Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

9901 - 9920 of 19827 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I haven't really done anything to the Bronco lately, however, I have an amp and subwoofer installed in my Honda Accord that I was going to eventually swap into the Bronco...until the amp blew up yesterday. :banghead I opened it up and found a burnt transistor. I may try to solder in a new one and fix it. Otherwise I'll have to start shopping for a new amp.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Finally ordered shocks, boots, and rear sway bar links to finish the lift. Included my next project in the order too.... floor pans.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Finished off putting the short block together this morning, then took a ride to the junk yard to aquire some thing on the shopping list. Unfortunately we only got 2 items on the list I did find a electric fan from a Mercury Villager which is made very close to the size of the radiator surface area.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I removed the front windshield since it was all cracked thanks to the passenger ejector seat hitting the windshield as it came up 3 years ago lol

·
Eric
2,579 Posts
Bought it a PCM hold-down bracket and found a smoking deal on a set of 15x8 Eagle Alloys series 055's. Pickin' those up tomorrow.

Eric

·
Registered
95 Posts
Theres sometimes I love this truck, Then sometimes like this morning when I hate this truck. Damn thing tried to die on me 3 times on the way to work? all 3 times it was while coming to a stop. I dont know? im sure itll act perfect on the way home.

·
Banned
38,640 Posts
I found out why it was clunking & popping on acceleration last night - the t-case shift lever is about 1/4 away from the case, so it's halfway in 4H. :banghead I guess I gotta crack the spare t-case soon & do the stay arm mod to it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Changed the oil today and this time the drain plug would not get tight with the wrench. I got it hand tight as far as I could. The wrench it would just keep spinning.

Is this ok for it to be hand tightened?

·
Bronco Snob
2,099 Posts
Changed the oil today and this time the drain plug would not get tight with the wrench. I got it hand tight as far as I could. The wrench it would just keep spinning.

Is this ok for it to be hand tightened?
Naw...would just work loose. Think the plug bolt is probably stripped up near the head. Sound like the threads may be fine in the pan..but impossible to tell without pics. Do you have to pry it away from the pan to get the bolt started back out? I'd get it out...make sure threads in the pan are fine..then get a new bolt.

I picked up some front/rear spring hangers for my shackle flip..Lil bit of elbow grease and $13 :thumbup
IMG_20150216_150344736_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

IMG_20150216_150825266_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

IMG_20150216_150930224_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

IMG_20150216_162241333_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

·
Super Moderator
24,696 Posts
yo.
Replaced SPAL PDL actuator (installed in 1997) w/replacement SPAL unit; works great with Loud THUNK than can be heard from front door; about 40' away.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Naw...would just work loose. Think the plug bolt is probably stripped up near the head. Sound like the threads may be fine in the pan..but impossible to tell without pics. Do you have to pry it away from the pan to get the bolt started back out? I'd get it out...make sure threads in the pan are fine..then get a new bolt.

I picked up some front/rear spring hangers for my shackle flip..Lil bit of elbow grease and $13 :thumbup
View attachment 58825

View attachment 58833

View attachment 58841

View attachment 58849

Well now the drain plug has been replaced.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Continued on my OBA install. Used a compressor mount off a 73 Ranchero, modified, of course. Idler pulley off of IDK, and a high mount alternator adjustment arm. Next step is measuring for a belt, then figuring out the plumbing. Total cost so far, 0 dollars, and about a teaspoon of blood!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fought with rear seat bracket bolts that won't budge! Trying to get interior stripped so I can rust proof, install sound deadening, and new carpet.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
PB from underneath for a few days. Or, use a mapp torch (stay THE HELL away from the fuel system) and heat them, then spray with PB while hot. They're obviously rusted from below and trying to just strongarm them out is likely to break them off.

·
Man of endless projects
9,056 Posts
swapped my 5-lug 10.25" axle in my 96 and got it mostly setup. however I went to put the wheels on and it defiantly interferes with the brakes I used. man I was sooo close and now idk what to do now.

also I dropped the axle on my finger and smashed it really good while also cutting it really bad though the gloves I was wearing

also the driveshaft I was hoping to use was too long. it was built for my last truck with a Dana 60 but I guess a 10.25 has alot longer pinion

9901 - 9920 of 19827 Posts