10041 - 10060 of 19847 Posts

·
LOG TRUCKIN'
1,804 Posts
Did the 3G upgrade, pics in my build thread. :beer

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bench bled my new master cylinder, and dropped it in with the hydroboost. Started reassembling my dash, and upgraded the dash lights to LEDs. Local machine shop just called, my custom hoses for the power steering and booster are done, $125, with AN fittings for easy repairs in the future.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Finished the major portions of my hydroboost. Stock MC (though I do still have a'96 F350 for when I get my axle swap + disc conversion done) Brakes bled, PS system bled. Pedal is still stiff, but that's the nature of the beast for now.

·
FSM Lifetime
674 Posts
Yesterday I went and cleaned and painted my tie rods and steering stabilizers. I went online and found replacement stickers for a few bucks, and I don't think it looks half bad.

Before:

After:

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,967 Posts
Let's see......

Cleaned the K&N air filter.......boy was it dirty. I know I haven't cleaned it since I dropped the motor in back in '07.

Passenger side ball joints removed. Had the utmost hardest time getting the steering knuckle to drop.

Brakes pads both sides removed.

Outer passenger tie rod and sleeve removed.

Both axle pivot bushings removed.....and had to torch the heads of the bolts off to get them free. They were seized to the metal sleeve and wouldn't pop free. New axle bushings are installed, have to get new bolts tomorrow.

Ball joints will be here tomorrow..........and there's more to do tomorrow. :thumbup

·
Banned
38,639 Posts
I had just enough time before dark to lift the engine, put the flexplate on, and get it back on the stand.

...had to torch the heads of the bolts off to get them free. They were seized to the metal sleeve and wouldn't pop free. New axle bushings are installed, have to get new bolts tomorrow.

Ball joints will be here tomorrow...
The BJ press would have removed at least one of those bolts.

There might not be room to do the one on the L side (for the R arm).

·
Registered
381 Posts
I finally finished installing the new gas tank, I torqued down the leaf spring bolts, and I finished relocating the trailer wiring plug. I just need to put some gas in it, check for leaks, and hope it starts and runs well without leaking. That's tomorrow.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,967 Posts
The BJ press would have removed at least one of those bolts.

There might not be room to do the one on the L side (for the R arm).
Yeah that's what I thought too.......but it wasn't budging. Spent a good hour using the ball joint press. Finally I said, FAWK IT.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I finally finished installing the new gas tank, I torqued down the leaf spring bolts, and I finished relocating the trailer wiring plug. I just need to put some gas in it, check for leaks, and hope it starts and runs well without leaking. That's tomorrow.
Woot, everything works great, no leaks! I drove it to the gas station and filled the tank today. That is all. :)

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,967 Posts
Installed new rear sway bar links.

Bolted the front axle back into place after replacing the pivot bushings yesterday.

Installed new ball joints passenger side.

Installed new outer tie rod and sleeve.

New brake pads.

And fixed my front passenger side shock stud. Although I bought a replacement bracket with stud to replace it with, instead I blew my old one off and installed one of these....a lot less work doing it this way.

I have to say that Belle Tire can't tell me they are unable to do an alignment now, because this front end is TIGHT!!! :thumbup

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,967 Posts

·
Bronco Snob
2,101 Posts
Vacuumed up dog :barf.....but, how do you get mad at that face?
IMG_20150129_075756097_HDR.jpg

Here's Napa's version. Just used one yesterday on my brothers 98 gmc.
IMG_20150424_110954060_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker~2.jpg

10041 - 10060 of 19847 Posts