Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20401 - 20420 of 20577 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,144 Posts
As long as you can keep track of the modifications you make, so when it's time to replace, you don't go "by the book" and end up with the wrong part(s), I don't think it matters much.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,362 Posts
How are they?
one word for you...amazing..

can't believe what a difference they made.. 0 leaks, from underneath, I can actually hear the valve train in the engine over the exhaust..

·
37,144 Posts
Having used the remflex gaskets to seal a long time problem seal issue with long tubes on my old, worn FE 360 in my old '73 F250, I would totally agree... they are amazing. Enough so to make you wonder why all gaskets aren't made as well.

Reactions: biggum

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,362 Posts
They look thick - I assume they crush when you torque down?
yes, they crush..you tighten starting with the inner most bolts and moving out, that way you spread the pressure evenly across the gasket. they're only supposed to get 20 ft lbs of final torque, you don't want to overcrush...after a few heat cycles I went back and retightened just to make sure everything was still snug.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Looked at it while I made a mental list of all the maintenance work I need to do.
New battery cables
oil change
rebuild engine
replace all wiring
re-assemble rear interior sans carpet (need to find a new rear seat bolt. Snapped one while removing rear seat.)

Then I realized that this will have to wait until I can buy a house this spring with a workshop the bronco will actually fit in.
Also, the wife wants her own bronco now. :love:

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
807 Posts
Found a shop to do my gears about 2 hours away. Has great reviews on google and when I called him and spoke with him to check his knowledge of the bronco and the ttb, he definitely put me at ease. So everywhere around me (Memphis) either wouldn’t touch them or was like $1700 labor only. He’s $1,700 out the door for rings, pinions, overhaul kits, bearings, seals and fluid plus a 1,000 mile service to “check it all out”. I’m adding a Detroit truetrack for another $500 to the rear and going to actually let him install my steering shaft and box since it’s $200 labor. Again he’s very knowledgeable about that as well.

Speaking of gear boxes....I bought a redhead on Black Friday sale for $25 off and free shipping. While talking to this guy, he said he has installed thousands of them on Jeep’s and what not but he would not recommend nor order them for anyone. When I asked him why he said they haven’t been good about honoring any warranty or anything. He recommended blue top without me asking about it. So with this said, I canceled my redhead and ordered a blue top today along with the column bearing they make. Ought to make for a tight setup.

Also, because of social media lol, I ordered a super nice set of custom HID Projector headlights and led tail lights from outlaw led’s last night. Spent WAY more than I want to admit but they should be really nice. Specs include: hid projector (45w), clear lenses all the way around, inside of housing painted colonial white to match paint, projector housing regatta blue, demon eye (rgb) inside projector, halo switchback around projector, “Ford” logo etched on projector glass. Taillights are LED with built in correct resistors, rgb bars that are all Bluetooth controlled (same as headlights) and the housing is painted white and has regatta blue accents. All plug and play, no cutting. Can’t wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
37,144 Posts
That's an interesting claim on the red-head. I had a problem with the one I ordered for my '73 F250 a few years back. Called 'em up, told them there was an issue but I wouldn't be able to deal with it for another month or two but wanted the issue on record. They said no problem, just call in when you're ready to swap it out. I paid return, they shipped the replacement for free... and we all lived happily ever after, as far as that was concerned.
Did he give you any specifics on the problems? Blue top's just fine from what I've heard but I'm curious.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
807 Posts
That's an interesting claim on the red-head. I had a problem with the one I ordered for my '73 F250 a few years back. Called 'em up, told them there was an issue but I wouldn't be able to deal with it for another month or two but wanted the issue on record. They said no problem, just call in when you're ready to swap it out. I paid return, they shipped the replacement for free... and we all lived happily ever after, as far as that was concerned.
Did he give you any specifics on the problems? Blue top's just fine from what I've heard but I'm curious.
No sir he didn’t. Just said he’s had several customers have bad stomper service or lack there of from there and due to that, he stopped recommending or ordering them for customers.

·
Registered
96 XLT, 5.8, E4OD, Auto 4x4, Mile Marker, 4in lift with 35's
63 Posts
Took the Bronco for Inspection and for the first time in 4 years it passed the Pa. inspection without needing a bulb or wiper blades! A clean inspection. Was so happy I had the oil changed and washed it!

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,002 Posts
...I ordered a super nice set of custom HID Projector headlights and led tail lights from outlaw led’s last night.
If you haven’t ordered one yet, I recommend picking up a heavy duty headlight harness from JBG. To get the power you want out of those HIDs, they’ll need all the current you can give them and you don’t want to have it run through the headlight switch first. This way, the switch simply flips the relays instead of closing the circuit for the direct headlight power. It’s $35 well spent.

Me? Took the family to the Christmas tree farm and picked out an overpriced tree!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Put the winter bonnet back on it!

Also got this yesterday - venison for the fridge - sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What a freaking stud!! Congrats!

·
Registered
807 Posts
If you haven’t ordered one yet, I recommend picking up a heavy duty headlight harness from JBG. To get the power you want out of those HIDs, they’ll need all the current you can give them and you don’t want to have it run through the headlight switch first. This way, the switch simply flips the relays instead of closing the circuit for the direct headlight power. It’s $35 well spent.

Me? Took the family to the Christmas tree farm and picked out an overpriced tree!

I didn’t think they made this for my brick nose??

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,002 Posts
I didn’t think they made this for my brick nose??

Here ya go! A 3G alternator upgrade would serve you well too.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,636 Posts
Yes- I put that harness in mine - works great.

Thanks! I hunted that guy since the beginning of October. Started with my crossbow and ended with the 45-70 one day before close. Actually my first deer, never really got into it until this year. I was out almost every morning in November. Wicked satisfying to finally take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20401 - 20420 of 20577 Posts