Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17601 - 17620 of 19847 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,311 Posts
hey... at least it was easy to find. :toothless :whiteflag

Yep that’s true, and a cheap easy fix - can’t really complain too much. This piece looks to be a band-aid fix from the PO. It’s thin wall and not very rigid. I’ll pick up one foot of 5/8 hose for $2 and top off the coolant and should be good to go. :thumbup I actually smelled it before I saw the steam.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Rock on drive where there were none allbyhand

WELL DAMIT IS ALL I CAN SAY.. pics to follow.... I knocked a hole in my fuel tank ...

I had a 15 ton dump truck bring rock.'''.nar i say boulders (picks to follow) weighing 100 to 500 lbs .. well one half the load ended on my only drive out the rest were on point... not having a skid loader we began moving by hand and bronco....

all worked till i had to drive over a smaller one to get where i could pull it and got HIGH CENTERED ON THE FRAME... tow truck guy was wonderful and got me off gently... but the tank bounced as we moved and split the seam.

Tuesday it goes in for RR tank fix..and only 1/2 the road is open .................. FUN NEVER STOPS AT THE RANCH

Attachments

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,814 Posts
Ordered an extended length braided Bronco flex brake hose for the rear in order to confirm the hardlines fittings on my dually axle will bolt on to the flex hose that's on the Bronco now.

CONFIRMED! :beer

Some observations:
1) On the dually axle; the flex brake hose points rearward from the brake hardline 'block'.

Whereas the flex brake hose on the Bronco faces forward.

2) The brake hardline fitting is larger on the driver side than on the passenger side.

Thus causes #1.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
35,915 Posts
WELL DAMIT IS ALL I CAN SAY.. pics to follow.... I knocked a hole in my fuel tank ...
*snip*
FUN NEVER STOPS AT THE RANCH
Bummer. That's why I have an old "work" rig. :thumbup

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,708 Posts
Bummer. That's why I have an old "work" rig. :thumbup
That's a sexy lookin' workhorse right there. Look at all the things it can do!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
35,915 Posts
Thanks. :beer
If I could just figure out how to mount a bucket and a backhoe to that old Ford, I'd have it all. :toothless

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,882 Posts
Thanks. :beer
If I could just figure out how to mount a bucket and a backhoe to that old Ford, I'd have it all. :toothless
What's the sign on the door? Looks like a pic of a dog and maybe yuppers?

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,311 Posts
Replaced the failed heater hose section with a new piece. I was wrong about it being a $2 fix though, it was about $1.50 for the hose, but I had to buy 2 gallons of 50/50 coolant for $25. Filled the radiator, burped it and topped it off twice, took it for a 30 minute drive and gauge sits dead center with no fluctuation to speak of. :thumbup I guess I’ll have to smell that coolant smell until all of it burns off of the engine!

:shocked I lost about 1.5 gallons of coolant in about 2 miles (at 60mph) after the hose burst!

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,200 Posts
Cleaned up my tailgate plate ? stripease is pretty good at taking off old pin stripe tape.

Attachments

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Trying to find a coolant leak. This is maddening..
Rent, buy or borrow a Radiator Pressure Test Kit, it will make life a lot easier. :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
4,718 Posts
Upgrade my garage to handle a Bronco!

Added eye bolts to the ceiling:

When you're drilling from underneath, and there's wires stapled to the beams, you measure 15 times, and drill once.

Now I can take it off by myself.

In hindsight, I already have a list of changes I want to make. The wooden boards are really difficult to slide underneath it while it's on the Bronco. I might change them out for wide canvas straps or something easier to manage.

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,882 Posts
In hindsight, I already have a list of changes I want to make. The wooden boards are really difficult to slide underneath it while it's on the Bronco. I might change them out for wide canvas straps or something easier to manage.
Maybe lift the top with your back and slide it backwards a few inches, the run your straps or boards fore and aft; lifting from the roof rather than the sides. :shrug

·
Super Moderator
4,718 Posts
Maybe lift the top with your back and slide it backwards a few inches, the run your boards fore and aft; lifting from the roof rather than the sides. :shrug
That's what I did, and it was still a bit unwieldy.
Granted, it's the first time I did it, practice will make perfect. :thumbup

17601 - 17620 of 19847 Posts