Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22221 - 22240 of 22281 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,637 Posts
I did a little bit of work on my brake swap. Got all the stainless lines cut, correct fittings put on, and new flares. All thats left is to install the master and the wheel cylinders. The $60 3/16 specific Earl's flaring tool works really well.

My new master came with a normal sized reservoir, so I decided to try my hand at cleaning the massive f-superduty reservoir. Got it clean enough, and have had it soaking overnight. Its about twice the size of a normal reservoir.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,928 Posts
Got the old gir in gararge finally pulled a/c compressor off took all linrd loose pulled all o-rings flushed sytem and got a good bath. Inalled new compressor o-rigrd all lines new dryer even instslling shortehed belt (smog pump was locked up and it fell off) so new shortehed belt. Got vacumn pump out so sucked iy down see how it holds overnite. Changed oil using Purple power and filter. found the seats I wanted ywo buckets crnter console and back seat going to recover inoak tree material, then on to shocks this bull bounces after stopping a copule minutes supossed to be guad shock I am lucki I have 1 in ea position all leaking, whats best shocks to put on there are so many🥵
Bilsteins tend to be the favorites around here... but any port in a storm will do. The quad shock isn't an absolute requirement. Many run a single up front for daily driver rigs and some models were never even setup with the buckets. If you're going hardcore or towing, they are more important.

FYI: Spelling matters.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,141 Posts
Well….. I can finally contribute something to the wdyd!!! So yesterday after a couple months of searching for used tires I finally broke down and set 3 ankles on blocks.
22B98895-EAA4-4D17-AD45-F10716336531.jpeg

Then proceeded to take the 18+ year old shoes to Portland
EEA54C73-4031-486E-915B-77EC0DA052FB.jpeg
E44AFC51-C86E-4E53-98B7-5341C98C4301.jpeg

Turns out you can in fact fit 4 , 33/9.50R15’s in an 05 Corolla and more importantly you can squeeze 4, 33/12.50R15 tires in there, 3 in the back seat one in da trunk.
CD72CBAE-4BD2-488D-8943-2124DCDCBFBF.jpeg
45F17D31-6C6C-4D44-B377-93E22D14E83E.jpeg
F122E849-1D2F-4107-B3F5-5CD793D0AE7D.jpeg
572CAA45-A572-4E06-B740-C4C96C60A01C.jpeg

got some new shoes.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,637 Posts
My new master came with a normal sized reservoir, so I decided to try my hand at cleaning the massive f-superduty reservoir. Got it clean enough, and have had it soaking overnight. Its about twice the size of a normal reservoir.
Well the rear port on my new 1.25" master was too small for the 1.3125" reservoir. All that for nothing. Oh well. Got the master bench bled and bolted onto the booster.

Gotta go get more brake fluid and swap wheel cylinders, then i get to try out the new Motive Products Power Bleeder.

20210718_105359.jpg

·
Registered
615 Posts
So I drove the Bronco for a while today. I got a few drivability issues I'm facing. The steering wheel is misaligned by about 45 degrees, the truck pulls hard left when I brake and the steering wheel has about 2 inches of play.
The braking problem which may be an alignment problem? happened before and after I got new front brake pads and calipers and new rear brake cylinders, shoes and hardware.
Any insight would be gladly appreciated!
Also I'm drained. Dead. Kaput. Elsa should be flying above us soon here on Long Island.
Mine did that after new front brakes. Replaced the lines and all works perfectly..

