Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

15441 - 15460 of 18548 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Made a hole for my light bar upgrade. The 12" wasn't quite enough in the dark so I spent Christmas money on a made in China bar lol. 42 fits perfectly in the grille but I have to fabricate some tabs in behind to hold er

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Man of endless projects
8,777 Posts
so the White Turd aka my 88 is been pretty much untouched for 2.5 years now and its time to change that. best way to start was to make it look alittle less depressing. added a 3" body lift and put the 37" military tires on it.

before

after

may still trim fenders abit widthwise but should be plenty with 9" lift total

·
Premium Member
34,663 Posts
I found it. :toothless

Chipped the frozen ice off it this morning and after a considerable warm up time, drove it to the big city for supplies. Ran across a nice guy in a red, silver anniversary rig at Home Depot, I was driving in, he was driving out. We talked for a few minutes and I told him he aught to look us up. Might see him around next year. ;) :beer

·
Man of endless projects
8,777 Posts
ordered stuff for the White Turd to regear front and rear axles to 5.13, bought a locker for the front (just gonna Lincoln lock the rear). bought stuff for the engine build. man what a money pit....

·
Premium Member
34,663 Posts
As usual for me... more of a "what did you to WITH your Bronco today".

Today I loaded up the FSB w/propane tanks to fill for my shop. As I headed down my driveway, I see this:

Lost semi truck tried to back into my driveway to turn around but got his ass end stuck in a side-hole, against a snow pile. Luckily for the both of us... there was just enough room for my Bronco to squeeze by. I pulled up and hopped out of the Bronco. As he looked up to me with a very embarrassed expression, I laughed out loud. After a few chuckles, I said "You gotta know, I'm laughing with you man... even if you're not laughing." He smiled sheepishly, as I walked around to survey his situation. He'd been spinning his wheels for a bit and was trying to re-adjust his 1-sling cheater chains on the cab wheels. I told him the road was covered with hard packed ice and while my Bronco is more than capable, I wasn't sure if I could hook up enough to tug him out. Luckily, I keep a 20 ft., heavy duty tow strap to hook up in the back. We finagled a bit, dealt with some traffic and got ready to give it a shot.
I slipped into 4H, took a look back for the A-OK and he gave me the "Gun-It" sign, so I did.
The Bronco launched, hit the end and I felt him nudge up, just a bit. I floored it, with the tail end of the Bronco slipping from side to side and my studded Duratracs ripping through the road packed snow/ice... as we both, slowly but surely inched him up the incline and out of my driveway entry. As he pulled up onto the road, we were both giddy with success. I was fist pumping in the cab and he was givin' the big thumbs up with a huge grin.

I was pretty damn impressed, yet again with my awesome Black Beauty. I realize it's not really that big a deal... but it sure felt good and I'll take my braggin' rights for my awesome Ford Bronco pulling a stuck semi truck out of a ditch. :rockon :beer :toothless

·
Registered
447 Posts

Today I loaded up the FSB w/propane tanks to fill for my shop. As I headed down my driveway, I see this:

Lost semi truck tried to back into my driveway to turn around but got his ass end stuck in a side-hole, against a snow pile. Luckily for the both of us... there was just enough room for my Bronco to squeeze by. I pulled up and hopped out of the Bronco. As he looked up to me with a very embarrassed expression, I laughed out loud. After a few chuckles, I said "You gotta know, I'm laughing with you man... even if you're not laughing." He smiled sheepishly, as I walked around to survey his situation. He'd been spinning his wheels for a bit and was trying to re-adjust his 1-sling cheater chains on the cab wheels. I told him the road was covered with hard packed ice and while my Bronco is more than capable, I wasn't sure if I could hook up enough to tug him out. Luckily, I keep a 20 ft., heavy duty tow strap to hook up in the back. We finagled a bit, dealt with some traffic and got ready to give it a shot.
I slipped into 4H, took a look back for the A-OK and he gave me the "Gun-It" sign, so I did.
The Bronco launched, hit the end and I felt him nudge up, just a bit. I floored it, with the tail end of the Bronco slipping from side to side and my studded Duratracs ripping through the road packed snow/ice... as we both, slowly but surely inched him up the incline and out of my driveway entry. As he pulled up onto the road, we were both giddy with success. I was fist pumping in the cab and he was givin' the big thumbs up with a huge grin.

I was pretty damn impressed, yet again with my awesome Black Beauty. I realize it's not really that big a deal... but it sure felt good and I'll take my braggin' rights for my awesome Ford Bronco pulling a stuck semi truck out of a ditch. :rockon :beer :toothless
I just read that out loud to my lady, as we're getting ready for lights out... we were cracking up! That's too friggin awesome! Cheers to that and brag oooon!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts

what, and no video???

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Finally got around to changing out the hinge pin on my drivers side door..I just did the upper one, cutting the pin was a breeze with my dremel, removing the bushings was another matter entirely..after nearly an hour of cursing and banging on them I finally got the bottom one out..used my hi-lift to support the door and in the process I think I pulled a muscle in my arm..on the plus side the door closes much better..now I'm debating if I want to tackle the bottom one..:toothless

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
Ordered a rock shaft and clutch rod for my 78 engine and trans swap. Going with my fav go to setup, FE, t19 and 205. Next I need a pedal assembly, too damn cold out @ -25 wind chills to do much but put a new battery and did an oil change on the SD this morning. BURR it’s cold out, I wonder if that ratchet will ever peel off the palm of my hand LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Waiting for the call that my Jerry can mount is done and I can go pick up the Bronco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Can u post a picture when it's done? Id like to see the setup

·
Eric
2,436 Posts
Stopped by the JY after work and found a well-preserved instrument cluster bezel part. Not the lower left panel with the light and wiper knobs, the right side panel. Mine has a 3/8" hole cut into in with, what looked to be tin snips, by the PO, for, what I can only imagine, was an aircraft switch. I have close to a half-dozen holes like this left to take care of around the interior. PO loved his cut holes, switches, and half-assed wiring. A true craftsman he was.

One less random-ass hole in my truck's trim. Hooray.

Okay... so I've got to know: What is that little cubby hole used for on the lower-right instrument-bezel-trim-piece? It has "ribs" molded into the top. I figured it was for cassettes or something back in the day (everyone under 25, reading this right now, is going, "What the hell's a 'cassette'?"). Drives me nuts that I have no idea what it's for.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Okay... so I've got to know: What is that little cubby hole used for on the lower-right instrument-bezel-trim-piece? It has "ribs" molded into the top. I figured it was for cassettes or something back in the day (everyone under 25, reading this right now, is going, "What the hell's a 'cassette'?"). Drives me nuts that I have no idea what it's for.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Eric
Not sure myself Eric. Holds a pack of smokes and a lighter just fine in mine! Never noticed any ribs. Maybe I'll have to take another look after 14yrs!:histerica

·
Premium Member
34,663 Posts

Anyone?

Thanks,
Eric
that's what I always figured but I don't have one to compare. I do however, still have a few good working cassette tapes out in the shop. :toothless

Oh yea... sorry I didn't get any better pics or a vid of the semi-trailer pull. My phone is old and really lame and to be honest, I knew they guy was already feeling like a dope and didn't want to shame him any more by being one of "those" guys, flippin' out my phone and documenting someone else's misfortune. And... I wasn't really sure I'd be able to pull it off anyway. :toothless

15441 - 15460 of 18548 Posts