Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22661 - 22680 of 22685 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L
80 Posts
Replaced the oil pressure sensor. Ok, I had to let a shop do it for me, because I just couldn't get my hand into the right contortion. While they were at it they tested my pressure for me and it checked out fine both at idle and at higher RPMs.

Hard to imagine why Ford would give us a gauge that always sits at 2/3rds connected to a sensor that essentially senses yes or no for oil pressure.

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,111 Posts
Got my alignment dialed in and had a redhead steering box put on. Apparently it's a huge difference

·
Registered
219 Posts
In the past week or two:

• Replaced the oil sensor sending unit. Wow that thing was hard to reach. It shouldn't be, it just was hard to get my hand into the appropriate contortion even to get it started into the threads, and to re-attach the wire.
  • Replaced the cracking rear differential vent hose.
  • Changed the oil myself. This is the first time I've done this. It took 30 minutes. I used 5w30 Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, and a Fram Ultra Synthetic filter. The total cost worked out to half what I would pay for a synthetic oil change using some lube shop's cheap-o filter and un-branded synthetic.
  • Winter is coming so I put a 30' Harbor Freight tow strap and D-ring class-III hitch insert into the receiver. I've never had to be pulled back onto a road, but I've used this sort of setup to assist others in the past. I live near the mountains; four ski resorts within 18 miles. Nearest is 8 miles away. So being prepared for snow is useful. Also an ice scraper / brush, a blanket, some water and nutrition bars.... the "winter safety" kit.
  • Replaced tail light bulbs and cleaned the lenses on the inside. The old bulbs weren't burned out, but I had to get into the assemblies anyway to diagnose another problem so while I was in there I replaced and cleaned. My backup lights actually help me see in back now. :)
  • Replaced the old ratty interior spare tire cover with a new one from ETrailer. It's an RV style cover; open at the bottom, which is perfect for inside the cargo area.
TODO: Still need to figure out why the right turn signal causes the torque converter lockup to disengage. I feel like I've been over all the wiring between the rear end and the junction near the driver door.
I did an oil sending unit swap on my 92 in the parking lot of the KOA in Buffalo WY a couple of years ago while it was snowing and cold. What a bitch that was. We were slowly making our way back to WI from Bronco Safari.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
678 Posts
Started mocking up my center console to work out switch panel locations, amp rack, accessories and of course cup holders. Still thinking through wire management for the dash console and a permanent mounting solution.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

Reactions: aintskeerd

·
Joisey don't smell funny
78 Bronco Custom, 460/ZF5, Sniper upgrade, 3G, dual batt
1,423 Posts
Had a pair of 6" led lights I had mounted under the front bumper a couple weeks ago, finally got around to wiring them up yesterday. Spot/flood combo. Spot runs on the headlights when low beam is on, flood runs on the hi beam side. Each one is fired with a relay off the aux battery. I can disable them altogether being grounded thru a switch in the cab. Took it for a ride a bit ago while it was still dark. The lo beam assistance is great.
Then got the GPS tracker fired up & hidden today. Some shady characters stop & ask if I want to sell it. Even had someone leave a note under the wiper awhile back. It will send an alert to my phone if it moves outside the geofence. Have an alarm system coming today, mainly for shock sensor & dome light activity. Then I'll feel reasonably comfortable.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8 lt.
61 Posts
Tried several times to locate the valet toggle switch on my VIPER 500 ESP vintage alarm so I can program a an extra fob to no avail, any thoughts anyone?

·
Man of endless projects
9,875 Posts
drove my 96 around alittle trying to get it tuned. came to the conclusion there is no way i will ever have it tuned half decently using its stock EFI with a tuner. it just is too limiting. so i took the plunge and ordered a Megasquirt3+MS3X and three Microsquirts. The MegaSquirt is going to replace the EFI for the engine and a MicroSquirt will control the transmission. The other 2 Microsquirts will be for my 88 mud truck for engine and transmission.

the MegaSquirt3+MS3X is required to have sequential fuel injection. I figuered on the 96 it would be nice to have that despite costing more than double more. the mud truck i feel will be fine with batch fire injection

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
678 Posts
Flipped my AC controls so I can mount a double din NAVi head unit in my 91 Bronco. I think I am going a new direction with my dash console build.
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Reactions: aintskeerd

·
Registered
96 XLT, 5.8, E4OD, Auto 4x4, Mile Marker, 4in lift with 35's
143 Posts
Picked up from a guy on market place a late 80's tailgate for parts. This guy paid $80.00 for it and only took out the key cylinder. It's rusted out at the bottom but has all the guts still in it and they work including the safety switch and spare tire latch which are still intact. He just wanted it gone.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
painted the replacement saginaw dark ford blue, and the pulley ford semi gloss black. tomorrow I'll put the bracket and pulley on, maybe thursday I can get it mounted, do the test drive this weekend and be back on the road finally.

·
Man of endless projects
9,875 Posts
did a little diagnosing of why my 96 wont go over 2k rpm. thought it was a tuning issue but found out that the PCM was bad. it will not detect MAF signal over 1.7v when its range is 0-5v. on 2 different MAFs it maxed out at the same point

really getting sick of these Cardone remaned PCMs. they just do not last. glad im going to MegaSquirt soon

EDIT: speaking of the devil, i just got my Megasquirt and 3 Microsquirts today for my 96 and my 88. guess ill be working on installing them this weekend. too bad i just ordered a new PCM, i wasnt suppose to get these untill the 17th

Data transfer cable Adapter Usb cable Gadget Adapter

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Made some progress on my console today. I think I am finally getting to where I need things to be.
I can't wait to finish up the fabrication so I can move on to the electronics. I miss not have tunes.
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Car Trunk

Reactions: MS88Bronc

·
Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
488 Posts
Painted my old hardtop white to match a few months back. Put it on to gear up for winter. Looks so nice!
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Window

22661 - 22680 of 22685 Posts