Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22021 - 22040 of 22301 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
We left for a 4 day stay on the beach with the grandkids Weds. mMy grandson drove as usual in the bronco, no Nana Toyota for him. Nana left before us. I hook up the skiff and double check to make sure we have all the toyz. We’re set to go and the dang passenger window powers all the way down not up. It’s the start of rainy season in central coastal FL. Luckily we only had 2 hours of rain yesterday morn. Two purposes for this trip. Surfing for the 3 year old grandson and one year old granddaughter. Two, the new moon in June due to the great tide flow is legendary for snook fishing at a local spot in Manatee County and this would be my grandsons first outing to experience that spot. When it’s great you can hook 200 snook in a 5 hour outgoing tide flow. It’s a long skiff ride to the spot and the 3 year old was ready. He wore the fish out. Back home today after seeing great grandma and we ripped into the door panel him finding all those sneaky screws. Now to drill the dimples.
Thats a lot of snook. Great eating too. Your bko luck sounds like mine

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,687 Posts
Ran errands in her (Saturday ritual). Stopped at dollar general to pick up a couple things. I stayed in the bko and hubby ran in (I had enough people'ing having just come from hellmart ). Some random old head parks 2 spots over in his newer 150, and some reject from the office is circling me in his red Wrangler like a shark, with a shit eating grin on his face. Hubby comes out just as office boy (with his family in tow) parks one spot over facing me head on. Dude proceeds to chat up hubby about the bko, telling us alllll about his childhood in a bko, peering in all my windows and nearly falls over with the power windows. I mean he was practically giddy taking to Scott about it... In the meanwhile I'm watching old head come back out, gets in his 150 and starts it up, revved it once looking at us as office guy is bubbling and just shakes his head... So I gun it, and she grows and rumbles and old head gets an ear to ear grin on his face and drove away with that smile... Office dude finally relents in the conversation and backs away with a final complement and I drive away while his wife and kiddos are all plastered to the passenger side windows of the Wrangler smiling, pointing and watching as I drive away...

I'm not quite sure I can take this kind of attention from total strangers...
Everybody has a Bronco story to tell when they see one in a parking lot...

Was at the local nursery picking up some more natives for the monarch garden in my standard summer togs (cargo shorts & Hawaiian shirt). Getting the snooty vibe from some woman and her mother circling around. Use to it.

Any how, loading up the Bronco and out walks Ms. Snooty and her mom and they start gushing about the truck like they are long lost friends - total 180°!

See FSB's can bring world peace, because everyone has a Bronco story.

·
Registered
1994 351w xl. 3.55 gears, e40d, 33" tires, mostly stock everything else
12 Posts
I had a neighbour park beside me in one of the hardware store parking lots. Older gal, retired, 70s likely. Asked if I lived at such and such. Yes I did. Tells me she's been admiring my truck and that some of her friends used to own them years ago. The only other car I drive that gets so much attention is my supercharged 6.0 SSR

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ran errands in her (Saturday ritual). Stopped at dollar general to pick up a couple things. I stayed in the bko and hubby ran in (I had enough people'ing having just come from hellmart 🙄). Some random old head parks 2 spots over in his newer 150, and some reject from the office is circling me in his red Wrangler like a shark, with a shit eating grin on his face. Hubby comes out just as office boy (with his family in tow) parks one spot over facing me head on. Dude proceeds to chat up hubby about the bko, telling us alllll about his childhood in a bko, peering in all my windows and nearly falls over with the power windows. I mean he was practically giddy taking to Scott about it... In the meanwhile I'm watching old head come back out, gets in his 150 and starts it up, revved it once looking at us as office guy is bubbling and just shakes his head... So I gun it, and she grows and rumbles and old head gets an ear to ear grin on his face and drove away with that smile... Office dude finally relents in the conversation and backs away with a final complement and I drive away while his wife and kiddos are all plastered to the passenger side windows of the Wrangler smiling, pointing and watching as I drive away...

