Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

22001 - 22020 of 22051 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,143 Posts
To finish up my auxiliary light installation I have four new LED flood pods going on each corner of the roof basket. These will point down and out to the corners of the bronco.

I pulled a pair of those exact same lights off a bumper in the JY. They need painted, and all the screws holding the mounting bracket to the intermediate bracket had fused to it and broke off. So maybe use a dab of antiseize on them.

since I just gobbled down a chili-cheese beef dog from "Fast Eddies" down here. It weren't fast... but it was damn yummy. Thanks bud.
Just wait... Fast Eddie doesn't get its name from fast service...! Lol

I know im a bit late with that comment, and no ive never been to fast Eddie's!

On another note, i spent all afternoon sweating my cahones off changing brakes on my superduty. Then had to make a run into town for a rear caliper bracket because a slider pin was rusted solid. I said thats enough with one side done in the 105° heat index. Had a tarp stretched out above me for shade, as all my garage spots are full.

·
Registered
1994 351w xl. 3.55 gears, e40d, 33" tires, mostly stock everything else
11 Posts
Was working on getting proof of concept in place for my addressable LED strips and adding head unit control, as well as finally finishing the heated driver seat wiring. Just have the passenger side left and I can add my 40/20/40 split bench

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,819 Posts
Just wait... Fast Eddie doesn't get its name from fast service...! Lol
I know im a bit late with that comment, and no ive never been to fast Eddie's!
Well... with a normal gut, you probably wouldn't be wrong. With my junked up guts... it was barely worth it, as it stuck with me all damn day today. Good thing I'm used to that sh!t. ;)

Home safe and sound tonight. Black Bitch took down that 800 mile run without so much as a hiccup. Sailing my big black brick through the waving hills and prairies of S.E. WA. was nice. I would have rather been on the bike but I was glad I went prepared and my FSB took good care of me, so I can't complain. I even managed 13 mpg, fighting strong head and cross winds, over and through hills most of the way. Better than I honestly expected but it was not a cheap trip.

Was good to see my bro but man, I felt bad. The poor bastard is looking like a bloated pos, stuck in that sh!thole. He's in such bad shape, they wheeled him over in a wheelchair and his eyes were so sunken and pale with bags, it looked like somebody gave him 2 black eyes. As if getting through security with my prosthetic wasn't fun enough, that's the first time I've had to wear a face diaper for more than an hour. Bugged the ever lovin' piss out of me, I don't know how people do it. Figured out at the end that I had the damn thing on upside down. 8 hour drive and a couple hundred bucks spent for a 1 hour visit, behind plastic cubicles and both wearing our face diapers, with nobody around us for 20 ft. or more. Frustrating as hell... but still, better than nothing. At least we shared a few laughs and made the most of it. We'll know by the end of summer if his appeal will be heard and he's working on at least getting moved back closer north to a minimum security joint, instead of that max sh!t-hole. I'd rather he be free... but minimum security would still be far more appropriate and much easier time, if he's stuck finishing out the next 18 yrs.

Sorry... got caught up. Bronco ran like a champ and I'd be confident driving her across the country now. Not something I've been able to say since the rebuild(s), with my tons of short trips and no real road time behind me. All that time and effort and all the help given ended up being well worth it. Thank you again to everybody that stuck with me through that mess.

Now I just hope Dad does ok on his fishing drive-about in his old '78 FSB. It's still making some noises that sound like a bad bearing somewhere, we couldn't track down and his speedo was still acting up, despite replacing the old cable with a new one a few days before he split. He bailed out the day before me, to drive across Idaho and Montana, hitting his favorite old fishing spots one last time. I'm seriously concerned for him out there. He's 82 now and getting pretty skinny and frail in his old age, having random physical problems off and on as those old horse jockey injuries are coming back to haunt him sporadically but he's as stubborn as they come and far be it from me to tell him what to do. He'd just tell me to go piss up a rope anyhow. At least he's got one of these cheap ass cell-phones on him, so he can call me... or I can have the authorities track it down, worst case.

You guys know that weird dude that just strikes up a conversation about nothing with total strangers... standing in line or walking around any place? Yea... I'm that guy. Drives my ol' lady nuts but I'll tell ya what, if not for having decent, random, conversations with people I've never met didn't turn out so well, I'd have totally lost faith in humanity by now. As it is... I'm glad to report that there are still a lot of good people out there, of all different makes and models, no less... who still have a sense of humor and don't have their heads wedged too far up their back sides. 🍻

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Poked at the AC controls today. The vent selector lever is just flopping around. Before, it had a nice, satisfying hiss and click as it moved. Also, the AC compressor won't come on, so I'm sure there's some contacts in there that need cleaning. Looks like I'll have to pull that apart now.

One of these days, I'll have to do a complete teardown and rebuild of Farmhand.

