Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22421 - 22440 of 22457 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,359 Posts
i may change it (for liek the 5th time now) but its acceptable for now.
I've had the exhaust on mine altered 3 times so far since I've owned my Bronco and it'll get done at least once more. Will I ever be happy? lol

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
776 Posts
Installed my new LED conversion kit

Got the kit “on sale” with an additional 20% off and it’s ok, but no real bargain after I got the kit and priced the items separately…I about broke even @ 125 bucks. But it’s way better than those old yellow halogens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Got a box of goodies in, I swapped out my cluster lights for some green dimmable LEDs, I can see them better but I’m not sure about the color yet.

They aren’t as bright as they look, my camera was on long exposure to capture light and I did t feel like fiddling with that.

Next I installed a little tiny pin LED under my radio to give a subtle shine on what will eventually be the console area. I wired it into the dash lights so it comes on at night.

It’s a bright little booger that’s for sure, probably going to hit it with a little piece of window tint to tone it down.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,258 Posts
Finally drove my arse (in TLW’s Corolla 38mpg average) to Reno to pick up my light bar that @NickOille sold me many moons ago and graciously held on to for me. For our 49th birthday vaca.
Wasn’t in the bronco but it was for the bronco.
Wood Gas Circle Motor vehicle Metal

·
Registered
86 BKO orig-5.0efi swap to 91 5.8efi w/AOD longtube w/2.5in to 3in hiflo cat 3in hp shorty flomaster
108 Posts
Got a box of goodies in, I swapped out my cluster lights for some green dimmable LEDs, I can see them better but I’m not sure about the color yet.

They aren’t as bright as they look, my camera was on long exposure to capture light and I did t feel like fiddling with that.

Next I installed a little tiny pin LED under my radio to give a subtle shine on what will eventually be the console area. I wired it into the dash lights so it comes on at night.

It’s a bright little booger that’s for sure, probably going to hit it with a little piece of window tint to tone it down.

Do you have a link for that pin light? Looks like a cool upgrade. Didn't know there were lights like that. 😶

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I either ruined my carpet, or I cleaned the $h*t out of it with my pressure washer and carpet cleaner

Before

After, drying…

Didn’t realize how faded it was until I got it out, nice and dark brown under where the back seat sits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No so much what I did to my Bronco Sport today but according to zainyz what I had done to it this week. Been working with a local detailer in Springfield IL to get any of the paint imperfections worked out of it, have a self-healing bra installed, and the whole thing ceramic coated. Came out great:

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
156 Posts
Put new tires on it (BFG KO2 31 x 10.5) The previous tires had a ton of tread, but they were from 2010. Just a bit of dry rot. Also, drove it more than 100 miles for the first time since purchasing earlier this year. The drivers side wind noise near the vent window has to get fixed soon. I can only turn the radio up so loud. Other than that, it did well. Cruised at 80 with zero issues. AC worked really good, etc.

·
Registered
776 Posts
That's your reverse sun-tan. ;)
Update on this, after drying in the sun for 2 days it looks better, it smells better, but of course its still multi colored from the sun so i think im going to try and dye it with some RIT in a spray bottle. I learn things because my motto has always been "you can't break broke" I'll update with results.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
490 Posts
Started taking apart my seats so I can swap my tan covers onto the non-broken red seat. I picked up hog rings and pliers but it looks like it's going to be quite a bit more work than I expected.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,075 Posts
Turkey carving knife in your future?

Reactions: cwegga

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
490 Posts
I'm out of time for swapping seats right now. I am to the point of drilling and dremelling out stuck screws etc. To get my rig up and working until I get that stuff done I just stuffed the red passenger seat in. My Bronco is my daily/only car, so if I need to drive places while wifey is at work, it's tough with no seat.

At least it's driveable. I had to cover up the horrifying unmatchiness with my previous pink and camo seat cover so it will actually look pretty much the same now.

And I had some help for the tightening up the nut underneath where some PO broke the built in mounting spot and replaced it with a washer and locknut.

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,820 Posts
Got the rig back from the gear shop. Running better now. Still think I have some issue. Or, maybe just an old ass motor. I programmed the PSOM to match up with my tires and new gears. I tested my fuel pressure for giggles, 31 at idle, I think 40 when I release the vacuum hose on pressure regulator. I may check my timing , tps, just because I don't know what else the PO did to this rig.

OH wait!!! Yeah I do know!!!! My rear springs/block lift were a mess. The PO decided not to put the perch angles back in and just threw some shitty aluminum shim in there to get the pinion angle I assume. I went to fix the leaves a little bit, so I could get it to the gear shop and Low and behold what do I find? WHEEL SPACERS... Uggghhghghhg... Good grief. So after getting the rig back from the gear shop, off to get new wheels put on. That have an offset so I can ditch the spacers. I don't do spacers. Heard too many horror stories. Got the same Pro Comp wheels I had on my white 92. Diggin the look.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Before

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

After..

Much happier with the look.

Now, off to fix other crap I am finding on the rig. Aside from removing the add a leaf in the rear , to lose the higher rear affect, all the heavy lifting is done, I hope...

Onto the next adventure that will happen this weekend.

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
156 Posts
After dealing with my rough feeling steering wheel for months, I finally talked my wife into installing my new wheelskin. I do not have the patience to "sew". My steering wheel was showing its age. It was loose, faded and rough. It has been an OK temperature here in the Dallas area as of late, so she was willing to do it. Granted, I now owe her redoing the laundry room as a result. But, it is installed and looks / feels much better. I got a quote on having the existing steering wheel refurbished from Craft Customs, who is a local company. They quoted me $400+. That entailed me removing the steering wheel, airbag, taking it to them, etc. So, for $60 I figured I would give this a try. It turned out pretty good. If I was going a full concours still restoration, I would have had Craft do it. But, as this is a daily driver, I opted not to.

Attachments

22421 - 22440 of 22457 Posts