Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22761 - 22780 of 22788 Posts

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,235 Posts
Both views are neighbors pads on either side... but our rigs pictured from inside lookin' out. Jacked up my hip slippin' around out there this afternoon. This "gettin' old" shit is for the birds. That's a wild lookin' little piece of terrain you got there. Hunting camp or rural homestead? Rigs lookin' fantastic, btw.
Thanks bud. I hear ya on gettin' old, it's not for the faint of heart. I'm thankful to still be in pretty good health, but I know that can change quickly. Hope your hip's better soon.

That's not my property, it ended up being a hillside with some not bad woods. Just started looking to invest what Dad left me in some acreage for hunting/camping/shooting/wheeling/place to go if things go bad that could be built on in the future. Prices within an hour are too high though.

If anyone knows of something available within an hour or so from Hamilton, OH, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
722 Posts
Did a little body work.
Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
5,221 Posts
if you do not have them, you will probably need a pair of 'setup bearings'. D44 shim backlash between carrier n bearing so to set backlash you will have to take those bearings on and off abunch. the pinion is shimmed under the race so it does not need one. even tho people tend to use the old bearings, i never recommend that because if there is wear, it will throw off measurements from new bearings are installed
I considered this - The bearings in my current TTB D44 were installed about 30k miles ago, and that's total miles. I'd think that of that 30k miles, VERY FEW miles are actually clocked with the front diff in operation, so I'll plan on using the old bearings as setups. Hell, I could probably reuse them since they have so few miles on them. I'll get a look at them when I get it pulled. If the races have any visible wear or pitting, I'll toss them and get some more to use as setups. (y)

·
Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
524 Posts
My borgenson steering shaft arrived the other day (980), now I'm waiting for a weekend that isn't freezing ass cold to do the work. Might be waiting until spring...

·
Registered
54 Posts
BG received a stock of OEM dash pads that have been on back order forever! Finally pulled the trigger on it. Going to rework the A/C/heater vents in the dash while I'm in there. Pretty sure most of my air just escapes behind the dash as there is nothing left of the vent tubes. Also requested some OEM cloth samples from SMS so I can start gathering the material to redo the front seats. Can't wait to see the interior come together!

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
5,221 Posts
Got a pair of 1/2 ton 76-79 spindles for the D44. They were a little grimy and dirty, but they were also cheap. They cleaned up pretty well though. Cleaned out the interior and ordered a set of new spindle bearings from Rock Auto.

Edit: I’m sending these back to the guy that sent them to me and getting my money back. One spindle has galled threads and is MISSING the outermost 1/4” of threads! Wtf! Screw it - I’m gonna get new ones from JBG.

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,855 Posts
Recently upgraded mobile phones, but the Proclip mount I’ve used for several years was too narrow and they don’t make them anymore for the USB to Lightening cable the Pioneer head unit requires...

Disassembled the mount, judiciously applied a Dremel tool to tweak the internal stops and Bob’s your uncle... works perfectly fine all over again!

Love it when things work out that way and I can get away with being a cheapskate.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Took pics of the damage. A neighbor hit it :(

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
96 XLT, 5.8, E4OD, Auto 4x4, Mile Marker, 4in lift with 35's
153 Posts
Had to air up all the tires today due to a 10 degree night last night and dig a screw out of the right front tire and plug it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Ouch. That blows.
Yeah, I'm kind of numb with my brother in the hospital so my reaction is like what next, when it rains it pours.

Reactions: thedeuce01

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
722 Posts
Reactions: N2 Bronco's

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
208 Posts
Yeah, I'm kind of numb with my brother in the hospital so my reaction is like what next, when it rains it pours.
I am curious if something so minor will deem it a total loss in the eyes of the insurance, if you go that route. Given that most insurance companies have the value of these OSB's at 5K or so, it wouldn't take much to get to the magic number per their horrible formula.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
78 Bronco Custom, 460/ZF5, Sniper upgrade, 3G, dual batt
1,447 Posts
Changed the oil & filter today. However, upon opening the hood to get started on it, I see the air cleaner & throttle body for the Sniper are "leaning" towards the passenger side. F**K! I crawl under to find that side motor mount rubber is squishing out at the bottom, and has a tear started near the top. I'm at my storage facility so I could jump start the Firebird & do the oil on the truck so my apartment manager doesn't get pissy. Break out the floor jack and an oak board, break the center bolts loose & jack up the motor a bit. The rubber retracts back to position telling me it hasn't torn most of the way yet. To get me home... zip ties. Put several around the rubber and clenched the cheeks 5 miles home. Crawled under at home, rubber still in place. Now to L&L, believe I saw 460 swap mounts on their website. If anyone knows of a good set somewhere, please let me know.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yeah I am hoping the ins does not try to total it.

22761 - 22780 of 22788 Posts