Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,148 Posts
Took it out for one last city adventure before leaving back to Seattle
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
38 Posts
Installed a remote oil filter kit, a transmission cooler with fan, and a ignition on fuse block in engine bay. The PO had removed the factory cooler after the radiator and just put in a hose connecting the lines.
Forgot about installing a bracket to the passenger side dash to fix the broken mount.

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,855 Posts
Hard to think snow when we're going to be in the 70's for New Years.... :-(
70's?!? WTF? We hit -1.6f last night. My rigs have been plugged in for the last week.
Yep... this time of year we should be 30-40 degrees lower. Unusual even for our 12 seasons:

Currently 63° outside. High of 70° was at 2:00 AM this morning, and...

checks weather app:

Yep, they're calling for 9" of snow here tomorrow. LOL.

Tightening the tin foil hat while waiting for locust, because this is bat poop cRaZy!

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,459 Posts
Damn dude that’s like the total opposite of global warming!?!?!?!?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,482 Posts
mother nature don't take kindly to us peons crackin' on 'er.
best be knockin' on some wood the next time you wanna go braggin' about yer purdy weather. ;) 🤣

I'll probably be plowin' all day tomorrow, fwiw. we're finally getting up over the teens and expecting somewhere between 5" - 14".
maybe it'll chase off the noobs.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The world is in Bizzaro mode

I made camping plans for Friday and Saturday night to celebrate new years in the woods. Packed up the Bronco and drove 200 miles south to here.

On Friday night it was in the lower 70's at night. Way to hot for a tent … so I busted out my hammock. It was too hot to cover up ….. so I stripped down to my shorts and crashed after drinking myself stupid.

Woke up in the morning covered with mosquito bites. How in the hell are there mosquitos still alive in January? I didn't even pack in bug spray.

·
38,482 Posts
can you hear the fuel pump prime?

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,838 Posts
Finally got the rig out in the dirt. Nothing major. A couple of bunny slopes to test the 4WD. But, after 8 years or so of no offroading, I am not ashamed to say I was a little nervous. It was fun. I do miss it.

·
38,482 Posts
did some doughnuts while moving it from place to place while I plowed all day. slipped in and out of 4x very smoothly. couldn't help but check the new hubs out. wondering if I'll spend tomorrow doing it again.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
5,221 Posts
I’ve been gathering parts and tools for my SAS project lately. I’m trying to get all the things I need in advance of starting any tear down. Gotta love when a new project gives you an excuse to buy more tools!

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
722 Posts
I’ve been gathering parts and tools for my SAS project lately. I’m trying to get all the things I need in advance of starting any tear down. Gotta love when a new project gives you an excuse to buy more tools!

Gotta LOVE the smell of new tools!

Reactions: MS88Bronc

·
Joisey don't smell funny
78 Bronco Custom, 460/ZF5, Sniper upgrade, 3G, dual batt
1,447 Posts
Nothing. I picked up the filter & oil to do a change yesterday, but it's gonna be colder than my ex's heart for the foreseeable days off I have coming up, or rainy, or snowy, or any combo thereof. I refuse to give jiffypoop 80 greens to do it, not knowing what filters they use 'n such.
Speaking of oil, this engine has about 5k miles on it now on conventional 10W40. Would it be ok to swap to synthetic? 10W30? Stock 460 btw.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
506 Posts
Well, it's definitely not a full size, but I got some new tools and was able to mount up tires on my freshly painted wheels for my rock crawler.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
1992 Eb Bronco 3” lift on 33’s
37 Posts
Had a new exhaust system welded up,Installed a new coil, and scratched my head at how i am going to get my new trans that was just replaced under warranty to stop leaking fluid everywhere.( company quit responding)Then just added a qt and went hunting. Shot a nice little 30 lbs pig to put in the freezer.

·
Registered
1984 Bronco
27 Posts
Preparing an order for wiper switch, heater core, and door strikers.

Need to do oil change and TC fluid change. Also recheck the timing… buy a timing light.

·
38,482 Posts
Moved the '95 around some yesterday and today. After nearly 3 ft. of snow falling over the last few weeks and plowing my ass off, then 40 deg. rains yesterday and 12 deg. freeze last night, I had to get out and roof rake off the backyard rigs before some real damage happened; (right to left) '92 Yota, '78 FSB, '79 parts FSB & the '77 F150 I traded to a buddy for the '48 8N Ford Tractor on the end. Tried to get up and shovel the roof of the house but after slipping and falling too many times to count (thank god I brought a tie-off rope) and only getting about 1/2 of it taken care of, I had to give up. I'm gettin' too old and gimpy for this shit.

View from my wheelchair, out the back door. Amazing how much melted yesterday.
Sky Tire Snow Automotive tire Slope

Another shot out the side window, where we park...
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,235 Posts
Nice lookin' place and stable @BikerPepe`, but I can't imagine putting up with that much snow on a regular basis.

Drove mine about an hour away to check out a property.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Man of endless projects
9,969 Posts
Installed a Bluetop 2-bolt steering gearbox on my 96 to replace my old leaking '4-bolt Superduty' gearbox. also replaced the pressure and return lines. wow what a difference the gearbox made. its almost too good now because there is soo little slop i can feel how bad my wheels, tires, and alignment are on the truck and its not pleasant. when i do my SAS with new wheels n tires it will be very nice however. defiantly recommend it over doing the junkyard 4-bolt box. i already installed a Borgeson shaft few weeks previously

received some parts from Ruffstuff for my SAS and placed an order from James Duff for more parts. slowly gathering parts for my D60 swap

if you do not have them, you will probably need a pair of 'setup bearings'. D44 shim backlash between carrier n bearing so to set backlash you will have to take those bearings on and off abunch. the pinion is shimmed under the race so it does not need one. even tho people tend to use the old bearings, i never recommend that because if there is wear, it will throw off measurements from new bearings are installed

i need to order everything to regear + locker two Dana60 and a 10.5" axle soon

·
38,482 Posts
Nice lookin' place and stable @BikerPepe`, but I can't imagine putting up with that much snow on a regular basis.

Drove mine about an hour away to check out a property.
View attachment 189739
Both views are neighbors pads on either side... but our rigs pictured from inside lookin' out. Jacked up my hip slippin' around out there this afternoon. This "gettin' old" shit is for the birds. That's a wild lookin' little piece of terrain you got there. Hunting camp or rural homestead? Rigs lookin' fantastic, btw.

22741 - 22760 of 22788 Posts