Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20661 - 20680 of 20748 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,099 Posts
Installing the JBG hydraulic clutch firewall reinforcement plate. Will be following with a new clutch master, braided stainless line, and slave that have been gravity bleeding for like 4 months or more lol

View attachment 175064
Also managed to get the brake booster, clutch master, and pedals all bolted in too. Then realized I didnt have the little plastic bushing for the connection between clutch rod and pedal. The little rod that the clutch rod hooks to was way worn out. So I made a new one a while back. Definitely wasnt helping my clutch engagement.

Old vs new
20200930_174758.jpg

So now to find one of those little bushings. Measurement wise, the ones from a superduty should work. JBG doesnt have any for 80-96.

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Just finished my front brake job... rotors, calipers and brake pads. Only one caliper was bad but they are relatively cheap so I replaced both.
Hopefully I'll never have to replace the rotors again. What a pain in my old arse having to disassemble the hubs to remove the rotors. It's so much easier on my F150 where I just have to remove the calipers and caliper brackets and the rotors slide right off.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,099 Posts
Clutch pedal repair part II.

Decided that i didnt want to wait on one of the crappy plastic clutch rod pedal bushings. So I took some measurements and went to the metal supply. Bought a section of brass tube, 1/2" diameter, .029" wall. Thinking, i should be able to make this work.

The peg I made for the clutch rod to hook to, is .440-.441". The hole in the clutch rod is .500". .500-(2×.029) is .442". So i lucked out and only had to cut it to length, drill the pin hole, and debur it. Fit like a MF'in glove!

Then got the steering column bolted back in and dash buttoned back up.

20210220_161738.jpg

20210220_161906.jpg

20210220_163717.jpg

·
Premium Member
1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
1,298 Posts
No pics! The 88 was looking like ass from all the snow/road shit all over and I couldn't stand looking at it. Drove down to the do it yourself car wash and scrubbed it clean. That was 4:00 PM. At 7:00 I looked out the window. There was 1/2" of snow on the Bronco and more on the way. Oh well...

·
Addicted to Junk
14,099 Posts
No pics! The 88 was looking like ass from all the snow/road shit all over and I couldn't stand looking at it. Drove down to the do it yourself car wash and scrubbed it clean. That was 4:00 PM. At 7:00 I looked out the window. There was 1/2" of snow on the Bronco and more on the way. Oh well...
My econoline has been trashed in the last couple weeks of bitter cold. Snow and ice accumulated in my swiss cheese rockers. Then froze and expanded. I kicked some road snow off the side and a 6" diameter chunk of body fell off!

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,161 Posts
My econoline has been trashed in the last couple weeks of bitter cold. Snow and ice accumulated in my swiss cheese rockers. Then froze and expanded. I kicked some road snow off the side and a 6" diameter chunk of body fell off!
Yikes! Yeah, since living in MI I have learned that it’s a bad idea to kick off those huge ice chunks that accumulate behind the front wheels. It usually breaks something when you kick those things off. I just let the front wheels wear them down when I turn the wheels lol.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,099 Posts
Yikes! Yeah, since living in MI I have learned that it’s a bad idea to kick off those huge ice chunks that accumulate behind the front wheels. It usually breaks something when you kick those things off. I just let the front wheels wear them down when I turn the wheels lol.
Hah yeah this one was on the body side behind the rear wheel. Had a good 4" built up on the outside like a fender flare!

The ol van is a literal rust bucket, but the lil 4.2v6 just keeps chugging along. I can drop softballs out the rockers from inside!!! Hence the reason i didnt make this van 4x4.

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,436 Posts
Finally... 29° out but the first sunny day in two weeks. Got the oil and filter change done.

Took 3-1/2 hours, LOL. All the neighbors took advantage of the sunshine as well - more BS'n goin' on than work getting done!

·
Registered
774 Posts
I dumped all the fluid in my D44 and took a 1st stab at cleaning it in preparation for welding. I also replaced all of my old rubber shock bushings with some red Energy Suspension parts, rotated the tires, and took her for a 40 mile drive!

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I drove the 93 E/B to Wall Mart and went inside shopping. Paid for my stuff and walked out. I was getting into the Bronco and this old guy walks up to me and ask's... I this one of the new Bronco's? I chuckled and said no sir. This one is 28 years old. HAHA!

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
376 Posts
Had a guy follow me into a parking lot today and ask if I'd sell my rig. We had a nice chat for a while and it sounds like he might trade my caramel colored door panels for tan ones that would match my interior. He could be another good source of parts. Maybe we could help each other out.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,344 Posts
Sold my "mud" set of tires and wheels to a real nice kid this afternoon. He's been working on the F100 his grandfather bought new and passed down. Nice to meet an intelligent young fella these days... but yea, I don't get out a whole lot anymore. ;)

·
Registered
96 XLT, 5.8, E4OD, Auto 4x4, Mile Marker, 4in lift with 35's
73 Posts
Went to a few body shops to get a estimate on some work I need done and drove by a little car lot that still has the same 91 Silver Anniversary I saw there almost 7 months ago. Stopped and gave the guy my name and number and told him if he wants to sell it for $2500.give me a call.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Got a rear bench seat shipped down to Tennessee from Minnesota. Looks like it’s in good shape and needs to be reupholstered. I made a mistake 10 years ago and threw out my rear bench seat due to a move. You live and learn...don’t throw out parts!
ex

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I have a reupholstered in Tan Leather rear seat out of my 93 sitting in a corner with all the hardware. Thought about tossing it many times. I know it will never get used as long as I'm still breathing. I pitched the one out of my 88 years ago...

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Hey anyone know how to pop this bench seat open. It’s now closed but can’t figure out how to use the latch to open it. There’s the rear latch on the backside and a latch on the side. It’s been 15 years since I had a rear bench and forgot how to do it....thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20661 - 20680 of 20748 Posts