Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22541 - 22558 of 22558 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,318 Posts
Wait I thought all Ford trucks had sloppy steering gears?! Or is it just mine?!

Reactions: MS88Bronc

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,976 Posts
NOT taking that bet. ;)
Haha don't blame you! By the way, love the sig quote! Killer song and album!
"We want information, information, information."
"Who are you?"
"The new number two."
"Who is number one?"
"You are number six."
"I am not a number - I am a free man!"
"ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
🤘😈🤘

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,199 Posts
Was jammin' out the other day and that song and line seemed very relevant to today's environment. ;)

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
178 Posts
Noticed my dash trim was rattling and driving me crazy. My previous fix did not hold that long. All but one tab is broken on it. So, 3M molding tape to the rescue. Also trimmed my antenna by 3 inches as it would hit the garage door going in and out of the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
959 Posts
Ordered some new shoes for my ride! With all the supply interruptions and whatnot figured I’d better jump on these before they go up.

They might not be the best tires out there but they will suit my needs especially at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
959 Posts
Not what I did to my bronco today…but rather what my spare tire did to itself…it exploded, just sitting there in the sun. I heard it but didn’t see it till later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 custom 351W Manual 4spd 83 XLT 302 manual 3spd OD
130 Posts
After a ton of work on the motor/driver train getting my 81 road worthy i gave her a good test this morning. Drove her to work (50mi), and she performed like a champ. Been driving her everyday after work in the country, but today was her longest sustained drive. Couldn't be more pleased, the confidence level just went up a couple of notches that she is getting closer to trail riding in the Georgia mtns. baby steps, baby steps.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,387 Posts
Spent 2.5 hrs working on it on a side street, after a good young man towed me there from the main street in morning traffic. Section of road just prior is like riding on the moon. One good smack and lost all power... on a curved hill no less.
Break out the meter & start at the battery. Went to unplug the main lead into the cab and saw where on the other side of the plug, 6" down right before it goes into the loom, got under the edge of the battery tray, wore thru the shielding and ground out. After several points with the meter, figured it was a bad factory splice. I bypassed it, as it split 3 ways after it. I left the ignition running thru it first, and had power at the key but no lights and half the fuses. Took the other 2 wires one at a time and reconnected. Everything back in order and drove the 1.5 miles home. Gotta get those respliced correctly this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,827 Posts
Tore into my my cluster/dash/HVAC and started tackling some issues. One, the POS alarm system and two? I found out what was blocking my glove box from opening more conveniently. There was some sort of old phone box unit in there. lol. Guess that was what the antenna plastered on the side of the rig was for.

Gotta love this professional splicing and wiring for the alarm. FFS.

Green Light Electrical wiring Line Cable

Also took out some crappy air vents and will replace them with some I got from the yard. Gotta fix the bezel now as well. It was all lose and missing plastic. Great fix for those on Youtube.

Also took out the mechanical temp gauge that was half assed hooked up. I don't understand how the truck would like this, considering I thought the PCM runs a lot of crap through it. The Temp sensor is through the PCM, but, the sending unit wasn't , not with this aftermarket temp gauge. It wasn't powered up. Not sure if that matters. I'd rather have the idiot gauge in the dash...

Last , but not least. Gotta figure out why I have no heat coming out of vents. I also need to hit the yard and find a new heater cable holder. I guess that's what it is. Clips into the plastic box behind the glove box. Or, did, I broke mine. It was white with a piece of red plastic inside that wasn't lined up flush like I have seen on videos on Youtube. Love youtube.

Possibly finding a clip or whole cable will fix my heat issue? Meh, not betting on that.

Oh, the carnage. Everybody likes carnage, and pics. heehhe

Art Electrical wiring Font Wire Electrical supply

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,976 Posts
Picked up some parts from JBG this afternoon - two rear fender patch panels, pass side floor panel, new front wheel bearings, and a new filler hose for the gas tank. Also, the Moog CC820 coils showed up yesterday. If it ever stops raining, I’ll get some work done!

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L
59 Posts
New WeatherTech cargo area liner. I had to trim to fit around the interior spare, but careful eyeballing yielded very good results.

I also went after my wheels with metal polish. I only buffed by hand but wow, what a difference. I wish I had a picture of "before."

Automotive tire Blue Hood Tire Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Are the center inserts something I can possibly find for my rear hubs?

Also polished front and rear bumpers with metal polish.

Reactions: cwegga

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
178 Posts
New WeatherTech cargo area liner. I had to trim to fit around the interior spare, but careful eyeballing yielded very good results.

I also went after my wheels with metal polish. I only buffed by hand but wow, what a difference. I wish I had a picture of "before."

View attachment 186447 View attachment 186448 View attachment 186449

Are the center inserts something I can possibly find for my rear hubs?

Also polished front and rear bumpers with metal polish.
I just purchased the tan cargo liner for mine a few weeks ago. I really like it. I had just installed new carpet, so I was eager to get it as to not ugly up the carpet.

Not sure about the inserts by themselves but you can pick up the center caps for around $50 for all 4 on Amazon.

·
Registered
96 XLT, 5.8, E4OD, Auto 4x4, Mile Marker, 4in lift with 35's
133 Posts
I've seen the inserts on ebay in red and black for under $10.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
After several month of beating my head against a brick wall I finally made a huge mile stone. My idle has been hanging up at about 2500-3000 RPMs and for the past 2 years my heater hasn’t worked. Found the fix to both issues… I had two vacuum lines on wrong… now it idles at 900 rpm without any snags, and the heater blend doors work again.

Next up get my radios installed.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L
59 Posts
After several month of beating my head against a brick wall I finally made a huge mile stone. My idle has been hanging up at about 2500-3000 RPMs and for the past 2 years my heater hasn’t worked. Found the fix to both issues… I had two vacuum lines on wrong… now it idles at 900 rpm without any snags, and the heater blend doors work again.

Next up get my radios installed.
900 is still a little high. I think they're supposed to be 700-750, at least for the 5.8L. I'm not sure which engine you have.

When mine had its idle air control valve fail it started idling at 1500-1800 and throwing codes that put it into limp mode; super firm shifts, plus erratic idling even descending hills with no throttle. Replacing the IAC brought it down to around 800-900. Still got some codes, and replacing the MAP took idle down to 700ish.

But going from 2500-3000 to 900 must feel amazing. You're definitely back into the ballpark.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
900 is still a little high. I think they're supposed to be 700-750, at least for the 5.8L. I'm not sure which engine you have.

When mine had its idle air control valve fail it started idling at 1500-1800 and throwing codes that put it into limp mode; super firm shifts, plus erratic idling even descending hills with no throttle. Replacing the IAC brought it down to around 800-900. Still got some codes, and replacing the MAP took idle down to 700ish.

But going from 2500-3000 to 900 must feel amazing. You're definitely back into the ballpark.
I know it’s a little high… it needs to be retimed… I set the timing high to have it idle without the IAC connected, because that was the only way it would run once warmed up.

also i have a standard transmission, not automatic so I want it a little higher.

22541 - 22558 of 22558 Posts