Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21961 - 21980 of 22051 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts

Not sure what type the gen 2 has but here is the pic. Let me know!
That one looks like it has nicer relays etc. than the cheap ones I'm looking at. The connectors are different though. I could probably buy connectors from here, and re-terminate the wires...but I'm not sure.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,143 Posts
"New" door panels! Well, new arm rests on junkyard panels. Also put the insulation from JBG behind em. Im not 100% sure but i think the insulation was a return... Had sharpie marks on it for speakers and everything else which was already cut out. Took 10 days to ship after the other part of the order did. Either way, they work.

20210603_115320.jpg

Still waiting on brake lines from Crown Performance so i can finish my hydro boost install and T-bird calipers.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,608 Posts
Finished up the heater return line install - burped the radiator and topped it off. Reset the ignition timing since I had to pull the dizzy to get in there. All good now and no leaks!

Also, when I went the other day to get an R-134a recharge, they told me the dryer was leaking. I replaced that with a Rock Auto unit, with new o-rings, and I’m getting it recharged right now. Fingers crossed!

Edit:
Apparently there was no valve in the charge port so they can’t charge it. New hose ordered, since the old one was cracked anyway.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,326 Posts
Yesterday: drove it to work 2 days in a row, no issues. Then, walked out from work... no start. Crank fine, fuel pressure gauge to the Sniper at 60, so assumed no spark. Broke out the multi-meter and started probing. No voltage at the coil, but had it at the feed wire on the firewall. Ahhhh, bet the resistor I had put in years ago for the Mallory distributor I used to have gave out (never took it out when I put the HEI in). I bypassed it and back to the way it was, easy enough due to bullet connectors. Cranked 1.5 turns and fired right up. I had totally forgot about that thing.

·
Registered
96 XLT, 5.8, E4OD, Auto 4x4, Mile Marker, 4in lift with 35's
108 Posts
Ordered new door seals because of the door rattles and of course the are back ordered. A friend said just wipe them with brake fluid and the seals will swell. It worked so I'll wait a few days and maybe cancel the order.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
3,874 Posts
Pulled my headlight bezels and that strip that goes across the top of the grille to repaint the black on them.
210604_215917_COLLAGE-1.jpg

They didn't look so bad when they were pulled and washed 🤷

What a p.i.t.a it was taping these bezels. Good thing I'm patient 😊
20210604_195311.jpg

Also washed the ambers since I had them out anyway... What a difference.

To be continued...

·
Registered
86 BKO orig-5.0efi swap to 91 5.8efi w/AOD longtube w/2.5in to 3in hiflo cat 3in hp shorty flomaster
93 Posts

·
Registered
1994 XL, E40D, 5.0, rear lsd, front auto hubs
238 Posts
Trying to fix the PO’s homemade heater line return debauchery and replace with this Motorcraft return line, for proper placement of the ECT sensor and so the rubber heater hose isn’t draped over the intake ducts and throttle body. What a cluster f&@$. I had to sawzall some of the pipe off and this damn nipple is stuck and can’t get it out. Then, I went to replace the thermostat, and not only was it the wrong temp, it was in backwards. I have the correct Motorcraft 195° tstat in THE CORRECT WAY now, and now I have to refocus my attention to the stuck fitting. What a PITA.

Some people shouldn’t be handling a wrench.

Edit:
Just found these. Gonna try these tomorrow to remove that damn nipple.

PSA folks - DON’T BE LIKE THIS BRONCO’S PO AND USE HARDWARE STORE PLUMBING ON YOUR ENGINE!!!

Edit 2:
Got that bitch! Lol
Lol. Wtf. I have the same experience. So many things on my Bronco are shadetree. You know what?some of the shadetree stuff is coming from me!!!
But to be aerious if the part exists I will buy and install it, except for that exhaust that I took upton to rebuild and is still giving me trouble.
One theory I have on some of these shameful repairs is that people just don't have access to the right parts and they have to make do. I'm thinking my F350 springs are an example of it. When it comes to real work though, sheetmetal and stuff like that, there are no parts. Those are what define the real Bronco owner, the ability to push through those challenges without making it GHETTO!

·
Registered
1994 XL, E40D, 5.0, rear lsd, front auto hubs
238 Posts
Seems I forgot to mention what I dod today. I had been painting those rims I posted a while back. Not sure if they belonged on a truck of those years or the original wheels but I felt they would be cooler than those weird Mangels that the PO decided to outfit with some run of the mill BFGs. Got the set of Toyos mounted and balanced today. Put them on the truck when I got back home and they're sending interesting vibes of restomod. With the chrome hubcaps. Looks classic, but also aggressive due to the tires. Should ride pretty okay on the street on my way to hell. Will post pictures when I can take them.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,143 Posts
Gonna flex seal my windshield, last try before i call safelite
Just leaking? Sashco makes a wonderful product called 'Through the Roof'. Comes in quarts and caulking tubes. I used it to seal the leaking drip rails above the rear doors in my econoline. 3 years later and still not a drip. Its just a clear gel like product that you brush on. Its made to seal roof fixtures on houses that have developed leaks.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
558 Posts
Thought about building another center console.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Just leaking? Sashco makes a wonderful product called 'Through the Roof'. Comes in quarts and caulking tubes. I used it to seal the leaking drip rails above the rear doors in my econoline. 3 years later and still not a drip. Its just a clear gel like product that you brush on. Its made to seal roof fixtures on houses that have developed leaks.
thanks blue, ordered!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The Bronco took it easy on me this weekend. My other Ford is beating me down pretty badly. 2011 Ford Focus with a AC evaporator leak. You have to disassemble and remove the entire dash assembly to get to the heater/AC unit. The shop qouted me 850$ in labor ... and that exceeded my $300 labor threashold to pay someone else....... FUN TIMES

Since she is 10 years old I just decided to replace the entire AC system. Compressor , condesor, and expansion value next. All parts at Rock auto for 450$ ... alot better than the $1,200 estimate for just the evaporator replacement.

21961 - 21980 of 22051 Posts