Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

7481 - 7500 of 18416 Posts

·
Banned
38,761 Posts
I spent last Saturday swapping the rear axle in the '93, and Sunday working on joew's father's new black (& primer) '96 XLT Sport: cluster bezel, armrests, dash pad, drilling out 5 of the 8 tire carrier bolts, adjusting the strike, and grinding its rubber bumper down so it would close without dimpling the t/g.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Finally got my CB radio setup installed. I'm really liking how it came out.

·
Use the Force...
968 Posts
Finished prepping my towing receiver. Did a test fit and realized the middle tabs that go in the slots on the skid plate don't match up. Guess the measurements are different on a '88 than on a '82. I'll have to cut them off and weld them a bit narrower.

·
Banned
38,761 Posts
There are no slots in the (gas tank) skid plate, and the frame dimensions never changed (certainly for '80-96; probably also '78-79). Cutting & welding a receiver is just as risky as building one from scratch.

·
6,593 Posts
There are no slots in the (gas tank) skid plate, and the frame dimensions never changed (certainly for '80-96; probably also '78-79). Cutting & welding a receiver is just as risky as building one from scratch.
Steve's right, it'd be like pulling an air tank off a junk truck in the woods thinking it to be trust worthy. :goodfinge

Changed my spark plugs and cap and rotor yesterday, also change the air in my tire from winter air to spring air.
That's a new one on me. :toothless

·
People keep buying my
8,000 Posts
That's a new one on me. :toothless
you dont know? summer air is less dense, less rolling resistance. but it gets stale, gotta change it every 4 months ;)

·
Use the Force...
968 Posts
There are two places along the lip on the skid plate on the rear side. My '82 had them too. I have attached a photo of the reciever on my trucks thread. Can you go over and take a look and see what the deal is for me?
I appreciate it.

·
Bronco Snob
1,907 Posts
Added some tow loops, notched my front bumper. Didn't have time to start painting it..had to put it back on. Working on DD rigs can be a pain that way.

IMAG0560.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

·
Banned
38,761 Posts
joew came by in his (unnamed non-Bronco vehicle), and we loaded all the guns in the Bronco to ride over to Greg's for a few hours of shooting. :toothless

Then the deputies started showing up. :brownbag I think at one point, we had 2 CVs, 2 Tahoes, and a Charger (or Challenger or whatever those things are). They ended up being more pissed at the guy who called them than at us because we really weren't doing anything illegal, and he was being an asshat. So after they left, we went back to shooting. :armed After just a tiny bit of wheeling (still no rear d'shaft :cry), we came back here & told some lies before he went home.

·
Registered
429 Posts
New plug wires, new power steering pressure and return hose. Found that the lower rad hose was rubbing against the clamp that held the return hose to the power steering cooler. Almost worn completely through! Changed that too.

Then did a bit of redneck bodywork in preparation for a car show next weekend.

·
Skylynn's mommy
2,019 Posts
drove it to work. hopefully i can convince my hubby to wash it for me since he actually does a good job and scrubs it clean while i'd just spray it off and call it good

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Adjusted the timing.

7481 - 7500 of 18416 Posts