20381 - 20400 of 20409 Posts

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
What does VMV stand for?

I did this a couple of days ago that is related to the vmv.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
571 Posts
That makes a lot of sense :). Thanks for the quick reply (y)

Reactions: MS88Bronc

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,791 Posts
Dropped off the engine block, main caps, and crank at the machine shop. Doing media blast, magnaflux, bore 0.030”, line hone, decks surfaced, freeze plugs, and cam bearings. If the crank needs turning, it’ll get turned. Will start ordering parts soon.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
710 Posts
Dropped off the engine block, main caps, and crank at the machine shop. Doing media blast, magnaflux, bore 0.030”, line hone, decks surfaced, freeze plugs, and cam bearings. If the crank needs turning, it’ll get turned. Will start ordering parts soon.
Can’t wait to follow along on this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
What does VMV stand for?

I did this a couple of days ago that is related to the vmv.

Have you searched and found any of the vacuum line upgrade to silicone threads? I tried it once, didn't have all the connectors and different size hoses I needed but I checked my stock lines while I had the engine out and everything checked out, so I blew it off. I hear good things though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
No Biker, I was not aware of such replacements. If it was cheap enough I'd do it but if replacing all the lines exceeds $50 - $100 I'd have to pass. It's running good enough for the time being. I have the temp gauge on the dash working, PSOM replaced, steering Column and wheel replaced, front Warn Premium hub lockers installed, drivers Captains seat arm rest fastened back to the seat, rear view mirror glued back on, rear window working and rear door handle working too. New trans oil filter, oil and modified trans pan with drain plug for quick oil/filter changes. Still have a lot of things I want to do so as long as the vacuum lines are good for now they can wait on other more desirable expenses like getting some LS carriers front/rear and building a custom front bumper with warm wench yada yada yada.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,791 Posts
Removed all the battery cables and terminals and cleaned them all up with wire brushes - it takes a few minutes with dual batteries, connecting cables, headlight harness and winch connections, etc. All the connections have nice shiny metal showing now and should be good to go. The Warden always reminds me to do this about twice per year when the cranks start to slow a little lol.

·
Premium Member
1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
1,285 Posts
I ran both Bronco's thru emissions this morning. The 93 failed because of the Wal Mart locking gas cap. I drove to NAPA 2 blocks away and bought another cap. They both fast passed! License plates on both expire Dec 31'st. $73.00 for the 88, and $76.00 for the 93...

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
710 Posts
Removed all the battery cables and terminals and cleaned them all up with wire brushes - it takes a few minutes with dual batteries, connecting cables, headlight harness and winch connections, etc. All the connections have nice shiny metal showing now and should be good to go. The Warden always reminds me to do this about twice per year when the cranks start to slow a little lol.
If you have any links to a ground wire schematic for an 89 it would be much appreciated lol. Also, lengths and diameters needed to upgrade the grounds. Mine are bad and I’m sure that’s what’s taking so long to crank......that’s at least where I’m starting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,791 Posts
I don’t @mattmann sorry bud. I actually will be replacing all of my cables soon as well, so I’ll be on the lookout for a good dual battery cable set as well.

In other news, I’m going to take a look at a 95 FSB tomorrow for the wife. She claims she wants one now too lol. This is it here:

·
36,848 Posts
Today I pulled the plow truck out of the shop and used it to jump the lil' lady's '78. It's pouring fuel out somewhere near the fuel pump, so I'll have to dig in a finger that out. It was running well enough to maintain idle and drive right in though.

I honestly keep forgetting what good, overall condition that rig is in. It needs a little body work in spots but man, the thing is such a prime resto candidate, I'm afraid once I start driving it... I'll have to start working on it. Firing over that smooth running 400 with the dual glass packs, just makes you want to grunt with it.

Old pic... still the same.

·
36,848 Posts
I bought it. Lol.
Number 2 - the wife wanted one.

AWESOME! Looks clean.

Got into a fender bender
DAMMIT!

I replaced the rubber fuel line with a custom bent 5/16" hard fuel line in the lil' ladies 78 400. I can't imagine why those 400's are so averse to rubber lines. Test drove it around, then into town and back. I haven't got a lot of experience with Holley's, other than blowing jets enough to have walked away from them long ago. Her's must be a double pumper... with fuel going in the front and rear? All it says that I can see is "Holly Performance". That thing just begs for more throttle through and still launches at 60. Remembered, that was how I got my last speeding ticket. Got the wrong wipers, not paying attention and trusting the O'Really's machine. Replaced front turn bulbs but think I need to replace the flasher units as they were hit-n-miss, even after plug corrosion cleaning still painfully slow, lit up improperly and inconsistently on the dash. I smell like fuel. Not a bad day. ;)

20381 - 20400 of 20409 Posts