Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

16421 - 16440 of 18652 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,595 Posts
I haven't been around too awful much lately, but I still have the Bronco's and have been doing some things to them. Filly had some body work done to her and some paint laid down. Then I had the free wheeling stickers I bought a few years ago put on. While she is not done on the outside yet I figured I'd share with you where I am at thus far.

·
Premium Member
34,846 Posts
I'm still surprised by how good those free-wheelin' decals look over a white rig.
and the turbines... classic, all the way around man. I'm sure Filly would be proud. :beer

don't be such a stranger... well, don't be any stranger than you already are? :goodfinge
nice to see ya bud and love the progress. :thumbup

·
Registered
432 Posts
The replacement underhood harness for the '93 EB came in last night. I'll take it out to the shop after work. First things first, I've got to finish some work on the back doors on the new house. I have a rather large black lab. Can't move in until I get him a dog door built. Existing french doors were all glass. Replacements with SMALL dog doors were over $2K not even installed. Bought a $160 wood half lite door and made it fit. I hate woodworking. :banghead

Now that it's primed, gotta pull it off again and cut / install the dog door. After that's done, I'm going to hook up the replacement harness, throw a battery in it and see if anything works. Hoping the tailgate / window works on the '93 that would be nice. Once I'm finally all the way moved into the new house - hopefully this weekend - I'll trailer over my compressor, my other toolbox and the rest of garage / shop stuff. That way I can get some Bronco work in later at night before bed.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,499 Posts
Went outside to start reattaching all of the rear plastic interior trim pieces around the inside of the topper, since they are all painted in a fresh coat of satin beige. Then...drip, drip.....well, the rain got me again. Maybe it’ll pass.

·
Eric
2,451 Posts
1.) Welded tubes and flanges? Check.
2.) 4.10's with carbon clutch Trac-Lok? Check.
3.) Ceramic paint? Check.
4.) Spiffy new diff cover? Check.
5.) New axles, shoes, drums, and hardware waiting for install day? Check.
6.) Train-wreck-of-a-work-area in the background? Check.

I think this sonofabitch might, finally, be done.

It's almost the sexiest thing in the garage right now. :toothless

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Yesterday my back glass malfunctioned on me. It started down but it got crossed and started off the track. I got it down today and found the the rivets that hold the spacer sets and teh channel runs to the glass let go on me. I knew this was probably going to happen when I put them in, but I tried them out anyway. Lesson: go with your gut, if it feels wrong dont do it.

I replaced the rivets with 4mm socket cap screws and lock nuts. The screws threaded into the spacer sets nicely and now I know the back glass is solid.

·
Super Moderator
6,595 Posts
I haven't been around too awful much lately, but I still have the Bronco's and have been doing some things to them. Filly had some body work done to her and some paint laid down. Then I had the free wheeling stickers I bought a few years ago put on. While she is not done on the outside yet I figured I'd share with you where I am at thus far.

Those wheels and vinyl are amazing. Nice truck.
Thanks! It's been a long time coming on this one. I started this process of paint, bodywork and vinyl in March.

I'm still surprised by how good those free-wheelin' decals look over a white rig.
and the turbines... classic, all the way around man. I'm sure Filly would be proud. :beer

don't be such a stranger... well, don't be any stranger than you already are? :goodfinge
nice to see ya bud and love the progress. :thumbup
Thanks Pepe', I wasn't so sure when it was going on and then the sun came out and then I was very pleased.

@ 379sinvb,

Holy freakin hell man...that is amazing. Wow.
Thanks

Yeah, Filly, she needs to see that. I wish she or her Other Half would pop in, let us know how they're doing.

I sent Judi an email with the same photos and she was blown away (her words). Couldn't believe that was the Bronco she sold me. Very happy that I've taken such good care of it and used it. Her and Bill are doing well and states the other '78 they have is still up and running.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,051 Posts
Didn't "do" anything per say, but I did get a FedEx drop with the right valve oil seals. Rock Auto for the win! Will be bolting the heads to the block tomorrow. :thumbup

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Drove the '94 to the Cadillac dealer and leased a CT6 w/Super Cruise. I may have to thin the Bronco herd, but for now I have a place to park the '96. :crying:

16421 - 16440 of 18652 Posts