Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17501 - 17520 of 19788 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,197 Posts
LOL - yes, I painted the red and white 86 blue. Its Raptor Liner tinted with Ford Bright Dark Blue Metallic. And yes, I'm digging the color. I'll be redoing/painting the interior in dark grey or black.

Attachments

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,283 Posts
Looks great man! Sorry I missed that thread...I’ll have to go look for it now.

Yeah BP, the only time I get to look at the full site is at work, and work’s been busy lately. And this Tapatalk app does a decent job of showing me updates to my sub’d threads, but isn’t a good platform for browsing the forum. That, and I don’t want to be that dad who’s staring at his phone all evening around his kids. :shrug

Anyway, I liked the two tone, but blue looks good on ya!

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,196 Posts
Not much. Wednesday night is garbage night, so I have to load the big can into the back of the rusty red F150 and drive it down to the mailboxes. When I went to slam the tailgate, the passenger side 'hinge pin' broke off. So thursday over lunch, I went down the street to my favorite junkyard and pulled one. $2. Now I'm sick and don't feel like going outside and fixing it. But I probably should since I need to get some more rock for the road, and I can't very well drive around with a load of rocks and no tailgate.

·
--------------
4,352 Posts
Put these big ol' honkin buggers on. (finally)
3" x 6" x 3/16" w/
3" x 3" x 1/4" outriggers &
1/4" plate on both side of the frame.
I hope the double thick step holds up.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,197 Posts
Tore down the pass side hub etc to replace a very trashed out ujoint. Put in new wheel bearings, spindle bearing, seals, rotor while I was at it.

Thought about doing ball joints but they are good and tight and my wallet is really hurting after all my recent Bronco projects.

I was going to tackle the inner while I was there but after fighting to get the old outer ujoint out with a vise and ball joint press for about a hour I decided to wait until it demands it and at that point consider a SAS or pay someone with a lift to do it. God I sound like I’m getting old - oh wait, I am!

Going to do the other side next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
I fixed the trailer light that quit working. I've never had a problem before but last time I used a trailer (November) the driver side didn't work. I had just replaced my bumper so I figured I didn't connect something correctly with the light harness. So, I checked today and no power was coming from the signal. I got on the forum to search around and found that each trailer light function has a separate fuse. Checked, and it was a fuse. Replaced that and was good to go. So then i rented a trailer to get my brother's engine hoist and stand so I can pull the engine out of the project bronco.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Drove it to a memorial day ceremony practice and found a coolant leak. The plate on the back of the water pump is leaking at one of the bolts on the pump. Its pretty significant so I guess I will be swapping in a water pump soon.

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,196 Posts
Not much. Wednesday night is garbage night, so I have to load the big can into the back of the rusty red F150 and drive it down to the mailboxes. When I went to slam the tailgate, the passenger side 'hinge pin' broke off. So thursday over lunch, I went down the street to my favorite junkyard and pulled one. $2. Now I'm sick and don't feel like going outside and fixing it. But I probably should since I need to get some more rock for the road, and I can't very well drive around with a load of rocks and no tailgate.
Feeling better today, so after going to a flea market/gun show in the morning, I installed the 'new to me' tailgate hinge. Tools required were a T50 Torx bit, a cheater bar, and a Phillips screwdriver. I had to PB Blast the whole works in hopes that I could remove the bolts and not have to drill them out. Removing the tail light helped, both with oiling the threads, and reclaiming the 'nut plate' that it all bolted to. After I put on the mis-matched white hinge, I liberally applied grease and put the tailgate back on.

broken hinge

view from inside tail light area

broken parts removed

new hinge installed a greased

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,351 Posts
Gave mine a bath tonight. Got her cleaned up real good and prepped for a couple of new back glass decorations.

Thanks to Big Blue I followed his link he posted in the Invasion thread and got a couple of trail stickers.

I also recharged the A/C system, still trying to work out some bugs with it...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
The new rag joint for the steering column came in the mail today. Its the next big project I have to do. After driving a tiny car for so long with tight steering, I've found I don't appreciate the loose steering wheel as much. Well, its the next big project when I get it moved to the new house. I still have to fix a leaking throttle body gasket before that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had replaced the front drivers side wheel bearings a few weeks ago and had a squeal coming from the 2 piece inner wheel seal. Yesterday I took it all back apart and slathered the seals with grease and put it all back together and no more squeal. See how long that fix lasts. Also replaced the transmission cooler line with rubber hose and a brass fitting to go into the radiator. Put the felt washers on the battery terminals and sprayed with the red anti-corrosion spray. Replaced the rear wheel bearing/hub on my wifes CRV. Put up an above ground pool in my backyard. Busy weekend.Tomorrow I bring the flat bed trailer over from my buddies and fix the hub and bearing on it soo I can get it registered and haul a bunch of stuff out of here. Got to make it look nice around the pool.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,805 Posts
Just sprayed the torx bolts of the forward section of rear drive shaft with Aerokroil.

In prep to regrease slip-joint.

17501 - 17520 of 19788 Posts