I'm not quite sure I can take this kind of attention from total strangers... 😏🤔
Get used to it. Lmao. I get comments and offers to buy my old Bronco every day down here in the Keys. And everyone has a Bronc story too!
PS, I just smile at the new Jeep Guys, we get a ton of Miamite weekend warriors down here, I had no idea that they make the "Badass" new Jeeps in 2WD versions hahahahahah! They lift them and have all the expensive cool guy accessories bolted to them too. Silly city boys....

·
Registered
406 Posts
This am I swapped fuel filter, cap and rotor, (both fried). Found a plug wire arcing on the port exhaust manifold. Felt like an idiot for a minute. Found the misfire. 🤪.......
Now Im ordering a set of plug wires. Decisions decisions....429 running a duraspark ignition....

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,084 Posts
Get used to it. Lmao. I get comments and offers to buy my old Bronco every day down here in the Keys. And everyone has a Bronc story too!
PS, I just smile at the new Jeep Guys, we get a ton of Miamite weekend warriors down here, I had no idea that they make the "Badass" new Jeeps in 2WD versions hahahahahah! They lift them and have all the expensive cool guy accessories bolted to them too. Silly city boys....
I hear ya... And I don't mind the guy at the gas station or garden center with a quick comment or offer... But this guy... He was out there.. like stalker crazed... I've seen criminal minds and he reminded me of half the unsubs... He did everything but open the door... And the way his family was plastered to the windows in the Jeep watching....
That... Was just creepy... He was the first fan in almost 3 years to make my whiskers twitch...

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,764 Posts
Mounted the LED floods on the roof today. Ran the wires into the cab through the topper and installed a waterproof plug so I can remove the basket without cutting wires. Drilled a hole and ran the wires through a rubber grommet with plenty of marine silicone. Also installed one more fuse and 40A relay for them. I’ll wire up the switch and power wire/ground tomorrow after the silicone has cured. (Engine swap got postponed due to other things going on - will happen as soon as I can reschedule my help!)

·
Registered
1994 XL, E40D, 5.0, rear lsd, front auto hubs
321 Posts
Changed rear sifferential fluid, or in the process of, since the gasket has to dry for 24 hours. Fluid was dirty but not too bad. Gears in perfect condition. Sanded the cover inside out and gave it a new coat of Valerian Steel.
I want to spend the big bucks to get a locker installed but not aure if in the front or in the rear since the rear already has limited slip. This will be next year though.
IMG_20210613_163655.jpg

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,932 Posts
I'd go front with that combo but only air or electric. the "lunchbox" locker (Aussie) on my 90 was insanely annoying and dangerous at times. it would try and fail to lock on corners and on icy roads, even when the hubs were un-locked. that said... when needed the power to get out was incredible. never again but I'd slap a selectable front locker on my '95 w/LS rear and 4.56 gears yesterday, if I could afford it.

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,101 Posts
Put the top back on today. Took it off about 3 weeks ago and only got to drive it once. Ol' Faithful is being put into DD duty early due to my grandson totaling his 08 Escape. Single vehicle accident, dodging a squirrel started it... Thank the Lord he wasn't hurt except for lots of small cuts from glass. Wasn't even sore the next day.

Anyway, offered him a great deal on my 11 Fusion and he enthusiastically accepted. He's a great kid or I wouldn't have offered. So, I'll be driving the Bronco to work for the next 7 weeks - then retire!

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Put the top back on today. Took it off about 3 weeks ago and only got to drive it once. Ol' Faithful is being put into DD duty early due to my grandson totaling his 08 Escape. Single vehicle accident, dodging a squirrel started it... Thank the Lord he wasn't hurt except for lots of small cuts from glass. Wasn't even sore the next day.

Anyway, offered him a great deal on my 11 Fusion and he enthusiastically accepted. He's a great kid or I wouldn't have offered. So, I'll be driving the Bronco to work for the next 7 weeks - then retire!
Glad he's ok...u retiring or retiring the rig from DD duty?
natures-little-speed-bump.jpg

·
37,932 Posts
Time to learn a good lesson... sometimes it's better to squash the road varmints. I once narrowly avoided a 12 car pile-up when someone swerved to miss a dog running across the highway. I love dogs but after that... sorry doggy but you're road kill if you run out infront of me. I wouldn't even think about swerving for a tree-rat... even on the bike.

