Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17281 - 17300 of 18538 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
10,164 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Spent the evening ripping out the moldy insulation and cracked vinyl. Vacuumed up all the rust flakes and dead bugs that called it home. Going to start prepping the old floor pans for the new ones once they land. No idea how to weld so might just bring it to the local welding shop since I'm out of my depth on that one.

·
Haunted
735 Posts
I love my front and rear bumpers from ProtoFab.
Getting the same bumpers you've got, Blue. After looking at the pics of yours, I'm even more excited, now. They look great. :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
4,373 Posts
I finally mounted the handheld unit for my Sniper EFI. It's been sitting in my cup holder for the last 6 months.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yesterday I finally got around to swapping out the bumper. It was a pain, but a butane torch and WD-40 makes everything easier.

This one isn't as shiny, but it has no dents and a front plate holder, which I'm real happy about. I was able to pull up the bumper back to its normal height and fixed the sag. Hopefully I can find a bull bar soon at some junkyard.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Didn't actually do anything to it today, but I scored a manual BW1356 TC w/shifter, linkage and brackets off CL locally. Been looking for one for a while to rebuild to eventually swap out for the electric TC currently in the Bronco. This one came out of a '96 Bronco with 5.8/E4OD, so the swap should be pretty straightforward...

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I decided to finally pull the trigger and get an upgrade in the stereo department.

I have been stuck on what to get for some time now. I have been a Pioneer guy from school days and I knew that is the brand I wanted ( to each his own ) but I was torn on either putting a single DIN setup in the factory dash location or getting a double din radio and installing it in my center console. The center console I have in my truck is a console from a 2003 Expedition. It fits really well in the truck and is so much better than a stock console. The forward most portion of the console has an area which has a ashtray and small storage cubby. My thoughts were to remove the ash tray and storage cubby piece of plastic and fab a radio housing into that area. That would have put the double DIN stereo just below the A/C and heater controls. I really liked that idea and I have been bouncing back and forth on which to get.

I wanted the large screen stereo like a double DIN for all of the apps and touch screen stuff. I had looked at the single DIN stereos that have a motorized screen that comes out from the main body, but I was apprehensive about that type of stereo. I was afraid the mechanism of the screen would be too flimsy and break down quickly, especially in a off-road vehicle.
The cons for the double DIN was I didn't want to give up the storage cubby in my console, I didn't want to have to replace the antenna cable for a longer one to reach the console, and I didnt think I would like having to look down at the console for all of my stereo interactions.

I ran in to a guy that had a single DIN flip out screen installed in his F-250 and asked him about the durability of the flip out screens. He told me they were very durable and he has not had an issue with his.

I decided to go with the single DIN setup. I shopped and compared for what seemed like hours and decided on this stereo ...
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJWHVC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

During my shopping and searching I found the video below on Youtube.
It is a very interesting video showing the installation into a 1995 F-350, but it will be the same look and installation process into my 1995 Bronco. Thought maybe you guys might find it interesting, especially the wiring he had to do for all of the special features.

I should get it later this week and next week I am on vacation so I should have a new stereo all dressed up and ready to go for the trip out Moab !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=c3c4mIT0aQg

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
replaced lower radiator hose. old one rubbed against the red head box, new one does not even come close to the box?

17281 - 17300 of 18538 Posts