Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
22801 - 22820 of 23262 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD, 31x10.5R15 BF Goodrich A/T on OEM Rims, Rust Resto w/Custom Suspension
287 Posts
Got him back from the shop where he had the rot behind the front seats and the driver's side threshold repaired. Finally, no interior holes and ready for new carpet!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread Automotive design

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dropped gas tank. Solo man operation so used some all thread to let it down. Slow, but effective.

Will be looking at how to retrofit an ‘80-86 sending unit to my EFI pump module. Ford decided to swap the ohms-to-level relationship around ‘87. Internet says a newer sending unit will show a full tank as half full on the gauge and an empty tank as full on the gauge. I’m not smart enough to keep up with that, so retrofit it we shall try.

Plumbing fixture Tap Wood Automotive exterior Sink

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,868 Posts
Dropped gas tank. Solo man operation so used some all thread to let it down. Slow, but effective.

Will be looking at how to retrofit an ‘80-86 sending unit to my EFI pump module. Ford decided to swap the ohms-to-level relationship around ‘87. Internet says a newer sending unit will show a full tank as half full on the gauge and an empty tank as full on the gauge. I’m not smart enough to keep up with that, so retrofit it we shall try.

View attachment 190653
View attachment 190655

That's a neat way of doing that, would have never thought of that. I dropped mine and let the filler hose hold the driver side as I let the passenger side down by hand until it hit the ground.

Was there any significant amount of fuel in it before you dropped the tank? Mine was empty, so I wasn't too worried about the weight when I was laying under it.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That's a neat way of doing that, would have never thought of that. I dropped mine and let the filler hose hold the driver side as I let the passenger side down by hand until it hit the ground.

Was there any significant amount of fuel in it before you dropped the tank? Mine was empty, so I wasn't too worried about the weight when I was laying under it.
I ran the truck till it said E but I’d imagine there’s 3-4 gallons in there based on a quick peek into the nozzle. Wasn’t heavy, but was reluctant to try a jack and risk losing balance. As I got some separation of skid plate to mounting beam I was able to push up the tank a corner at a time and run the nut down by hand an inch or two. Helped expedite the process, but still had to put the ratcheting wrench on the nuts many times.

I used 3/8” all thread, 18” long. Length was perfect to allow tank to get within a 2x4 of the floor and still leave enough clearance between allthread and body to lift them out of the skid plate. Double-nutted up top to keep the allthread from walking out the nut.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
778 Posts
These 35’s are looking like 33’s.

Attachments

Reactions: packagerjr

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
778 Posts
Time for some 37's. :D
Yeah, probably, except that would end up being a $5000-$6000 grand tire change once I rear gear it. But it might look best. hmmm. I'll see how bad Brandon Effs me on taxes this year. Although I am not sure my TTB and Ball joints will like 37s.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22,810 ·
Pressure washed the bay in preparation for engine install and lift.

Towed Bronco out of garage using a tractor. Pushed Bronco back into garage using tractor. Wife steered and braked the Bronco. Said it’s the most ******* thing she’s ever done.

View attachment 190411
Looks clean. I am planning on pulling the motor out of mine sometime this year. Just haven't decided if I am going to just freshen it up, or do a full build.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Yo,
My #3 son-in-law and I were discussing my worry over some rear sill deterioration. I brought it up when informing my much-better-half and #3 daughter to be careful when dropping the tailgate to access cargo.
He got in and took the 96 to his uncle who was a Ford dealership body work foreman. Uncle Manny found just a small rusted section and said he would clean it up and repair with a "patch" in springtime.
That took the issue off my mind!
Will worry about another 96 or home issue when it pops up.
BTW, I was born to worry, just like;
Forehead Nose Cheek Facial expression Eyelash

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Looks clean. I am planning on pulling the motor out of mine sometime this year. Just haven't decided if I am going to just freshen it up, or do a full build.
I bought a supposed running 460, 35K miles out of a motor home. Thought I’ll just reseal it and that turned into a full rebuild. Ultimately needed only head work. Scope creep too easy of a thing once it’s on the stand, but I lack discipline and wanted to “build” one myself.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22,813 ·
I bought a supposed running 460, 35K miles out of a motor home. Thought I’ll just reseal it and that turned into a full rebuild. Ultimately needed only head work. Scope creep too easy of a thing once it’s on the stand, but I lack discipline and wanted to “build” one myself.
Hey, if it's on the stand you are already half way there. My tentative plan is to just freshen up, but I am going to check everything out and that will ultimately determine what I do.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,725 Posts
Put a new battery in, mine wouldn’t hold a charge very long, the PO put in a super start but the warranty sticker was still good. Dropped it on the Oreillys counter and they needed the phone number it was bought for the warranty good thing is I kept the POs number in my phone…walked out with a new one, maybe this one will last longer…I have been unfair to it since it’s been in and out and ran down and not charged often during this restoration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,907 Posts
SO .... It begins. Turns out a freeze plug split in half, right behind the drivers side engine mount. Lovely. Gotta figure out to jack up motor without too much hassle. Don't feeling like buying a cherry picker for a one time deal. Gonna fix my water pump timing chain cover issue too. Welp, mostly the 3 broken bolts that are supposed to hold on the water pump. lol. Fun times.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,671 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Drained the tranny and torque converter, dropped in a new filter and topped it off. She drank all 16qts of Mercon and looks about a qt short.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ouch. That blows.
Yeah it does but the $5700 payout makes it a bit easier to stomach.

If your neighbors worth a single damn, he'll step up and take care his muckup. Good luck with the brother and the Bronco.
His SIL provided the Insurance info. Brother passed away last saturday evening while I was holding his hand at 9:40 pm. Our middle brother died from over a year long battle with cancer the previous week. When it rains in pours.

Silver-lining to this is that it is easily accessible to get a hammer and dolly to it to knock it back out. Hope your Brother gets well.
I'm quite the novice at body work but may try my hand at the repairs. Already got a tail light yesterday at I Pull U Pull along with 4x matching 205/60R16 Touring tires in almost new shape for the Camry at $10 each. Saw a decent rear bumper on an f series truck too @$59+tax+$6 core. Perhaps that info should go in the junk yard finds thread.

I am curious if something so minor will deem it a total loss in the eyes of the insurance, if you go that route. Given that most insurance companies have the value of these OSB's at 5K or so, it wouldn't take much to get to the magic number per their horrible formula.
I don't think they totalled it as the claim adjuster did not mention anything to me about it being a total loss. My guess is they valued the vehicle somewhere in the $7k+ range as it was a very clean straight good condition vehicle.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Get this, So while driving the Bronco to the apointment to get pics taken for the insurance adjuster I caught a big rock in the windshield causing a decent hardball sized circle crack at the lower portion of the passenger side around the wiper blade.

• Wow
Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
635 Posts
Replace the distributor to fix a "no start condition". Turned out to be the PiP sensor in the dizzy. Real PITA troubleshooting that thing, but all the good info on this site made it happen. Also replaced the FPR since it was original and ruptured. Still need to fine tune the timing. Should probably buy a light one of these days.

22801 - 22820 of 23262 Posts