Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

15401 - 15420 of 19831 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I DID THE PCV swap.... moved hose to center vacuum tree..moved brake boost hose to old vacuum port for PCV

Also check http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/7-1980-96-bronco-tech/16026-pcv-valve-tsb-ford.html to see if the 89 BKO is affected by the "TSB Recall", gases settling in cylinders 4 & 8 where re-routing/exchanging the brake booster vacuum hose from the top of the plenum to the PCV connection at the back of the plenum and PCV routes up top where the BB line goes and you're good.

You may need longer hoses to reach but no more then $10.00 for both...easy to do....

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ordered a set of Bilstein 5100's and a full front end suspension bushing kit. Should make it ride like a Cadillac! (As the saying goes.) I just hope it rides like a newer truck! LOL

I have those they are a bit stiff in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
--------------
4,357 Posts
Not today, but first thing Tomorrow.

PCV Swap.
(the Oily plenum thing has been bugging me for a while.)

Many thanks to @bsd4083 for posting that here. :thumbup
(did the search and read the whole thread, makes Perfect sense)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Dragon

·
Eric
2,579 Posts
Noticed I have an intermittent whine/chirping coming from what seems to be my right rear axle area. Not really loud, but noticeable when traveling next to a concrete median/wall over 30 MPH. Shocks? Wheel bearing? Something in the drum brake hardware let go? Leaf spring isolator grenaded?

I love a good mystery!!!

Looks like that new axle build is coming along just in time. Might need to throw some new Bilstein's into the mix, too. Sucks because I really like those old air shocks when I'm loaded with tools/gear.

·
Foolsize Member
1,558 Posts
My 78 has developed a rattle on deceleration and my 92 has developed a vibration under a load both of which sound and feel driveline related:doh0715:

Joy.

·
Super Moderator
14,765 Posts
yesterday, first time driving it in about a week and I picked up a huge screw in my tire...

fortunately I recently got a new tire repair kit..

plugged it up while I was in the parking lot at Lowes..

aired it up and I'm back in business. I love having an air compressor on my rig..:thumbup

·
Registered
267 Posts
Does it turn over at full speed or is it laboring? I’d start by checking the battery or having it checked. Cables okay? Are you getting spark from the coil/TFI to the distributor while it is turning over? What’s the inside of the distributor cap and rotor look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FOUND THE ISSUE ITS THE IAC..... This whole truck is rebuilt new... so was puzzled

IAC is ford Achilles heal,,,it gets contamination easily then it sticks and starves the engine of proper oxygen...

Ford put out a fix on later models to address this.. iTS A METAL PLATE that fits between the IAC and the throttle body right side.
it has two adjustment screws and acts as an air bypass to prevent this sticking. I am ordering one from ebay about 60$

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,212 Posts
Packed it up with clothes and presents - headed to Nitro, WV for Christmas in the morning. About 1000 miles. So glad we’ve got a 1/2” of ice on the way mid day - that should put those new BFGs to the test!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
267 Posts
FROM ANOTHER MEMBER.. in the TBS link:
dirtmerchant

Bronco Info: use to be 302aod and 302c6, now its a gt40p 302/np435!
on my 89 the port at the back was nearly clogged this iw what i did

1 took off top plenum cleaned out clog and oil residual
2got a longer brake booster hose
3 connected brake booster to rear pcv vacuum port
4 relocated pcv vacuum to center tree of vacuum ports, where the brake booster was connected

the hose barbs are the same size.

i was pulling 18 vacuum, after that mod and some seafoaming oil changes etc it pulls 20-22 at idle and runs BETTER. easiest thing ive done, easier than drilling a hole

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
Some wisea$$ put a "We buy junk Cars" business card on my Bronco, took it off and put it on the Mercedes Benz that was next to me.
I can do one better...I had a tweek come to my door, offering $50 scrap value for Eddie. I told him that I was going to fix him and get him back on the road. Besides, when I did sell him, it was for $300.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,895 Posts
Loaded it up with presents and drove to the city to visit 4 different friends and their families and drop off a little Holiday cheer. :santa :drinkbud:
Got rejected from 1 car wash who said my tires were too wide but loved my FSB. Found another place to wash it off that had a double pass dryer. Normally, I wouldn't care but it was well below freezing w/clea sky and sunny skies, so the double dry was a nice touch that kept my rig from turning into a giant, black popsicle. I also found a place that sold me 8 beef, barrel bones for my Banshee. Everybody's gettin' somethin' fer Christmas this year! :rockon Had a great time playing Santa's helper and it's become something of a tradition since I moved out to the rural county.

Merry Christmas to all... and to all, a good Christmas Eve's Eve. :toothless

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,305 Posts
Father in law gave me a couple of his old CB radios from his basement. Vintage GE unit probably 40 years old at least and slightly newer Cobra unit - both barely used if at all. One of these will go in my FUTURE Bronco.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Father in law gave me a couple of his old CB radios from his basement. Vintage GE unit probably 40 years old at least and slightly newer Cobra unit - both barely used if at all. One of these will go in my FUTURE Bronco.

The good ole Cobra 29. Can't go wrong with one of those. I have a Uniden Pro 510xl in my 66, because its compact, cheap and tough as hell. I take my '66 to very remote places, and I needed something as rough and ready as the truck. And it would only be right to have a 9' full wave whip on the back.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
And that GE sure is an oldie but a goodie. I used to have a portable GE emergency CB, don't know where it got off to, was very good to have on the highways and byways, and it had a magnetic base antenna that wouldn't come off if you were doing a buck twenty.

15401 - 15420 of 19831 Posts