Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17481 - 17500 of 18538 Posts

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,464 Posts
An idea came to me while looking at the awesome pics of these rack installs. Feel free to use them if you think it would be viable.

Cut and place squares of, say, 1/16" or slightly thicker steel, oh, 2-3" square, under each attachment point on the outside of the topper, as a way to spread the load across a wider surface area, and seal it accordingly, with paint,powder coating, and whatever spooge you see fit to use.
What'cha think?

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,409 Posts
What'cha think?

Yep - I think anything that can be done to spread the load across a larger area would be good so as to avoid damaging the fiberglass. I think a 5’ long 1/16 or 1/8 strip maybe 2” wide run from front to back on both sides in addition to the same thing run UNDERNEATH on the inside would be about the best. With the strips on the underside, you could potentially then use the roof rack as a way of lifting the topper off the truck with a hoist without breaking anything.

My rack is definitely only for “light duty.” I only see myself using it for my tent, camping chairs, cooler, and other gear not to exceed 100 pounds or so. As mentioned above, that frees up the cargo area for our canine companions! .thumbup

·
Registered
893 Posts
Replaced my downstream O2 sensor so I can pass Georgia emissions. What I did notice is.. this is the last sensor on the exhaust system.... and there is a bunch of junk after this sensor. Everything after this last O2 sensor (located after the first cat) should have nothing to do with the computer, emissions, or a check engine light.

I have always been afraid to mess with the exhaust … since we have mandatory emissions... and this is my daily driver. I will get my emissions done today and have some hack saw work this weekend. Straight pipe after downstream O2 sensor... to a cherry bomb exiting before the rear wheel. If anything goes wrong I have a year to play with before the next emission test.

No visual inspection.. no check engine light is a pass.... And beside she goes exempt after 25 years... then I will play with headers and a single high flow cat.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Kodak disposable pocket camera, made of cardboard and taken to a photo developing booth. :toothless
No downloading. :goodfinge

Probably couldn't find one if you tried these days. :brownbag

I drove mine.
I see them every once in a while actually. Usually at CVS.

I thought about what I want to do with Farmhand. My wife thinks I need to rip out all the old carpet and put down bed liner in the back and new carpet up front with the seats. I'll be sticking with the grey interior, but have plans to repaint the exterior red with a white stripe down the sides like my old pickup.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Almost finished installing two new brake lines (front ABS pump to each caliper line). The 93-94 Inline tube pre bent kit I had - turns out the lines I needed interchange with the 95-96 kit. I can tell you the ABS system on the Bronco sucks. Not how it works or doesn't work. LOCATION. You have to remove the ABS pump off the bracket to get enough room to run the 3 lines that feed into the ABS unit. And then you have to arrange them on themselves perfectly to get them all to thread in correctly. Now all I have to do is join the line from ABS pump to the RH caliper feed. The kit comes with a union. No instructions or diagrams. If you replace lines it's almost impossible to get the old lines out without tweaking them (or cutting them) and matching them up to the replacements is like doing a jigsaw puzzle after having too many beers.

TIP: There are two small connections on the ABS pump and a large connection. That will help you figure out which lines are which. Also - everything going into the ABS pump is a bubble flare.

Oh and a friend gave me a great tip - when I thought I didn't have the correct pre bent lines and was going to try and bend up a custom line. He told me to go to a Hobby shop and buy some aluminum armature wire (1/8" for example) it's used for supporting / making sculptures. It's cheap, easy to make complex bends by hand, and retains it's shape for making a template to bend a custom brake line.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,409 Posts
The very perceptive of you may have noticed the missing right rear seat belt in a previous photo.

I finally got around to sending it off for new webbing, as it was cut when I bought this rig. Well, got it back today, good as new!

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,409 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,373 Posts
Stripped out my back window, and had to quickly fix it between the massive rain storms we've been getting.
20 - 30 minutes after, with the window back up, it was a downpour!

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,409 Posts
Picked up a double cardan CV rebuild kit - pretty sure it took a dump today. Made it home after work, driving slow on back roads, knocking the whole way. Picking up three new u joints in the morning also - no need in half-assing it. I guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow! :toothless

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,409 Posts
Got my u joints. Oreillys didn’t have three spicer joints, so I picked up this Precision one also. It’s got a lifetime warranty as well so at least there’s that. I’ll put that one on the pinion yoke in case it fails it’ll be an easier fix.

For some reason I’m reminded of Tommy Boy. :histerica

·
Super Moderator
4,373 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,409 Posts
Driveshaft rebuilt with new yoke/CV ball assembly from JBG, three new Spicers, double cardan put back together, all greased up, slip shaft lubed, and installed. Test drive all good - no noise or vibration. Very relieved it wasn’t something bigger. :thumbup :goodfinge

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,464 Posts
@biggum — did you go blue?? No more beige? Or did you get a third Bronco?
At first, I thought it was Phobos' rig, then I remembered, he had cut his roof off. It's apparently the exact same shade and texture of blue!

17481 - 17500 of 18538 Posts