Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22381 - 22400 of 22457 Posts

·
Registered
96 XLT, 5.8, E4OD, Auto 4x4, Mile Marker, 4in lift with 35's
131 Posts
After a clean up job and about a liter of sweat, got a headliner in the back! Little by little, trying to cut down the interior noise.

Before:

After:
I have the new materiel for my rear but has been too damn hot. How difficult was it getting the fiberglass board in and out, and did you scrap off the old foam?

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,921 Posts
I have the new materiel for my rear but has been too damn hot. How difficult was it getting the fiberglass board in and out, and did you scrap off the old foam?
I didn’t do any of that. I bought the whole thing locally and installed it - that’s it. Took me about 20 minutes, and I was soaked head to toe in sweat. Too damn hot/humid to be doing this [email protected]^%.

·
Registered
96 XLT, 5.8, E4OD, Auto 4x4, Mile Marker, 4in lift with 35's
131 Posts
Went the only jy that had a 96 Bronco in the Philly area and bought a newer looking gas tank with the whole fuel pump assembly. Figure I'll switch out the fuel pump with a new one and use my sending unit and float and should be good to go. Also got a great looking dash pad, and a pair of sun visors. This place also had the rear cargo cover but it was in tan but if cheap enough i'll buy it to resell.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,285 Posts
I drove it about 80 miles. Thought about running a mud pit, but I figured it being just it if layup maybe I should go easy.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,921 Posts
One more valve lash adjustment on the right bank to quiet down a little tapping. All good now. (y) Also swapped in a larger Mishimoto intercooler and hot/cold side aluminum pipes on my buddy’s 2.3 Ecoboost Mustang. No pics of that though.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
615 Posts
Had a sudden No Start but Crank situation. Had fuel but no ignition. Changed the coil but no change. Changed the TFI ignition module and it fired right up. I read the bolts to the TFI module were 5.5mm but mine were 7/32". Simple fix and now I am back on the road. I'll throw the extra coil in my box of extra parts.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,457 Posts
Took the steering wrap off my bull today to expose the steering wheel shape

Before
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Steering wheel

After
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel Wood Vehicle door

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
615 Posts
Brought my 86 into 21st century, new radio, speakers, sub, keyless, and the coolest thing is my backup camera mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get the backup display rearview mirror?

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
776 Posts
The mirror came from crutchfield, the camera was from Amazon. I think the mirror was around 150 and the camera was about 20.

I didn’t want the big screen in my dash that a lot of folks go for, I like the functionality of them but they just look out of place to me.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
The mirror came from crutchfield, the camera was from Amazon. I think the mirror was around 150 and the camera was about 20.

I didn’t want the big screen in my dash that a lot of folks go for, I like the functionality of them but they just look out of place to me.

I have a custom center console with a rear camera display but can't get used to looking down at the radio to back up. too many years looking at the rearview mirror to go in reverse for this old dog.

·
Registered
776 Posts
You can get cheaper mirrors, but what I liked about this one is that it was a real full function mirror and not a clip on job. Also it come from
Crutchfield so if I had any issues with install they will help you out. Plus had good reviews.
Just a warning though you will have to replace your mount on the glass, this one takes a bigger one which is included, used some permatex rear view mirror adhesive and so far so good.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Patched a little hole in my floorboard. It was more of a split than a hole, very small, figured fiberglass patch would be easy and effective. Didn’t feel like cutting and welding, this bronco has the factory undercoating that’s super thick on the bottom and I didn’t feel like smelling that mess. I’d rather smell fiberglass resin.

It’s ugly now but you won’t see it when I put some fresh sound deadened over it and the carpet back in place.

22381 - 22400 of 22457 Posts