Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17461 - 17480 of 18541 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Driving the 88 home from work tonight. On HY2 there is a farmhouse on a corner that always seems to have something for sale out in a field. Today there is what looked to me was a 78 or 9 Bronco! It looked pretty beat and I thought of taking a pic. But as it is I just got this Moto G7 and am still trying to figure out how to download pics to my computer. It seems I have to get an "app" to store pics in and move everything from the camera to the app. Then I can download pics. OR! I'll just toss my Samsung in the cooler and take a pic with that!:thumbup What kind of goddamn do they sell where you can't download pics? I can surely tell you, it's the Motorola G7!!!:banghead
This is what I got when I googled. I don't know if it's exactly what you have, but maybe it'll help.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-224170/

·
Registered
430 Posts
Got the new hub in. It comes with new bearing races installed. Confirmed they are the same PT# as the ones that came with my Timken bearing sets. Got it cleaned out (machine oil) inner bearing packed / installed, cavity greased, inner wheel seal installed and used the new wheel studs to get the rotor pressed on the hub. Everything ready to go back together FINALLY.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Well I drove home from work tonight and got up to the farm where the old Bronco was for sale yesterday. I downloaded a picture app called "keepsafe" for my pictures on the G7. I transferred the pics from the camera into it and was ready to pull off the road and click a pic of this rig and post it here. It was GONE! As I drove past the place I could see the front of it poking out from behind a barn. Did someone already buy it and hasn't picked it up yet? Or did the owner have second thoughts and decided to keep it? Who knows. There is a lot of rush hour traffic that goes by that place and nothing that guy has for sale last's very long there.
Thanks for the link Doosenberry. I'll check it out later!:thumbup

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,541 Posts
Finally got the rear Bilsteins installed.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,414 Posts
Mounted the roof rails and basket today while tending to a garage sale. Rails and crossbars were from a 2005 Chevy Avalanche and the basket is a Yakima rack. I have the front wind faring for the basket but the white “Yakima” letters are faded and chipping and it looks bad, so I’m leaving it off. A few 1/4” x 3” bolts, nuts, and some rubber “feet” for the bottom of a guitar amp, and here we go. I shaved off one side of the rubber foot to account for the inside ceiling of the topper.

I think it looks pretty good...

Also, just got the email that my repaired seat belt is on the way back to me. So now I’ll have BOTH rear seat belts installed. :thumbup

Edit: forgot to mention - LOTS of marine grade silicone sealant on all the drill holes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mounted the roof rails and basket today while tending to a garage sale. Rails and crossbars were from a 2005 Chevy Avalanche and the basket is a Yakima rack. I have the front wind faring for the basket but the white “Yakima” letters are faded and chipping and it looks bad, so I’m leaving it off. A few 1/4” x 3” bolts, nuts, and some rubber “feet” for the bottom of a guitar amp, and here we go. I shaved off one side of the rubber foot to account for the inside ceiling of the topper.

I think it looks pretty good...

Also, just got the email that my repaired seat belt is on the way back to me. So now I’ll have BOTH rear seat belts installed.
Heck yeah, a little BKO ingenuity goes a long way. Great job!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34,638 Posts
Well done on the install @MS88Bronc I've used similar rubberized, threaded "nuts" to install the fiberglass saddlebags on my bike and they really work to minimize damage from road vibrations over time. I think you should be very happy with your installation choices for years to come. :thumbup Of course, if you use the basket as an anchor point to lift the topper off... all bets are off. :goodfinge :toothless

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,414 Posts
Well done on the install @MS88Bronc Of course, if you use the basket as an anchor point to lift the topper off... all bets are off. :goodfinge :toothless

Lol yeah, when I pull the top, I’ll just do it the old fashioned way. This setup is NOT meant to hold up that way. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Rusty Red got a workout today.

I went to the quarry to get some road rock to fill in some pot holes. I told them 1500 lbs. Only got around 1200. Filled what holes I could and went back. Asked to make sure they gave me 1500 this time, and the loader gave me 2400. Smartass.
Went back today and got some more rock. I don't have a picture of the ticket this time, but net weight of rock was 2500lbs. If I'm not careful, one of these days I won't make it back in one piece.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Drove it yesterday to an old friend's place (we're both old lol!) to do a little shootin' in his pasture. Had a good time burning some powder, catching up, and solving the world's problems.

But, got some 'moo poo':eek: on Ol' Faithful, so when I got home I gave her a bath in the front yard. Mrs. Willis has been on me about fertilizing the yard, so I killed 2 birds with one stone :thumbup

·
Registered
928 Posts
Rails and crossbars were from a 2005 Chevy Avalanche
I like it. That's good to know what it's off of. Last year I was hunting through a local JY looking at racks I thought might work for my Bronco and the only ones I came across that were wide enough for what I wanted were from Suburbans and Tahoes. I think they're pretty similar to what you have, but longer. If I got one off of those I'd have to cut it down.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,414 Posts
I like it. That's good to know what it's off of. Last year I was hunting through a local JY looking at racks I thought might work for my Bronco and the only ones I came across that were wide enough for what I wanted were from Suburbans and Tahoes. I think they're pretty similar to what you have, but longer. If I got one off of those I'd have to cut it down.

That’s what I did on my old 88, found some suburban rails and cut them shorter. :thumbup Avalanche ones are good without any cutting.

·
Registered
928 Posts
That’s what I did on my old 88, found some suburban rails and cut them shorter. :thumbup Avalanche ones are good without any cutting.

Nice!

Guess I know what I'm doin' the next time I hit the JY. The goal was to have a roof rack and basket for camping stuff, so my dogs can ride in the very back of the Bronco.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,414 Posts
...roof rack and basket for camping stuff, so my dogs can ride in the very back of the Bronco.

Exactly. Just an FYI...the load rating on the rails and crossbars is 200 lbs (on the Avalanche). Probably a bit less on the Bronco topper.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Exactly. Just an FYI...the load rating on the rails and crossbars is 200 lbs (on the Avalanche). Probably a bit less on the Bronco topper.
Yeah that's part of why I was wanting a rack that was as wide as possible so it'd sit on the edges of the topper rather than more inboard where it can flex or crack the fiberglass.

When I bought my wife's Pilot last year it had Thule crossbars on it, which we don't use, so depending on how wide those are I may be able to spread out the rack even more if I feel the need. Last thing I want to do it wreck my 78's topper as they are not common around here and I can't just swap out a newer one.

However, judging from your pics, that Avalanche rack seems spaced pretty well. Inside the topper it's right along the seam and much further than that it'd be going down the curved part.

17461 - 17480 of 18541 Posts