Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20381 - 20400 of 22021 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,610 Posts
Removed my brand new, not reman AC compressor as it sounded like it was about to explode. I get the replacement tomorrow. I also removed my 14 month old 75 amp alternator as it died yesterday. 12 month warranty. I called Summit, where I bought it, explained the situation and asked if they could offer anything to help me out. I maybe expected 50% off. They send me a new one at N/C. They exceeded my expectations. Thank you, Summi Racing.
Good on Summit for taking care of that. I have never had a problem with something that needed to be returned, but I bought a ton of extra stuff from them when dropping the 347 in. Things like I used extended height gaskets on the valve covers. Didn't know what length ARB bolts to buy, so I bought 2 sizes. Only used 1 and returned the others. Simple process with absolutely no hassle.

Hope you get the compressor working. No AC would suck around here about now.

Reactions: Desert Bronco

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sanded, cleaned and masked and sprayed a couple coats of Raptors 4 to 1 epoxy primer on the body. I'll be spraying the entire body with raptor soon. Wanted to make sure I sealed the metal. The primer is nice stuff.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts
Tonight after it cooled down a bit, I installed the phenolic carb spacer that I got in the mail today. Hopefully it helps me not get stranded on the side of the road with this hot weather.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,650 Posts
Gonna look sharp! I would cover those nice looking wheels up the entire way before you spray the raptor - if it gets on them its a bear to get off - ask me how I know!

·
Registered
Lafayette, La
139 Posts
Was reading some older threads and saw a post by Jowens to refurb the hood light. Was bored today so I figured I'd give it a shot since it hadn't worked in years. A little before and after. View attachment 164671

Attachments

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,322 Posts
Haven't done anything. Lots of OT this past week, and too damn hot for this native New Englander. I'll post back here at the end of Sept. 😅

·
Registered
207 Posts
Gonna look sharp! I would cover those nice looking wheels up the entire way before you spray the raptor - if it gets on them its a bear to get off - ask me how I know!
Thanks! I've got new headlight bezels, aluminum trim, and kick plates coming from jbg. Gotta decide on the grill. Billet or factory style chrome from lmc.

Good point on the wheels. The raptor is some sticky/tough stuff. I sprayed my tub a few weeks ago and have been impressed. I think I'm going to try and color match the wheels and spray the top in Method bronze using the tintable raptor.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,917 Posts
Haven't done anything. Lots of OT this past week, and too damn hot for this native New Englander. I'll post back here at the end of Sept.
Super jealous, this is my usual OT season but due to corona only 40hr weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Got the engine on 10 BTDC, check the rotor, 180 out. Pulled the distributor, dropped it, and it fired up. Got the exhaust connected with a temp flex pipe (I had some GOOD 2.5" band clamps that I had leftover from the '19 GT when I did exhaust work) Fired it off.

Haven't even set the timing yet, gotta go get a radiator cap (Can't find the brand new one I bought - lost in the shop).

Over 50lbs of oil pressure according to the Autometer gauge.

I'll take it.

My "WATER PUMP" replacement is finally done.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs. 94 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/1356/3.50 gears.
437 Posts
Gave the 94 "piglet" a quick touchup with the cleaner wax after washing it. Also replaced upper radiator hose, flushed the brake fluid, lubticated the hinges cables and latches, and repaired the driver door latch.

Bled one the brakes on the 95 as well so I could trade driveway spots. Its been getting new wheel cylinders and calipers, being laid off monday slowed me down a bit.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts
I changed all my lugnuts to the factory wrench size so they'll fit my factory lug wrench.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
886 Posts
I was finally able to get my window down enough to open my tailgate and when I did I discovered
That the control box had fallen off of the key cylinder. Luckily for me I found the spring clip that holds it on and I reinstalled it. Here’s the part that has me scratching my head. When my tailgate is down I can put the key in and operate the window from the tailgate or the dash switch. The minute I close the tailgate the window does not work at all from either switch. Any idea what would be causing this? My guess right now is possibly the wires getting pinched when I close the tailgate that go from the tailgate to behind the tail light. They look like they have been patched before and I wonder if the patch is as bad as the radio wiring was. I may untape all of that tomorrow and look through it to see what it looks like. If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to let me know.

·
Super Moderator
27,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Wrapping up the engine install. Got some more distilled water, ran it until it came up to temp (stock thermostat). 195 degrees - @ 30lbs of oil pressure. No noises - runs so smooth I'm actually a bit suspicious.

Removed the air bag computer (air bag is gone - replaced steering column from a donor 93) so the annoying blinking light stopped. Ran KOEO test - zero codes.

The kid finished kilmat lining the front floorboard, doing the trans tunnel now.

Ordered stock replacement headlights - whomever figured out how to remove the OEM Ford headlight adjusters without breaking them - LET ME KNOW LOL.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
886 Posts
I was finally able to get my window down enough to open my tailgate and when I did I discovered
That the control box had fallen off of the key cylinder. Luckily for me I found the spring clip that holds it on and I reinstalled it. Here’s the part that has me scratching my head. When my tailgate is down I can put the key in and operate the window from the tailgate or the dash switch. The minute I close the tailgate the window does not work at all from either switch. Any idea what would be causing this? My guess right now is possibly the wires getting pinched when I close the tailgate that go from the tailgate to behind the tail light. They look like they have been patched before and I wonder if the patch is as bad as the radio wiring was. I may untape all of that tomorrow and look through it to see what it looks like. If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to let me know.

Anyone?

20381 - 20400 of 22021 Posts