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,753 Posts
Struck out at the yard today - no injectors of the correct size and plug to be found. Apparently the 460s get yanked pretty quickly and the 5.4L injectors have the wrong plug on them. A local guy said he may have a couple in his shop from a 460 that he pulled a while back. I am now planning on biting the bullet and getting a set of Ford Racing injectors and plug adapters.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,637 Posts
Broke a damn spring on the drum brakes while putting in new wheel cylinders. Auto parts store is 25 minutes away, and id just gotten back from there! Sonofamothercrapstick!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got the old gir in gararge finally pulled a/c compressor off took all linrd loose pulled all o-rings flushed sytem and got a good bath. Inalled new compressor o-rigrd all lines new dryer even instslling shortehed belt (smog pump was locked up and it fell off) so new shortehed belt. Got vacumn pump out so sucked iy down see how it holds overnite. Changed oil using Purple power and filter. found the seats I wanted ywo buckets crnter console and back seat going to recover inoak tree material, then on to shocks this bull bounces after stopping a copule minutes supossed to be guad shock I am lucki I have 1 in ea position all leaking, whats best shocks to put on there are so many🥵
Didn't even look at typing had just put in a 12 hour day and was surfing site the typing was absolutely terrible sorry

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Added about what…20 hp? Lol
Minimum put some racing stripes on it and it adds about another 50 hp, flame job nets you a Benjamin!!

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,685 Posts
Struck out at the yard today - no injectors of the correct size and plug to be found. Apparently the 460s get yanked pretty quickly and the 5.4L injectors have the wrong plug on them. A local guy said he may have a couple in his shop from a 460 that he pulled a while back. I am now planning on biting the bullet and getting a set of Ford Racing injectors and plug adapters.

Those plug adapters made me nervous.

I was able to double stack a sale and coupon from Advance Auto and purchased a set of #24 Accel injectors for ~$275. They not only had the correct connectors, I liked the metal bodies...

·
The Tennessee Warden
4,753 Posts
Those plug adapters made me nervous.

I was able to double stack a sale and coupon from Advance Auto and purchased a set of #24 Accel injectors for ~$275. They not only had the correct connectors, I liked the metal bodies...

I’ll keep that in mind - thanks! I went by O’reilly’s for a single injector and they wanted $90 for one! I said no thanks lol.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,637 Posts
Added about what…20 hp? Lol
Is that BTO sticker for this year??

If those add 20HP, my toolbox and hardware cabinet are both putting out about 300 silent and fuel efficient HP. Lol

·
The Tennessee Warden
4,753 Posts
Is that BTO sticker for this year??

If those add 20HP, my toolbox and hardware cabinet are both putting out about 300 silent and fuel efficient HP. Lol
Lol! That BTO sticker is from 2 years ago. They’ll likely have a new one in this years “grab bag” they give everyone when you arrive. It has little stickers and other freebies like koozies from sponsors like JBG, Solo, Desolate, etc.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,637 Posts
Similar to the bronco safari then...

That reminds me, i need to call the campsite and add a parking spot for my trailer!

·
The Tennessee Warden
4,753 Posts
Similar to the bronco safari then...

That reminds me, i need to call the campsite and add a parking spot for my trailer!
Yeah good idea!

Well, I contacted the seller for the 24# injectors I bought a while back. They are sending me two replacements for the single bad one I have. I'll have a spare, which is a good thing. I'll throw it in a vacuum seal bag and in my travel tool bag. Hopefully, will be back up and running, without an injector trying to fill up a cylinder, today or tomorrow. Then...the tune.

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,685 Posts
Yeah good idea!

Well, I contacted the seller for the 24# injectors I bought a while back. They are sending me two replacements for the single bad one I have. I'll have a spare, which is a good thing. I'll throw it in a vacuum seal bag and in my travel tool bag. Hopefully, will be back up and running, without an injector trying to fill up a cylinder, today or tomorrow. Then...the tune.
That’s cool. Gotta like people that stand behind there stuff.

·
Registered
443 Posts
@MS88Bronc That sounds and looks like it is running MUCH better!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Popped the “mag” weights the tire guy put on my rims, he couldn’t figure out how to put a rim edge weight on! Let’s just say he don’t know much about tire weights! They were positioned so they hit the damn calipers on the front rims. If it feels like crap at 55 the local shop said they would rebalance for $20 You can clearly see where they were hitting.
7B2B901E-07C6-47CD-BB1B-932EED215F1F.jpeg

22221 - 22240 of 22281 Posts