Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21561 - 21580 of 21652 Posts

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
525 Posts
You get that cause of your lift or what?
Nope, just to eliminate any play in the steering. I have a NEW Redhead 4 bolt, Super Lift Super Runner Steering and now a Borgesen lower steering shaft. Now I just need to get my alignment fixed again because the last shop F'D it up bad.

P.S. Plus it's one more thing to add to my signature line. LOL

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,589 Posts
Stoked 454 out to 498....I know how you feel about bbc and strokers...shhhh I won’t tell;)
44 extra cubes is perfectly safe on a Big block. Strokers certainly have their place, i just like to play devils advocate. Hell my 300 is technically a factory stroked 240... And we have owned 2 chevies, a 79 Z28 and a non running 64 c10 stepside.

Reactions: 84mudhorse

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
817 Posts
I found these about 10 years ago. If you haven't ever used these you are missing out. Screw drilling and fighting, 5 min with a stick welder and you are on your way.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,589 Posts
I found these about 10 years ago. If you haven't ever used these you are missing out. Screw drilling and fighting, 5 min with a stick welder and you are on your way.
Nice, but that would require me to buy a stick welder!

Reactions: cwegga

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
817 Posts
Nice, but that would require me to buy a stick welder!
I forget that most people have migs these days. I tend to think that everyone has a 50 year old red box lincoln in the corner of their shop.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
I forget that most people have migs these days. I tend to think that everyone has a 50 year old red box lincoln in the corner of their shop.
I did have an ol Lincoln Tombstone, but i traded it and 700 bucks for a 76 bronco buggy with 302 to swap into my 74 back in high school. Really wish i hadnt sold that 74 back to the PO.

Just ordered a drive shaft from Tom Woods. I had spaced it out! Should be here wednesday, fingers crossed. This bronco should be called a boat, Bust Out Another Thousand... Ive spent that in the last couple weeks lol

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
751 Posts
44 extra cubes is perfectly safe on a Big block. Strokers certainly have their place, i just like to play devils advocate. Hell my 300 is technically a factory stroked 240... And we have owned 2 chevies, a 79 Z28 and a non running 64 c10 stepside.
My first bronco had a 300 six in it. I would scoop up another one of those in a heartbeat. Great motor.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
751 Posts
I did have an ol Lincoln Tombstone, but i traded it and 700 bucks for a 76 bronco buggy with 302 to swap into my 74 back in high school. Really wish i hadnt sold that 74 back to the PO.

Just ordered a drive shaft from Tom Woods. I had spaced it out! Should be here wednesday, fingers crossed. This bronco should be called a boat, Bust Out Another Thousand... Ive spent that in the last couple weeks lol
I share your pain sir

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
@fullsize what is going on? This thread keeps getting jacked out of order! Anyone else still seeing it?

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Administrator
1,355 Posts
@fullsize what is going on? This thread keeps getting jacked out of order! Anyone else still seeing it?

We thought the cache clean fixed it, because it appeared to but apparently something else is going on. Back to the drawing board. Is it JUST the post count number or is more happening? I'm only seeing the numbers repeating in some instances.

Edit: Of course as I post this, I see a post below mine from 6 hours ago. Ok, I now see whats really going on. I did not catch that previously.

Apparently the cache update is STILL ongoing (it paused earlier and we didn't catch it). Hopefully once it finishes, it resolves the entire issue. Bear with us for a bit longer.

-Mike

·
Registered
1994 XL, E40D, 5.0, rear lsd, front auto hubs
188 Posts
What exact type of metal make up exhaust manifold studs? Nobody knows or is willing to talk.Please don't say "hard af metal" or something vague like that.
I'm going down the rabbit hole on drilling metal, types of metals, types of bits.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
What exact type of metal make up exhaust manifold studs? Nobody knows or is willing to talk.Please don't say "hard af metal" or something vague like that.
I'm going down the rabbit hole on drilling metal, types of metals, types of bits.
Hard ass metal! Because it has been heated and cooled untold times. High Speed Steel drills work on most things. Carbide for the tough stuff, with or without a % of cobalt.

