Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17441 - 17460 of 18655 Posts

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,464 Posts
No wonder max AC doesn’t work.
That must be a pattern failure item. From Dad's F150 and my dear departed Eddie, through all my Ford-owning customers, those danged clips just seem to evaporate, and the darned joint won't stay together without it.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Finished up AC. New resistor came today. Old one was rusted but ohm test on old one was same as new one. Put in new blower motor, washed the crap off evaporator and hooked up vacuum line for blend door servo motor. Blows hard, cold and now when I put her on max air the blend door shuts to recirculate cabin air. Volume of air picks up like it should now going from normal AC to max. Summertime.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
While out in Moab I acquired a rattle in my drivers door with all of the flexing and twisting out on the trails. I was afraid some kind of mechanism came loose and was flopping around inside the door. Every time I closed the door I could hear something rattling inside.

I took off the door panel and started my investigation into the noise maker. I was able to get my arm down inside the door panel and reach the bottom of most of the door. I found out what was causing my rattle....

I had to employ my shop vac to get all of the debris that was in my door out. Fortunately I was able to reach everything and get it all out.

I guess all of the Moab bouncing around shook this stuff loose from where it had been riding for the last three years. Glad it was a simple job and nothing had worked loose.

Put her back together and I am rattle free now :thumbup

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,269 Posts
i try to follow this thread so when i post i am not just posting about myself. i'm not very good at it...

i bought another bronco yesterday. the plan is to do some work to it and sell it for a profit. we'll see. i've lovingly named it
"silver". which is a reference to the lone ranger's horse - silver.

i've considered making a thread for it as i go through, as much for my reference as anyone's. we'll see on that, too.

on the way home

at home

the FS pictures. i almost didn't even ask because of the passenger wheel well. however, that's easily the worst part. the interior is really nice as far as stock interiors go. and the wheel well really does betray the rest of the vehicle. the frame looks as good as, if not better than, my bronco which was in AZ for most of its life until i brought it to north texas.

the FS pictures

and the wheel well

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
i try to follow this thread so when i post i am not just posting about myself. i'm not very good at it...

i bought another bronco yesterday. the plan is to do some work to it and sell it for a profit. we'll see. i've lovingly named it
"silver". which is a reference to the lone ranger's horse - silver.

i've considered making a thread for it as i go through, as much for my reference as anyone's. we'll see on that, too.

on the way home

at home

the FS pictures. i almost didn't even ask because of the passenger wheel well. however, that's easily the worst part. the interior is really nice as far as stock interiors go. and the wheel well really does betray the rest of the vehicle. the frame looks as good as, if not better than, my bronco which was in AZ for most of its life until i brought it to north texas.

the FS pictures

and the wheel well
This would definitely be a woods truck if I owned it. I found myself wishing my truck was not in as good of shape as it is now while I was in Moab. I wanted to get down and dirty with alot of the other guys but was afraid to mess up my nice fenders and such. A truck like this would be a great woods truck....

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
was buttoning up my ball joint repair and i cannot get that c washer or snap ring to seat flush on the end of the axle spline...any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
was buttoning up my ball joint repair and i cannot get that c washer or snap ring to seat flush on the end of the axle spline...any suggestions.
Take a big screwdriver or thin-ish prybar and put it in the axles u-joint. Push the axle outward and you’ll be able to install the snap rings.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Take a big screwdriver or thin-ish prybar and put it in the axles u-joint. Push the axle outward and you’ll be able to install the snap rings.
Thanks, but I see where its supposed to go just can't get it to sit flush so the hub assembly slides into place, if that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
3,269 Posts
FSB flipper now huh? Hope it plays and pays out well for ya bud. :thumbup
just trying to hustle any way i can. i don't know that i'll be able to do it more than once seeing how it took me nearly 2 months to find this one.

This would definitely be a woods truck if I owned it. I found myself wishing my truck was not in as good of shape as it is now while I was in Moab. I wanted to get down and dirty with alot of the other guys but was afraid to mess up my nice fenders and such. A truck like this would be a great woods truck....

i plan to fix the fender as best i can. if i can't weld in a replacement panel, then..."i know a guy" who can. but this is perfect for mixed use, for sure.

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Yo,
My much- better-half told me that she couldn't turn the tailgate key either way, but was able to lower & raise glass with cab switch. I went out and sprayed powdered graphite into the cylinder and on the key, but couldn't turn key.
Kept inserting graphite, but no go.

Ford recommends"Penetrating Lubricant E8AZ-19A501-B or equivalent commercial product is used to eliminate sticking or binding of all key lock cylinders."

I sprayed some PB Blaster in, let it sit for an hour, but no difference.

If recall correctly , the cylinder has a weep hole on underside. May need to pull cylinder and inspect entire cylinder/switch mechanism.

The cylinder cost is $39.95 @ NPD. OUCH!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Watching the tracking for delivery of my replacement hub for the '95. 2 day shipping (extra) from Rock Auto was STILL $85 cheaper than ordering it from NAPA. Hope to get both races installed, rotor pressed on, inner bearing and seal installed and that way everything is ready for install and hopefully start on it Wednesday after work. Not being able to fit the lifted 95 in my shop is a PAIN. I'm seriously considering going to the junkyard or checking CL or Facebook marketplace and buying some TINY tires and rims that will bolt on so I can fit it in the shop.

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Watching the tracking for delivery of my replacement hub for the '95. 2 day shipping (extra) from Rock Auto was STILL $85 cheaper than ordering it from NAPA. Hope to get both races installed, rotor pressed on, inner bearing and seal installed and that way everything is ready for install and hopefully start on it Wednesday after work. Not being able to fit the lifted 95 in my shop is a PAIN. I'm seriously considering going to the junkyard or checking CL or Facebook marketplace and buying some TINY tires and rims that will bolt on so I can fit it in the shop.
Yo CT,
See f you can rent a Hydraulic Wheel Dolly such as Sunex Tools https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-Tools-1500-Pound-Hydraulic-Wheel/dp/B019MJFQJO
Seen a few at local yards and local shops.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yo CT,
See f you can rent a Hydraulic Wheel Dolly such as Sunex Tools https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-Tools-1500-Pound-Hydraulic-Wheel/dp/B019MJFQJO
Seen a few at local yards and local shops.
Problem is getting those small casters / wheels over the lip from the black top to the concrete in my shop. I thought about picking up wheel dollies at Harbor Freight, I've used them before to move a project vehicle up against the wall for the room to work on something else.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
About a month ago, I used the F150 and the winch to pull the bronco over to the side of the garage where the welder is. My crossmember had cracked where the pivot drop bracket was attached on the passenger side. Since the engine is out, I figured now would be the time to fix it.

I also beefed up the drop bracket by adding a 'gusset' and a piece of angle, so now, instead of only 4 bolts holding it on, it has 7.

Today, I put the pivot bolt back in and winched it back around the house and into its normal spot on the driveway.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Driving the 88 home from work tonight. On HY2 there is a farmhouse on a corner that always seems to have something for sale out in a field. Today there is what looked to me was a 78 or 9 Bronco! It looked pretty beat and I thought of taking a pic. But as it is I just got this Moto G7 and am still trying to figure out how to download pics to my computer. It seems I have to get an "app" to store pics in and move everything from the camera to the app. Then I can download pics. OR! I'll just toss my Samsung in the cooler and take a pic with that!:thumbup What kind of goddamn do they sell where you can't download pics? I can surely tell you, it's the Motorola G7!!!:banghead

17441 - 17460 of 18655 Posts