Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

10081 - 10100 of 19797 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,046 Posts
got and installed a Moates Quarterhorse tuner in my 96.

stupid me forgot that it would still have his Mustangs tune on it :doh0715:. took me awhile to realize why my truck didn't want to start and ran really rough. and I don't have a laptop with me to go tune it.

·
Banned
38,667 Posts
I pressure washed the '93EB again - I may start painting the underside soon.
yep... well, as far as I know. :brownbag
Absotively. If not, it wouldn't matter if numbskull had cut them - you could have used your originals. But the normal glass is ~1/8" thick; the slider frames are closer to 1 1/8" thick, so their gaskets have a MUCH-wider outer channel. Next time you're at that yard (preferably soon), you should try to snag those cut gaskets just for reference. And offer to kick numbskull square in his ass. :thumbup
...it wouldn't surprise me if in the next few years, you'll find whole window kits available.
It would me - that time has come & gone; when an aftermarket mfr. could turn a profit building Bronco camper sliding windows. CR Laurence made them decades ago, and THOSE used the normal gasket (meaning they were slightly smaller than the factory sliders), but they were ~$500/pr back then. Now, the market (surviving Broncos whose owners are willing to drop that kind of loot on windows that open halfway) is VASTLY smaller, and material & production costs have risen. I doubt they could be marketed for >$1K, and how many do you think they'd sell per year at that price?

·
Registered
380 Posts
failed inspection for SHOCKS it bounce 4 times WTF time for an upgrade

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,958 Posts
Drove it to broncorama.

I helped another guy out and programmed his PSOM at the show. He was running 35's with the constant at like 970. After taking with him, I was telling him how easy it was. Then I grabbed up a wire and helped him out. He took it around the block and came back with a smile. Hopefully I hear how his ride home was.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Finished the roll cage. Installed the CB and fire extinguisher. Rejetted the carb for the new motor. Put the window sticker on the new glass.

Made a funny video:

·
Bronco Snob
2,093 Posts
Eventually some of us who have incomplete sliding windows are gonna have to start selling/trading/donating parts to the others of us. :toothless Who wants to go first?
I need Passenger side active glass...I'm in for trading and DO accept donations.

Today I scrubbed my top in preparation for paint :thumbup

·
Registered
263 Posts
I took this:

Turned it into this:

So I can attach it to this:

and mount these:

More switches and panels are on the way, when they get here I'll cut the mounting holes and paint.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Also finally got the rubber mat and hold downs I ordered. So this:

Got finished and now looks like this:

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
That is very cool. I'd always turned something similar over and over in my head, but I was too lazy to go do it. Good on ya, man!

·
Erik
1,833 Posts
Remounted my frame ground, and then got a fresh tranny gasket and filter in. Mounted my remote filter. And then freshened up the fluid in the torque converter. Also mounted my redhead after that. But most of the day was spent on the steering shaft. Made a borgeson shaft for a 92-96 bronco fit my 89 because I got it cheap on Craigslist and it looked nice.

10081 - 10100 of 19797 Posts