Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17201 - 17220 of 18561 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
10,200 Posts
Yeah pig pen this here's the rubber duck. There's a road block up on the cloverleaf and them bears is wall to wall...

Got my Cobra 29 nightwatch mounted up last night while I'm waiting on engine parts. This is the cat's meow of CB radios, with built in tuner, night mode, PA, dynamike, etc. Itll be hooked up to a 102" whip on a 6" spring.

Its bolted directly to the Shelf-it

·
Registered
133 Posts
In the middle of July I change the water pump on my 92. Drove it down to Phoenix to see how it would handle the heat with the new water pump (bad move)! On the way back home my radiator cracked just below the inlet hose. It sprayed antifreeze all over the engine compartment causing my serpentine belt to come off and there goes power steering.

This Saturday I pulled out the alternator the fan clutch, fan shroud and the radiator.

Replaced with a Champion three core radiator with a leadfoot racing shroud and dual fans. Upper and lower radiator hoses and clamps.

Alternator was replaced with a one wire large case 200 amp from left eye blind. A little modification to the bracket was required. The upper mount on the original alternator was threaded, and the large case was not so additional hardware was needed.

This Saturday I will fill the coolant system and bleed it, along with connecting the new alternator and installing a dual battery tray.

Sitting in my shop is a set of disk breaks for the rear 8.8 differential. I will be waiting for chrome molly axles and a truss for the top of the differential. I doubt this will be completed prior to The Bronco Invasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What disc brake set up? Expo? Or after market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah pig pen this here's the rubber duck. There's a road block up on the cloverleaf and them bears is wall to wall...

Got my Cobra 29 nightwatch mounted up last night while I'm waiting on engine parts. This is the cat's meow of CB radios, with built in tuner, night mode, PA, dynamike, etc. Itll be hooked up to a 102" whip on a 6" spring.

Its bolted directly to the Shelf-it
Got the same one swinging 40w... and it's got a little switch inside for whenever it's hooked up to a linear.... which is still on the shelf and not installed, yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,117 Posts
Finally got time to remove the transmission pan and install my Punisher Valve Body, While I had the pan off I changed the filter and gasket, at that point I got the chance to install the filter clip and to go a step farther. I drilled the pan and installed a universal drain plug. Took it for a test drive, overall everything has working out. No leaksat the time i parked it. We will see if the feel of the shifting changes anymore than it already has. Kicks like a baby mule in to 2nd but I haven't seen any difference when shifting into that mushy 3rd gear. I did notice it down shifts great wasn't expecting that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Finally got time to remove the transmission pan and install my Punisher Valve Body, While I had the pan off I changed the filter and gasket, at that point I got the chance to install the filter clip and to go a step farther. I drilled the pan and installed a universal drain plug.

Nice. I’m gonna file those tips away for when I get around to servicing mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34,673 Posts
Not exactly on the Bronco but had to renew my handicapped parking placard.
So ignorant WA state requires a new Dr. note, new placard, etc. every 5 years.
I get there's abuse but if you're permanently disabled, what a waste of time and money.
Like my foot grew back and I'm just milkin' the bitchin' parking?!? :rolleyes:

-14 deg. last night and the Bronco is running like a swiss watch.
I love having a fresh engine and not having to wonder. :rockon

·
Super Moderator
4,389 Posts

I fixed the shifter linkage on my transfer case. With the ZF5, the rod was too short and put the shifter at an angle that would make it pop out of 4 low.
Now, I can get the length just right, and it shifts perfectly again!

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Took it to the shop Friday to have the front end gone through and Truetracs installed front and rear, BUT it came to me this morning that I didn't take the locking lug nut socket:shocked so I ran it out today.

Also took the front shocks that arrived Saturday to him to install since he'll have the old ones off anyway.:thumbup

17201 - 17220 of 18561 Posts