Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17381 - 17400 of 18668 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
When I picked up Ol' Faithful from the shop, the owner mentioned the vent hose on the TTB was broken, so I put a new piece of 12mm polyurethane tubing on it and ran it up into the motor bay. Need to do the rear too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I didn't get anything but the lower and it was mostly loose. I guess someone needed the upper. The 96' I saw had not been touched. I'll get the upper and the heads if no one else has.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice looking brick nose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks biggum! It’s been a blast this far.

My tire cover came in today, but the piping was tan instead of black :/ I originally ordered from their website and it is a $10 option. I emailed sparecover and am waiting for a response. It is a very nice quality cover and fits great (didn’t notice piping until I installed it).

·
Haunted
735 Posts
Thanks biggum! It’s been a blast this far.

My tire cover came in today, but the piping was tan instead of black :/ I originally ordered from their website and it is a $10 option. I emailed sparecover and am waiting for a response. It is a very nice quality cover and fits great (didn’t notice piping until I installed it).
I ordered a cover, last night. Had been wondering where I might find one so thanks, YD. :thumbup

·
Haunted
735 Posts
Credit to joedirt216 for sending me that direction. Spare tire got back with me quickly and after hours at that. Told me to send the cover in and they’ll get the correct one out to me.
Well then thanks to joedirt216, too.

Nice looking cover you've got there!

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
I feel like a little kid because I happened across a soft topper for sale on Craigslist. Guy I bought it from got it when he bought his bronco 3 1/2 years ago. Said he'd never installed it and finally decided he should just sell this. He looked up bronco soft tops to find the prices. He found the rampage so he thought it was a $500 top, and priced it accordingly. So, I got it at a steal because this would be $910 if I bought new.

And, the guy was nice enough to hold it for me for 2 days so I could drive 4 1/2 hours from Dallas to Tulsa to pick it up. He said his wife's phone had been blowing up for this thing. But they held it because I contacted them first.

Just got back. 11 hours total. Took my wife and son with me. An afternoon road trip just for fun.

·
Premium Member
34,862 Posts
I ordered a cover, last night. Had been wondering where I might find one so thanks, YD. :thumbup
Well then thanks to joedirt216, too.
Nice looking cover you've got there!
FWIW, another "THANKS" :thumbup :beer for @joedirt216
I got mine a few days ago and I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more.
Went with the black/white, for obvious reasons.

After having a spare tire pop, sitting on the rear rack in the sun... I figure it's a solid investment that looks cool too.
Pics to come after install... of course. ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I failed smog a few weeks ago.. failing EVAP test. I bought a smoke tester for leaks.. found a leak at the fuel tank vent tube. I just plugged it up and it Passed :eek:hyeah:. Here in California I feel like I'm on borrowed time every time I get it to pass. More than half the time it fails.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Added a usb port and aux input to my new stereo system and wired in a power port on my Expedition console. Gotta have an extra power plug for the Moab trip ( CB ).

Swapped out a 95 amp alternator for a 130 amp upgrade.

Cleaned her up a bit, getting ready for the trip out west....:egyptian

·
Registered
128 Posts
Reattached the passenger armrest but now it gets tight spots... I think I might be missing some hardware... is there more than just the bolt and the washer that clips onto it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Reattached the passenger armrest but now it gets tight spots... I think I might be missing some hardware... is there more than just the bolt and the washer that clips onto it?

Iirc my 89 EB seats had a nylon spacer (about as thick as a garden hose gasket) between the armrest and seat. So seat, nylon washer, armrest, clip washer, bolt. The center of the nylon washer was wide enough for the shoulder of the armrest bolt to pass through. It’s purpose seems to be to provide dry lubrication at the hinge. I made one from a nylon washer kit from the zone. Had to bore the center out a little with a step bit and clean up with razor blade.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,402 Posts
Fixed the clutch, tuned the carb, and took it for a spin for the first time in over a year. Drove it 4 miles: more than it's been driven in almost 3 years!

Moab, HERE I COME!!!! :gears:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Iirc my 89 EB seats had a nylon spacer (about as thick as a garden hose gasket) between the armrest and seat. So seat, nylon washer, armrest, clip washer, bolt. The center of the nylon washer was wide enough for the shoulder of the armrest bolt to pass through. It’s purpose seems to be to provide dry lubrication at the hinge. I made one from a nylon washer kit from the zone. Had to bore the center out a little with a step bit and clean up with razor blade.

Just my luck, turned the truck inside out and can’t find the nylon washer.... guess I’ll hit up the parts store.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,402 Posts
Just my luck, turned the truck inside out and can’t find the nylon washer.... guess I’ll hit up the parts store.

One side of my 94 had a cable attached that I think lifted the arm rest when the seat was folded forwards. But were digging ten years into my memory and I dont know which side it was.

17381 - 17400 of 18668 Posts