Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

11021 - 11040 of 18407 Posts

·
not banned
5,980 Posts
Ran through the car wash and then took it home and polished it up before parking it for winter. I need to get a cover to keep the dust off of it. Anybody have any suggestions?
back when I had a mustang, I used 2 poncho liners. sometimes I used U-Haul packing blankets/pads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a pic of my first attempt at welding in some metal to patch the rust spots...

Oh, nevermind, apparently I don't have permission to upload a photo.

Hmmm. I'm beginning to second guess my membership here, just when I was about to go for the paid subscription too. What's with all the restrictions guys?

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

I still have an issue with having to post a number of times before being able to access certain forums. Why is that? Why would you not want new members to be able to access all of the great forums this site has to offer?

You end up getting this:

So I have a 1895 4x4 302ci automatic overdrive with cruise control. I'm tired of my 0 to 60 time of 18 seconds. Is there a better transmission that will make me go faster?

Perhaps a little better disguised, but still, useless clutter.

·
Premium Member
34,506 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,506 Posts
:stupid me too... then drove to town on my slick ass tires because I'm too cheap to have bought new, studded ones yet. :brownbag

I did finish redoing the front outlets and lighting in my shop, after the garage door install.
swapped the old 2 plug outlets for 4 plugs and changed the position of the lights to light up under the new roll-up door.
now I'll actually be able to open the hood and have the light shine in from over-head, rather than having to use a drop-light to see anything under the hood.
spent a few more hours late last night cleaning it all up after making a wreck out of the place.

my OCD can take a break now. :toothless

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Today I finally got around to removing my non-functioning smog pump and replacing it with a delete pulley. Despite the claims made by the pulley manufacturer, I need to go down 1" in belt size. Good thing I got to it, the idler pulley had a crusty feel to it and I suspect it was the cause of an intermittent whining I'd get at high RPM.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Effing Bolts that havent been touched since put on in 1992

getting the gas tank off my Bronco to replace the pump and sender.

Bolts holding the skid plate are brown and haven't been looked at since they were put on at the factory.

Breaker bar with socket, no luck.

Sprayed with PB Blaster and let sit for awhile, no luck.

Go out and buy a air impact set( Kobalt set from Lowe's for $80), rounded off first bolt.

Sprayed more PB BLaster, on bolts and nut side, let sit for awhile.

Get one nut off about 5 hours later with impact tool. Had to stop and begin cleanup to go out with family.

Back to it this morning. Hopefully, it'll go easier this morning.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
getting the gas tank off my Bronco to replace the pump and sender.

Bolts holding the skid plate are brown and haven't been looked at since they were put on at the factory.

Breaker bar with socket, no luck.

Sprayed with PB Blaster and let sit for awhile, no luck.

Go out and buy a air impact set( Kobalt set from Lowe's for $80), rounded off first bolt.

Sprayed more PB BLaster, on bolts and nut side, let sit for awhile.

Get one nut off about 5 hours later with impact tool. Had to stop and begin cleanup to go out with family.

Back to it this morning. Hopefully, it'll go easier this morning.
A access panel would be great for your problem.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,443 Posts
The factory attachments are one thing, but when some dirty idiot SOB has not only already fooked them up (Eddie's had been burned out with a plasma cutter), but their homemade abomination trailer hitch receiver went straight across the middle of the gas tank, and was so tightly attached to the rear bumper, I had to UNBOLT THE REAR BUMPER just to remove said receiver to be able to drop the tank! So Keep spraying that PB, use 6-point sockets, and good luck with the rest today.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
A access panel would be great for your problem.

No. That's just one more spot to allow rust and water the enter into the cabin.

I'm doing this as a one time thing. I bought a Delphi pump to replace the OEM one instead of spending the $300 on the new pump. If that one fails, then I'll spend the $300 and do it again with all FORD parts instead. I replaced the sender unit with the OEM ford part.

Now, I have to get my clutch refilled. I've had a slow leak forever and know I need to replace it but I just haven't had the time or work space to do it in. It's set for so long that, I guess, all the fluid has drained out of it.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
No. That's just one more spot to allow rust and water the enter into the cabin.

I'm doing this as a one time thing. I bought a Delphi pump to replace the OEM one instead of spending the $300 on the new pump. If that one fails, then I'll spend the $300 and do it again with all FORD parts instead. I replaced the sender unit with the OEM ford part.

Now, I have to get my clutch refilled. I've had a slow leak forever and know I need to replace it but I just haven't had the time or work space to do it in. It's set for so long that, I guess, all the fluid has drained out of it.
not if you paint and seal it afterwards.

That's how I was doing mine originally.... But it ended up not being a 1 time thing. 😒

·
Registered
26 Posts
well....it started off fine.

I started today with the intention of wiring two led's under the hood for night time working. I ran the wires, set up the receptacles, installed two switches on the dash (one is for clearance lights going up tomorrow), and had the hardest time finding a place to plug the wire on my 89XLT. I went with the #6 15A fuse for the lights and when I switched it on, smoke bellowed from the solenoid area and my hot wire melted like chocolate. Now, my cargo, courtesy, map, head, tail, and lp lights don't work.....:banghead

Began a console extension but ran out of daylight to get it trimmed correctly.

...what a day...

11021 - 11040 of 18407 Posts