Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

12021 - 12040 of 18419 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man I paid 900 for one beater, I guess I like in the wrong state. Actually I know I do LOL.
LOL. It helped my chevy 2500 I bought for $150 got traded for my 83 bronco. Both POs of the other 2 broncos originally wanted $2000 but we talked the 91 down to $600 and the 95 down to $400.

The other thing that helps is my family has 3 F150s, 4 F250s, a F350 all of the 80-96 vintage plus have had 3 parts trucks so between that and collecting parts it added up really fast for me to just see what I had.
Trav

·
14,371 Posts
Drove it to work the last two days..:thumbup

not today, but recently, added a new battery tie down..the old rubber bungee cord was getting a bit worn out, and finally got the breather situation on my front diff straightened out.

·
Man of endless projects
8,750 Posts
ordered a TrueTrac and 4.10 gears for front axle of the Bronco. also finally got my engine block back from machinist. due to it taking a month and me being a good customer they did it all dirt cheap which is good cause im broke. will probably start assembly this weekend if i can scrape enough money for some of the remaining common parts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
took my ol beater bronco it for a blast down the highway to pick up a super clean rust free tailgate outside of detroit!

I used a 1/4 tank a gas in 25 miles on the way there!:rockon
but it was a fun 25 miles with the headers just a singing and tach at 4000rpm!
man this old girl feels great at speed

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Still need to run the wire for the fuel sender but it's in there.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Brown Truck guy dropped off a Borgeson Steering shaft for me. Installed it along with a new steering gear box. Productive day. Or, couple of hours I should say.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rebuilt the steering column for the 95 including new clock spring. Haven't gotten it back in just yet but did get the door locks in. Had to buy a new ignition cylinder as the one that came with the truck was broken.
Trav

·
Registered
175 Posts
Got my new full size (35x12.50) spare and new wheel in and mounted up today!

14 yr old 33x10.50 spare, stock wheel vs. new 35x12.50 spare, 15x10 wheel

I thought I might have to modify the carrier a little because of the wider tire, but because of the offset it actually fit better! The 33x10.50 on the stock wheel was touching the carrier.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Mounted my Flashlight on the driver's side floor kind of under my seat.

Installed a Vacuum Canister I got at the JY off of an F-250 and got rid of the coffee can.

Found a couple of door jamb switches and one work!!! I open the driver's door now and the cab lights go on.. Woo hoo!!..

Course, open the passenger side and no lights go on. That is a weird one.

Also picked up front wheel bearings for tomorrow's work..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got the steering column back in and started cleaning the carpet and interior. Also fixed the tachometer.
Trav

·
Premium Member
34,512 Posts
walked outside to find my Bronco sitting on a completely flat front tire this afternoon.
pulled the flat 31" off and slapped on my closest, mounted spare... a 235.
got some soapy water, filled it up and found an air leak on the inside bead... off the corner of the balance weight.
odd as hell to have this happen at least 1 month after having this temporary set mounted.
called local perfection tire, who mounted them. they said bring it in and we'll fix it. happens once in awhile.
never seen that in my life and I go through a fair amount of wheel/tire swaps. :shrug
took it down and they re-did it with a little tire seal goo. just need to keep it road worthy until I get these lift parts ready to install.

was going to start blasting the lift coils today but ended up dealing with the flat and then working on the both the riding and push mowers so my Dad could start mowing the field down and the ol' lady could take another swipe at her landscaping. I've hated the Kohler/Ariens Cougar XT-7-craptastic mower she picked up at the Home Depot ever since she brought it home. Finally tore a little deeper into the carb today with Dad around (he used to do small gas engine repair, which I know squat about). Pulled the bowl off the carb and found... what I can only describe as white jelly gunk, built up in there so badly the float couldn't work properly. Explains just about every problem I've had with it since she brought it home. So now that damn thing aught to run like a champ... champ of crap anyway. ;)

So... another day and I didn't get to work on my Bronco lift parts or my saddlebags.
Just another day in Paradise. :toothless

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Took the '94 for a little drive to the Secretary of State to get my driver's license renewed. The damn 1000 RPM idle problem is back. Maybe it will stay a solid problem so I can troubleshoot it, it pisses me off that the problem will go away for a week or so and then come back. Ahh - the joys of 22 year old trucks.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,443 Posts
So... another day and I didn't get to work on my Bronco lift parts or my saddlebags.
Just another day in Paradise. :toothless
Man, that's the way my week's been going. Had a flat on the Exploder, Sears fixed it, but I had the work done in Lynnwood instead of Everett, so what did I do? Finished my other task in Lynnwood and got on the freeway to go home! Realized two exits down (about five miles) that I had to go back! I'm losing my mind! Then I helped my friend Steven with his Gra d Marq, which started losing power. We worked on it yesterday, and by the time I was done, I laid down for a well-deserved rest. For five hours! Definitely not ready for work yet! Today, I'm supposed to be resting up, but for gas money, I'm driving my sis-in-law around for her to hit up thrift stores. Yay me, Mr. Gas Money Prostitute. But at least the local semi-oldies station's on an '80s kick....:toothless

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I washed the 93, then filled the tank. Went home and loaded up a couple of my R/C Boats and all the fixins for a day of racing tomorrow. Leaving @ 6:00am and driving up to Greeley, Co. to kick some ass!:goodfinge First race of the year...

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Ordered up a 3D print of a cell phone holder and junk tray for my Raptor center console. Hopefully it will fit perfectly or with minimal trimming/fitting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Drove the 93 E/B 60mi North to Greeley, Co. this morning for the first race of the year. I had 4 races with each boat. I had 3 First's with the Cat and 2 with the Mono. So I did kick some ass! My kungfoo was pretty strong! What a crappy day tho! It was misting and 38*! The best part of the day was driving the Bronco home where it's nice an toasty!

12021 - 12040 of 18419 Posts