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,819 Posts
Got the pics off my camera. Nothing noteworthy but a few shots of the SE Washington wasteland, complete with giant "pin-wheels" and a road sign that co-incidentally combines my lil' ladies maiden and sir names...

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
3,874 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does the jack have a lock?
Im just going to use a shotgun lock or a cable lock. I learned a long time ago that if someone wants to steal something, they're going to steal something. If you make it to hard, they're to stupid and will just break and ruin everything else just trying to get to it. Better off only having a deterrent to keep the kids and lazy thieves away, but easy enough that you dont have to spend $1000 in repairs and a week in labor just for that $80 jack.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Man of endless projects
9,599 Posts
so i got this fancy bumper from a Toyota Tundra and i wanted to see how it looks on my 96. the current bumper has no support due to the winch and tow loop cutouts along with the factory holes. its very big and bulky which i hate. it doesn't quite match the body but i have been trimming it to fit better. it might make engine work a pain. but it is a trong bumper and free. this is it just mocked up.

old pic for comparison

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
so i got this fancy bumper from a Toyota Tundra and i wanted to see how it looks on my 96. the current bumper has no support due to the winch and tow loop cutouts along with the factory holes. its very big and bulky which i hate. it doesn't quite match the body but i have been trimming it to fit better. it might make engine work a pain. but it is a trong bumper and free. this is it just mocked up.

View attachment 180811 View attachment 180812

old pic for comparison
View attachment 180813
Idk man from the side that thing looks real good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,143 Posts

old pic for comparison
View attachment 180813
Ditch the headlight guard parts...

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,608 Posts

old pic for comparison
View attachment 180813
Agree with @BigBlue 94 ditch the headlight guards and it’ll be sweet, while yes, slightly harder to work on from the front. I tend to kneel on my bumper near the headlights to get to some areas deep in the engine bay. You wouldn’t be able to kneel on yours but a platform would help a lot.

·
Premium Member
95 XLT 5.8 E4OD
1,418 Posts
We left for a 4 day stay on the beach with the grandkids Weds. mMy grandson drove as usual in the bronco, no Nana Toyota for him. Nana left before us. I hook up the skiff and double check to make sure we have all the toyz. We’re set to go and the dang passenger window powers all the way down not up. It’s the start of rainy season in central coastal FL. Luckily we only had 2 hours of rain yesterday morn. Two purposes for this trip. Surfing for the 3 year old grandson and one year old granddaughter. Two, the new moon in June due to the great tide flow is legendary for snook fishing at a local spot in Manatee County and this would be my grandsons first outing to experience that spot. When it’s great you can hook 200 snook in a 5 hour outgoing tide flow. It’s a long skiff ride to the spot and the 3 year old was ready. He wore the fish out. Back home today after seeing great grandma and we ripped into the door panel him finding all those sneaky screws. Now to drill the dimples.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
3,874 Posts
Ran errands in her (Saturday ritual). Stopped at dollar general to pick up a couple things. I stayed in the bko and hubby ran in (I had enough people'ing having just come from hellmart 🙄). Some random old head parks 2 spots over in his newer 150, and some reject from the office is circling me in his red Wrangler like a shark, with a shit eating grin on his face. Hubby comes out just as office boy (with his family in tow) parks one spot over facing me head on. Dude proceeds to chat up hubby about the bko, telling us alllll about his childhood in a bko, peering in all my windows and nearly falls over with the power windows. I mean he was practically giddy taking to Scott about it... In the meanwhile I'm watching old head come back out, gets in his 150 and starts it up, revved it once looking at us as office guy is bubbling and just shakes his head... So I gun it, and she growls and rumbles down and old head gets an ear to ear grin on his face and drove away with that smile... Office dude finally relents in the conversation and backs away with a final complement and I drive away while his wife and kiddos are all plastered to the passenger side windows of the Wrangler smiling, pointing and watching as I drive away...

I'm not quite sure I can take this kind of attention from total strangers... 😏🤔

·
Registered
33 Posts
I drove my truck today. Its raining again in north ala. I took the side windows out of my shell purposfully. A hard top convertable perhaps. So i drove truck so rain wont come in the back. So when the rain quits here in north ala i will get back into my bronco (-: View attachment 180706
Going on a near 150 mile trip today in the bronco. Headed to west alabama from east alabama. Going to the rattlesnake saloon and Helen Keller birth place. SALOON | lodge-saloon
What did i do to my bko today? The bleeping bleep electric fuel pump up and died. So i put a new electric fuel pump on my bleeping bleeping bko on the side of the road. Luckily i was with some friends and they drove me to the auto store for parts. Got it to the hotel finally, with hopes of making it home
tomorrow. Then ill go back to the manual fuel pump by the end of next week i hope.

22001 - 22020 of 22051 Posts