You a good grampy though. Hope the FSB serves you well for as long as service is required. 🍻 (y)

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,101 Posts
Glad he's ok...u retiring or retiring the rig from DD duty?
View attachment 180880
Haha, frisbee squirrels!

Thanks @BroncMom. I'm retiring myself! Not quite full SS retirement age, but close enough. I had planned on using the Bronco as my DD after retirement just to simplify things.

That 11 Fusion has been the most reliable car I've ever had though. Little 4 banger with spunk and 30 MPG. It had 52K on it when I bought it and has 143K on it now. I had to put brakes on the front and the driver's door handle broke. Other than that just standard maintenance and it still doesn't use a drop of oil.

And Mrs. Willis surprised me by suggesting I take the proceeds from the Fusion and put them in the Bronco fund!

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Time to learn a good lesson... sometimes it's better to squash the road varmints. I once narrowly avoided a 12 car pile-up when someone swerved to miss a dog running across the highway. I love dogs but after that... sorry doggy but you're road kill if you run out infront of me. I wouldn't even think about swerving for a tree-rat... even on the bike.

You a good grampy though. Hope the FSB serves you well for as long as service is required. 🍻 (y)
Thanks @BikerPepe`, I hope he learned that lesson.

Reminds me of a couple years ago. We have a pretty big population of illegal alien Canada Geese in our area. We were doing 65-70 MPH down I-75. All of a sudden people were slamming on their brakes because some geese were walking across the interstate! I couldn't believe it! No wrecks, and I was able to get around in the fast lane, but goose guts and feathers would have been scattered on the road if they would have been in my lane.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks @BikerPepe`, I hope he learned that lesson.

Reminds me of a couple years ago. We have a pretty big population of illegal alien Canada Geese in our area. We were doing 65-70 MPH down I-75. All of a sudden people were slamming on their brakes because some geese were walking across the interstate! I couldn't believe it! No wrecks, and I was able to get around in the fast lane, but goose guts and feathers would have been scattered on the road if they would have been in my lane.
No kidding, tourists slam on their brakes and or swerve to avoid these damn Iguanas we have. They're all over, non indigenous and leave messes where ever they go. Try cleaning Iguana crap off of gelcoat after it bakes in the 90⁰ sun for awhile, you'll aim for the little bastards after you wash a few boats.

·
37,932 Posts
Gotta be careful still. My Dad blew out the rear tire on his Hog once... running through the desert, just north of Death Valley, when he hit a scorpion crossing the road. I'm sure it didn't help that you could fry an egg on the blacktop though.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Haha, frisbee squirrels!

Thanks @BroncMom. I'm retiring myself! Not quite full SS retirement age, but close enough. I had planned on using the Bronco as my DD after retirement just to simplify things.

That 11 Fusion has been the most reliable car I've ever had though. Little 4 banger with spunk and 30 MPG. It had 52K on it when I bought it and has 143K on it now. I had to put brakes on the front and the driver's door handle broke. Other than that just standard maintenance and it still doesn't use a drop of oil.

And Mrs. Willis surprised me by suggesting I take the proceeds from the Fusion and put them in the Bronco fund!
Sweet... I like Mrs Willis even more now. Smart lady 👍 and congrats on the retirement. Excited?

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Sweet... I like Mrs Willis even more now. Smart lady 👍 and congrats on the retirement. Excited?
Very excited!💥🔥 Yeah, she's very smart, she's stuck with me for over 40 years. On second thought, maybe that's not the best evidence :)

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD, 31x10.5R15 BF Goodrich A/T on OEM Rims, Rust Resto w/Custom Suspension
102 Posts
Reactions: Big_Rob
22021 - 22040 of 22301 Posts