Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

15481 - 15500 of 18420 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
So I drove the 93 to work today. Been sitting all week collecting dust, so I stopped at the do it yourself car wash on the way home. I was finishing up with the streak free rinse and this guy walks up to me. "HOLY SHIT"! He says. "This is one premo Bronco"! "What year is it"? "You don't see one's this nice very often"! I'm smiling and thanking him. We chatted a bit and he leaves. I drive it around to the other side. I squeegie the windows and dry it off with a towel. It's rolling on 5:00PM and the sun just disappeared over the mountains. I hop in and fire it up and turn the headlights on. It's rolling on about 1min later and the damn CHIME in the dash is still dinging! I noticed the door light in the passenger door is lit. I reach over and open and close that door a bit harder than I usually do. The light in the door goes out and the dinging stops. OK FINALLY! Time to go home. I get about 1/2 a block and the damn DINGING starts up again! No extra lights on inside this time. WTF?? SHIT! I got 16mi to go here! No stopping now, I drove home. DING! DING! DING! DING!:banghead I get home and back into my spot. I reached down and turned the lights off. The dinging stops! Lights on, DING DING DING! Lights off, it stops. HUMMMMMmmm...., I'm thinking. Multifunction switch?? Whatchya think? Thanks, Brian:toothless

·
Foolsize Member
1,510 Posts
Cranked the 78 up last night because I was planning on driving it this morning and it had sat for the past 5-6 days. Checked over all the fluids and noticed the coolant was pretty low, which was odd because that truck doesn't leak or use a drop. Once I filled it up and started checking other fluids I realized the fan was spraying me with liquid. Sure enough, looking at the back of the radiator through the shroud its pissing coolant onto the fan and slinging it everywhere.:doh0715:

I had this radiator cleaned and resealed at a local shop less than a year ago, so I guess im going to be upgrading to that 4 row aluminum unit sooner than I thought.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I had this radiator cleaned and resealed at a local shop less than a year ago, so I guess im going to be upgrading to that 4 row aluminum unit sooner than I thought.
Won't a bigger radiator make the motor run cooler? I suppose the thermostat would control that.:doh0715: I replaced the single core in the 88 a few months back. Oreillys gave me a dual core by mistake. I found that out because the bolt pattern was different. I took it back for the single. Just ranting, good luck!:thumbup

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
Won't a bigger radiator make the motor run cooler? I suppose the thermostat would control that.:doh0715: I replaced the single core in the 88 a few months back. Oreillys gave me a dual core by mistake. I found that out because the bolt pattern was different. I took it back for the single. Just ranting, good luck!:thumbup
Check for a sticky stat, it happens.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ordered my first set of mud terrains..
Pic relivent..
I couldn't say no to 111.00 mud terrains

Hope they are not completely garage.

Now I must get my camber issue fixed

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
An afterthought... I hope taking this screenshot is not breaking rules...
Idk how to crop out the address n such :headbang:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Moved it from the shop garage to the house garage. Has been on a battery tender. Battery is shot. About 3 1/2 year old everstart maxx from wallyworld. Done with their batteries. Nothing but junk. I had one in my F250 that lasted only a year. Swapped in the battery off the tractor to move it. Monday will be getting a new non-wally battery for it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My latest little project on the bronco has been a solution to the high beams. I'd already installed hella halogen dipped beam projectors into the standard 5*7 housings, but needed something else for the full beams. I wanted to use the quality hella units again, but there was no way I could fit both a high and dipped beam unit into each housing. I also knew I wanted to go for the 80/81 look with a plain grill and f-o-r-d on the hood, so as such...

I got some 3" abs pipe couplers, which are about 100mm OD, and should fit the 90mm OD hella nuts just nicely inside, and frenched them into a repro 80/81 grill I'd ordered. Should clean up nice after some paint! Definitely a unique look.

·
Eric
2,406 Posts
It's funny how we've gotten so much laughter out of something as trivial as a 30 year-old coin holder in a truck...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Your "trivial" is my "revolutionary." :toothless

Also, just picked up a 3'x5' piece of 1/2" plate that I'm getting stress relieved and Blanchard ground for a home fab/weld table for Bronco parts. A Harbor Freight 10'x20' car canopy will be erected over the RV parking on the side of the house for some cover. Underneath it will also live a tubing bender, notcher, 2 welders, and either a chop saw or pneumatic band saw (haven't decided yet). My Maverick's currently in the way and my cousin's going to let me keep it at his house, that he just bought, because he doesn't use his garage for anything. He parks in his driveway. I'm too busy at my regular job and can't get my side projects done there, so, they've got to come home.

Ever notice how your toys get more expensive as you get older? It's gotta be a scam.....

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
It got above freezing today, first time since Christmas. I thought about changing the oil in the green '94, but then I thought of the fun of laying on a cold and wet garage floor.
I wimped out and went out and had it changed.
I had a $15 coupon, so it wasn't a lot more than doing it myself. It is fun when the truck you bring in is older than 90% of the folks working at the oil change place. The poor girl (yes a girl) spent a few minutes looking for the transmission dipstick, I finally told her where it was, and then she needed a step stool to reach it!
The oil filter is always a challenge, first the girl (a different girl) tried from the top (with the stepstool again), then ran down the stairs to attack it from the bottom.
Actually it wasn't that bad an ordeal if the entertainment value is added in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Today I ordered all the stuff I need to do the repair on the arch sections. Spot weld drill, flanging plier and some cleco's etc. just need to put my order into tabco now. I was thinking about putting a second "fuel" door into the location a truck would have it, that would cover up the 120v input for the hard wired battery tender, as well as eventually the OBA system port. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Moved it from the shop garage to the house garage. Has been on a battery tender. Battery is shot. About 3 1/2 year old everstart maxx from wallyworld. Done with their batteries. Nothing but junk. I had one in my F250 that lasted only a year. Swapped in the battery off the tractor to move it. Monday will be getting a new non-wally battery for it.

I ran a sears glass mat battery in my CJ and it stood up to a lot of winch and bounce abuse. Kind of pricey but not as much as a yellow top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Upgrades

Well, I've been doing a ton of stuff to my Bronco lately, and don't feel like it's worthy of a build thread, but I'd like everyone to see the progress, so I thought this would be a good spot to start. I have some photos of the progress, and some I haven't got to yet, but here we go.
Installed a new Steering box, End Links Front and Rear, Radial arm bushings, Etc..., sorry no photos yet. New Top of the Line Alpine SRS Speakers Front and Rear, New Dome Light!!!
SO that's a good start.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

15481 - 15500 of 18420 Posts