Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17421 - 17440 of 18668 Posts

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,464 Posts
Went to have brake pads replaced at a local shop.

JUST. BRAKE. PADS.

$850+ quote.....:histerica :banghead

I asked which jeweler are they getting the gold-plated pads from...

Broke out my Chilton and Haynes repair manuals I did the job myself (with my son's help).
I have a feeling, regardless of telling them that all you want's a pad slap, they were gonna throw a bunch of other parts at it anyway. If they did not give you an itemized, computer printed, estimate, then yeah, run like Hell. I fricking hate unscrupulous shops. All they should've done was put a disclaimer that you sign that says, "Customer-requested repair." That removes any liability from them.

Edit: I'm gonna be visiting family in the Panhandle sometime in June or July; where are you located again?

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,617 Posts
I have a feeling, regardless of telling them that all you want's a pad slap, they were gonna throw a bunch of other parts at it anyway. If they did not give you an itemized, computer printed, estimate, then yeah, run like Hell. I fricking hate unscrupulous shops. All they should've done was put a disclaimer that you sign that says, "Customer-requested repair." That removes any liability from them.

Edit: I'm gonna be visiting family in the Panhandle sometime in June or July; where are you located again?
You're in my neighborhood; it was Commercial Tire.

They didn't used to be that way, but apparently they've changed their business model:

No matter what service you want; they give you a WHOLE rebuild/repair estimate. :madder

I'm next to the capital; in Meridian.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just got back from the pick n pull. That 96 exploder was still there and the motor was untouched. I didn't see any sign of a wreck so is the engine or trany blown?
So I figured I'd pull the heads anyway. Worst case, they could be cracked.
So what did I find? #1 cylinder, apparently the rod must have broke because the Piston was beat to hell. A bit of maring on the combustion chamber area but the valves aren't bent. Overall the heads are fine. I'll send them off to my machinest for a resurface and 3 angle valve job.
I got those and the upper intake to go with the lower I got last month. I saw a old mustang GT so I thought I'd see if the ecm was still there. It was. A9L ecm 91 model. So I can do sefi and mass air if I choose to.
I'll post pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Went down to Oreillys and picked up a new water temp sensor for the 88. Then I got to thinking! The bug/rock deflector on the 93 is cracked! It's got a lifetime warranty! I had them look it up in my history on their computer. Sure enough, I bought one in 2015. They had one in stock, so I grabbed it for FREE! Went home and put it on. Without that ugly thing, the paint on the front of the hood I had repainted a year ago would look like ass! So I live with it... I'll do the temp sensor on the 88 tomorrow...:thumbup

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Been having some issues, out of tune. So, I installed air/fuel ratio Gauge. Worth the money. Carb was way too lean. Discovered fuel pump pressure too high. Found my son can’t gap a plug worth a dam. Electrode practically touching ground - maybe .010” gap? Changed mechanical advance springs in my dizzy, so full advance pulls in at 4000 rpm. She runs like a champ. A little rich under full throttle. Got to change the primary metering rods, but it drives a thousand times better now.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,617 Posts
Replaced dying starter.

While I was at it; replaced the starter relay as well.

·
Premium Member
34,862 Posts
FWIW, another "THANKS" :thumbup :beer for @joedirt216
I got mine a few days ago and I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more.
Went with the black/white, for obvious reasons.

After having a spare tire pop, sitting on the rear rack in the sun... I figure it's a solid investment that looks cool too.
Pics to come after install... of course. ;)
If this thing holds up 1/2 as well as I expect it will, based on the quality and fit, you can't beat it for $70 shipped. :beer
Looks a hell of a lot better to boot! :thumbup Yep... as promised!

Thanks again. I'm very happy with the money spent and I'm a cheap, broke bastard. :toothless

Too bad it doesn't say "FULLSIZE", instead of "FORD". ;) :rockon

·
Registered
432 Posts
Got the new parts washer put together and filled with parts cleaner solution. LH Spindle, hub and axle stub soaking.

Later on got the races driven out of the hub, but the spindle bearing put up a fight - so I need to pick up a better slide hammer setup. Any excuse for new tools. :histerica

·
Registered
128 Posts
Figured out my armrest, JY rest had one of the thick metal washers jammed down into the foam hole, it kept the shoulder on the bolt from going all the way through. Removed that and all is good, wife is happy to have it functional again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Still making our way home from Moab. Yesterday, replaced the oil pressure sensor in the rain and snow at the KOA in Buffalo, WY. Gauge was fluctuating and reading really low at times. Works great now. Today, was scouting an area to ride the Rzr here in the Badlands and damn near got the Bronco stuck in the clay/mud crap here. Won't be taking the Rzr in there.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Did this yesterday but I was too pooped to post afterwards. Swapped in 4 new ball joints, 2 front axle u-joints and an outer tie rod end.
I still had my receipt for my lifetime Moog ball joints from 10 years ago so after I returned the old ball joints the total cost for parts was $65. :twotu:

17421 - 17440 of 18668 Posts