----------------------------

Got my air filter box and brace finished and painted. Now just to silicone some foam to the top for sealing the edges against the hood.

Also got my alternator bracket clearanced, painted, and the alternator mounted.

Ordered a drive shaft from Tom Woods.

Mounted the ol JY brush guard to the front, and a pair of summit cube LED flood lights. Had to remove the spot lights from my grill because the top bar of the brush guard blocked them. Moved them vertical on the sides of the brush guard. I swear I got this brush guard off a bullnose but it doesn't fit the bumper quite right. Might be for a dentside. Its mounted, regardless lol.

20210401_190235.jpg

20210401_190221.jpg

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
404 Posts

We thought the cache clean fixed it, because it appeared to but apparently something else is going on. Back to the drawing board. Is it JUST the post count number or is more happening? I'm only seeing the numbers repeating in some instances.

Edit: Of course as I post this, I see a post below mine from 6 hours ago. Ok, I now see whats really going on. I did not catch that previously.

Apparently the cache update is STILL ongoing (it paused earlier and we didn't catch it). Hopefully once it finishes, it resolves the entire issue. Bear with us for a bit longer.

-Mike
Still repeated numbers and out of order for me. Is it repeating numbers from a while ago and then ordering by post number messing up the order?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hard ass metal! Because it has been heated and cooled untold times. High Speed Steel drills work on most things. Carbide for the tough stuff, with or without a % of cobalt.

Got my air filter box and brace finished and painted. Now just to silicone some foam to the top for sealing the edges against the hood.
I was looking over your air box again and I have one thing that you might consider. You should shield the paper air filter from water. I think just a curved shield over the top would help. A wet paper filter flows zero air.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,570 Posts
Drove it to the big city for some errands. Hit a major milestone on the way, so I stopped off and gave her some special treatment to celebrate. Oil change and a new filter. Won't be doing that again for awhile. Not sure who's getting ripped off more... me or the kids making minimum wage.

Was a little tougher snapping the ideal pic, especially with my walmart special phone, driving down a main street.

·
Registered
1994 XL, E40D, 5.0, rear lsd, front auto hubs
188 Posts

Also got my alternator bracket clearanced, painted, and the alternator mounted.

Ordered a drive shaft from Tom Woods.

Mounted the ol JY brush guard to the front, and a pair of summit cube LED flood lights. Had to remove the spot lights from my grill because the top bar of the brush guard blocked them. Moved them vertical on the sides of the brush guard. I swear I got this brush guard off a bullnose but it doesn't fit the bumper quite right. Might be for a dentside. Its mounted, regardless lol.

View attachment 177445

View attachment 177446
I like the restomod look of the combination of what seems like an oem bumper and a JY random brush guard. I thought about doing the same thing u did with ur hook but with a winch instead. Kove my oem bumper though not sure if I'll have the stomach to do such thing. Si a hook? No winch? What's the thought process?

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
I was looking over your air box again and I have one thing that you might consider. You should shield the paper air filter from water. I think just a curved shield over the top would help. A wet paper filter flows zero air.
There is a rear facing "hood scoop" going over the hole in the hood. Its made from a C6 trans pan with the back edge cut out. Hole is about 2" by 10", facing the windshield. I would think that would be enough? Thats the outline in black silicone.

20210328_162511.jpg

Filter is also not paper, its an AFE ProGuard 7, made from cotton and synthetics.

Always appreciate the second set of eyes though!

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
I like the restomod look of the combination of what seems like an oem bumper and a JY random brush guard. I thought about doing the same thing u did with ur hook but with a winch instead. Kove my oem bumper though not sure if I'll have the stomach to do such thing. Si a hook? No winch? What's the thought process?
It is a factory bumper with a front receiver hitch poking through. The "bull ring" comes out and a winch goes in its place. I can put the winch in front or rear hitch. It resides in the cargo area over a wheel well. Brush guard is definitely home built, and weighs at least 75 pounds. Definitely came off a 73-86 ford.

21561 - 21580 of 21652 Posts