Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20361 - 20380 of 20409 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,802 Posts
Drove it home from seaside at 45 mph or less on 3 cracked tires!! Got all the hunting gear stowed in the ship and parked the FSB in front of the father-in-law’s Nissan till I get new sneakers on it.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
312 Posts
Out with the old and in with the new. This one’s tether should actually hold in place and not fall out!

Nice! I always set mine on the gas pumps after losing one or two from the top of my rig and not being able to find them. At least if it's on the pump I have a chance of coming back and getting it.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Early Xmas gift to myself. Got new 33x12.5 tires put on the beast! Love the 33 as opposed to the 31s, rubs the radius arm a little at full lock, like others have noted, but overall great! Also installed a K&N air filter system for a little more HP.
View attachment 170168 View attachment 170169
A quick 2 inch suspension lift takes care of the rubbing problem real quick. Tightens up the turning radius too.

Reactions: EMO42

·
Registered
255 Posts
A quick 2 inch suspension lift takes care of the rubbing problem real quick. Tightens up the turning radius too.
I’ve got the 2 inch spacer lift on the front coils already. Is the lift you mention different?

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,255 Posts
Drove it back 'n forth to work all week. This cooler weather has solidified my decision to go Sniper in the spring. Tired of messing with the choke for optimal startup vs run. It starts easy, just idles high until it's warm enough. And if I run across town to the store and go inside for ten mins, I come out to start the process all over again, even tho it doesn't take as long to come off choke then it still sucks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Got my lincon fan mounted up fo my new radiator and got my new throttle body to fit into the lightning intake tube

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Early Xmas gift to myself. Got new 33x12.5 tires put on the beast! Love the 33 as opposed to the 31s, rubs the radius arm a little at full lock, like others have noted, but overall great! Also installed a K&N air filter system for a little more HP.
View attachment 170168 View attachment 170169
I’ve got the 2 inch spacer lift on the front coils already. Is the lift you mention different?
I replaced all the suspension springs. I didn't use spacers. If your tires are still hitting, your springs may just be worn out and sagging.
Did you use a lift spacer, or a leveling spacer for old springs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I performed a MUCH needed coolant flush. When I got the Bronco it had been sitting for more than 16 years. This is what I discovered.
broncocoolant.jpg
It's nice and clean now. I also discovered that it has the wrong T-stat in the 400 so I ordered a Track Boss 195 for it.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,791 Posts
PB Blastin’! Gotta remove this old water pump to use this timing cover for the new engine.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the other day that I used the winch to pull a couple bushes out of the front yard and cleaned out all the beds near the house. I gotta say, this Badland 12k winch is a hoss. I first started pulling the biggest bush out of the ground while I was standing next to the bronco using the hand controls while the bronco was idling and in park. It started dragging my bronco down the driveway. So I got in the cab and used the dash winch controls while holding the brake and pulled three or four bushes out of the ground. I didn’t get any pics of the pulling, but I have a “done” pic. Lol.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
612 Posts
Changed my oil and started my truck and fuel pump died.....now I guess I’m changing my fuel pump....

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
I performed a MUCH needed coolant flush. When I got the Bronco it had been sitting for more than 16 years. This is what I discovered.
View attachment 170366
It's nice and clean now. I also discovered that it has the wrong T-stat in the 400 so I ordered a Track Boss 195 for it.
Do it again in a month or two. It's amazing how much of that muck can be stuck in the system.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dropped my new gt40 heads off to be ported and met up with my interior guy to get these back panels finally.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I changed and gapped plugs to .055” and bumped the timing to 13 degrees. It made a difference, but died once on my test ride. Hoping that was a spoof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1995 Bronco XLT
139 Posts
Installed a dog crate carrier and secured it with tie downs for the boys (2 German Shepherds) so they can ride in style. Gonna get dog hair all over my new interior but they go everywhere with me so...

20361 - 20380 of 20409 Posts