Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

10061 - 10080 of 18418 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Finished the hydroboost. Works great now, but I had to scrap the cooler, too much back-pressure from the restriction and causing the brakes to drag.

·
Premium Member
34,512 Posts
Found this carcass in my local junkyard! SCORE! :beer

$50 bucks for the set of sliders. They'll call me after they pull 'em.
I don't envy the poor bastard who's going to climb that pile of parts and pull 'em while he's up there... but that's their problem, not mine! :thumbup

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Nice score on the sliders! I have considered putting a set in the 78, but it has the OE almost limo tint windows now, and they do a great job keeping the back cool.

·
Registered
380 Posts

finally installed this today still gotta weld some bracing in it but it will do to get an inspection sticker, installed new U bolts on my leaf springs so i could get rid of the stack of washers i had on my stock u bolts after installing my sky shim blocks

·
Registered
3,413 Posts

I don't envy the poor bastard who's going to climb that pile of parts and pull 'em while he's up there... but that's their problem, not mine! :thumbup
Awesome find!
Pepe,probably easier just to grab the whole top
that way you don't have to mess with window seals and chance breaking the glass

plus black top would look good on your rig

the right quarter looks super clean in that photo
how was rest of tub?

I welded up an extension on my tailpipe and welded it back onto the muffler on ol rusty
getting it ready for broncorama Saturday

only if you guys promise you guys wont laugh at the old crapheap

·
Premium Member
34,512 Posts
Awesome find!
Pepe,probably easier just to grab the whole top
that way you don't have to mess with window seals and chance breaking the glass

plus black top would look good on your rig

the right quarter looks super clean in that photo
how was rest of tub?
Not as easy as you might think... based on that pic. I took it standing on top of two, stacked/smashed cars (I think they were cars anyway) and it was sitting on top of another old Ford cab and 1/2 of some other scrap metal.
It's literally on top of a heap and surrounded on all sides by other heap piles.

When I walked up to the yard-rat and asked about it, he said he's the only one allowed to crawl up there and get into it. I said... "that's why I didn't ask before I crawled up there to check it out."

I called it a carcass because you're looking at the very best of what's left of it. No drive-train under it... a dangling axle, the doghouse is mostly ripped off, the interior is trashed and was badly re-done before whatever happened to it. Not a whole lot of salvage to be had on that one.

I crawled up and around the heap to check it out. Glass looked to be in good shape and seals too... but the top itself would require a total strip/sand and repaint on the outside AND the inside. Chipped and peeling repaint all over on both. I've had a black top on a white bronco and would have no problem running it again. hell... I was hoping to score the whole thing since I'm planning to add a few black accessories anyway. I told 'em I'd take it all... but they don't want to pull it all down from that precarious pile of parts for me to give 'em $50 and it would take a solid 45 min. of shuffling with a forklift just to get to it.

I wouldn't mind the extra work once I got it home... but I think they'll have better luck getting just the windows out than dropping the whole top and risking total loss. Told 'em to grab the good glass out of the tailgate too... before it goes to the scrapper. Not that I'm buying it... but if I could have made it work on the ol' lady's '78, I would have grabbed it too.

sadly, they've got a silver bricknose they just got in. Told me the PO saw a water leak, assumed it was a freeze-plug and scrapped the whole rig. They replaced the water pump and say it runs like a champ. Things in almost as good a shape as my own and with less body rust too. They want $1595, but they'd take $1500 and it would be worth it... but I've got way to many things to deal with and not enough cash flow, as it is. :banghead
Usually they don't have squat for me there... but these all just came in over the last month or two.

shit... I type too much. :brownbag

·
Bronco Snob
1,907 Posts

Nice pull buddy, I know you've been wanting a set...good for you :thumbup..be careful handling them?.:banghead....are they oem, or aftermarket?

·
Banned
38,761 Posts
I never let the yard monkeys touch rare parts. :rolleyes: I hope he doesn't cut the rubber seals & just bring down the windows... :banghead

Good luck. :shrug I'm still looking for a couple of pieces to finish out my 2nd set.
are they oem, or aftermarket?
They're factory, but not original to the truck they're on. I assume they came with that camper shell, which also doesn't appear to be original to that Bronco. The chairs don't appear to be, either.

·
Premium Member
34,512 Posts
Nice pull buddy, I know you've been wanting a set...good for you :thumbup..be careful handling them?.:banghead....are they oem, or aftermarket?
Thanks bud. OEM... but not in the best shape.

I never let the yard monkeys touch rare parts. :rolleyes: I hope he doesn't cut the rubber seals & just bring down the windows... :banghead
Well... like I said, with the carcass precariously stacked on top of a heap of scrap, I didn't have much choice. guess I should have just asked for the whole top and trashed the rest after I got 'em myself but garbage = money. :shrug
Anyway... you called it. Trashed the rubbers getting 'em out. :banghead

So... anybody know where I can get a good set of fresh rubbers for these sliders?

My 78 - Cleaned it up and took it for the state safety inspection. Passed no problem! :thumbup
Feels like winning the lotto when you get an old rig past the BS. :rockon

·
Banned
38,761 Posts
Trashed the rubbers getting 'em out. :banghead
So... anybody know where I can get a good set of fresh rubbers for these sliders?
They don't exist, like all the other parts of those windows. :shrug JY only.

Eventually some of us who have incomplete sliding windows are gonna have to start selling/trading/donating parts to the others of us. :toothless Who wants to go first? :popc1:

Mine only need 2 pieces. :rofl:
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/684885

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I've actually started to notice that new suppliers of rare parts popping up lately. Not many, but it wouldn't surprise me if in the next few years, you'll find whole window kits available.

·
Premium Member
34,512 Posts
seriously?!? I thought Dorman or somebody had these. SOB! :banghead
Well fukk! That was a waste of time and money. :rolleyes:

Guess I'll wrap 'em up and stick 'em back in storage until "somebody" decides to sell what they've got. damn.
I swore I thought I read somebody scoring a set somewhere.

·
Registered
380 Posts

blew the dust off. renewed my registration and drove it for the first time in 9 months. Inspection sticker tomorrow and it will be all legal

10061 - 10080 of 18418 Posts