Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22641 - 22660 of 22685 Posts

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
678 Posts
"my degree of 'hard' is going to be different than his degree of 'hard'" - Hey now!!!

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
678 Posts
Slopped on a Rondo coat

Gas Wood Composite material Rectangle Metal
Wood Gas Composite material Machine Engineering

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,111 Posts
Just ordered more parts. Hydroboost brake kit from bronco graveyard and heavy duty rear axles.

Reactions: TheWolf

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
5,110 Posts
Just secured a set of Duff upper double shock towers from the same guy who’s selling me the Dana 44 straight axle. Like these:

Now to find some upper coil towers and lower buckets. I’d rather not pay the new price, since I’ll have to shell out for the Duff long arm kit. Lol

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Ordered a JBL DSP/ 8 channel Amp so I can run a center channel in the dash console. I'm getting anxious.

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,111 Posts
Bought a spare shortblock 🙃

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,111 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
5,110 Posts
Eh I'll spoil it. I was going to do it, backed off it. Now I'm going to do it again.

View attachment 187848
Nice. (Y) I just fell a$$ backwards into a D44 straight axle and heim steering setup recently. Wasn’t expecting it, and had no real plans on a SAS, but, hey…carpe opportunity. Don’t have it in hand yet, but should have it in my garage by the end of the year.

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
1,130 Posts
Slipped into the shop for a few minutes and installed my torsion rod in my tailgate

Got back in after a trip to town and finished putting all the guts back in my tailgate. Opens and closes, window goes up and down now if I can just find that dang little clip that holds the switch to the key cylinder…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,379 Posts
One of my fav updates. It's just a repeating joy closing the tailgate after a few years of hoisting it back up with a broken rod.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Started some speak pods for the rear cabin to replace the 6x8s and did some more fabrication on the dash console.
Automotive tire Road surface Carbon Audio equipment Gas

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L
80 Posts
In the past week or two:

• Replaced the oil sensor sending unit. Wow that thing was hard to reach. It shouldn't be, it just was hard to get my hand into the appropriate contortion even to get it started into the threads, and to re-attach the wire.
  • Replaced the cracking rear differential vent hose.
  • Changed the oil myself. This is the first time I've done this. It took 30 minutes. I used 5w30 Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, and a Fram Ultra Synthetic filter. The total cost worked out to half what I would pay for a synthetic oil change using some lube shop's cheap-o filter and un-branded synthetic.
  • Winter is coming so I put a 30' Harbor Freight tow strap and D-ring class-III hitch insert into the receiver. I've never had to be pulled back onto a road, but I've used this sort of setup to assist others in the past. I live near the mountains; four ski resorts within 18 miles. Nearest is 8 miles away. So being prepared for snow is useful. Also an ice scraper / brush, a blanket, some water and nutrition bars.... the "winter safety" kit.
  • Replaced tail light bulbs and cleaned the lenses on the inside. The old bulbs weren't burned out, but I had to get into the assemblies anyway to diagnose another problem so while I was in there I replaced and cleaned. My backup lights actually help me see in back now. :)
  • Replaced the old ratty interior spare tire cover with a new one from ETrailer. It's an RV style cover; open at the bottom, which is perfect for inside the cargo area.
TODO: Still need to figure out why the right turn signal causes the torque converter lockup to disengage. I feel like I've been over all the wiring between the rear end and the junction near the driver door.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Yesterday, I found out that even with a Topside Creeper I couldn't reach the bolts that hold the throttle cable bracket to the firewall, I gave up.
I shot some Kroil all over the throttle shaft, the springs, the curved linkage piece, and everywhere else I could. Before that, after I got the cover off the throttle body, I tried to get it to stick again, and couldn't. There was no foreign crap under the throttle cover, so I don't know what might've caused it.
My plan is to floor the pedal every time before I start it, and see if I can get it to stick again (I left the throttle body cover off so I can maybe tell whether the sticking is caused by the throttle body or one of the cables (Speed control cable or throttle cable)).

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
1,130 Posts
Finished tidying up the insides of my tailgate, when I got this from the PO the wiring was all
Jacked up and I had no reference for how the wiring ran aside from the pics I saw on here.
Anyway after some splicing and zip ties I finally got it all working and out of harms way to only realize I have it wired up backwards , oh well not big deal I’ll fix it another day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Slipped into the shop for a few minutes and installed my torsion rod in my tailgate

Got back in after a trip to town and finished putting all the guts back in my tailgate. Opens and closes, window goes up and down now if I can just find that dang little clip that holds the switch to the key cylinder…

Yo Robbz28 - where did you get that torsion rod - I am in need of a new one!!! _ cheers!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,379 Posts
LMC or Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. With all the shipping issues of late... I'd make a call to be sure you have a realistic delivery expectation.

I brushed the snow off of my '95... again.

Reactions: cwegga
22641 - 22660 of 22685 Posts