Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21841 - 21843 of 21843 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,486 Posts
Gave myself a defibrillator shock when reaching my arm in the engine compartment to cap off the the thermactor tube while the engine was running. Yeah, I haven't learned my lesson. One of my sparky wires was burned through from making contact with my headers, which is why I was gutting the smog plumbing. I guess I got close enough to arc some spark through my left arm, across my chest, and down my right arm to the intake plenum as a ground. It felt like my heart was bouncing off my rib cage!!. Now I am just waiting to see what super powers I get. Spent the rest of the time ripping out the smog pump plumbing and vacuum hoses. Now I can actually get to my plug wires and chase down an exhaust leak on the passenger side. Also, getting to the transmission dip stick might be a little easier as well. It's the little things, right? I'll install the bypass pulley tomorrow and drop the smog pump and call it done.

P.S. With JBA headers it looks like you have to remove the passenger header to get to the number 4 spark plug.
This sucks!
I shock myself like that like once per quarter lol.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,712 Posts
It felt like my heart was bouncing off my rib cage!!. Now I am just waiting to see what super powers I get.
Would you consider laying on the shop floor, trembling and gasping for air a "super power". 😂😝

Reactions: TheWolf
21841 - 21843 of 21843 Posts