Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17681 - 17700 of 18419 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I adjusted my steering stops. My tires already rubbed the radius arms pretty bad. I recently swapped wheels to some stock steelies and they rubbed even more.
The steering stops were rusty as hell. I had to use a little heat to loosen them so I didn't snap them off. Maine winters have not been kind to the old girl. Then I realized that if you extend them very much there is only a few threads holding them. So I went to the hardware store and got some longer grade 8 bolts and cheap nuts and made my own. Now I have almost an inch of threads holding and no more rubbing. :thumbup

Now I gotta work on my inop tailgate window. :banghead
I probably won't last a half hour on that project before I get mad and go take a nap. :toothless.
Update:
I got my inop tailgate window working yesterday. What a PITA that was. I had to climb in the back and remove the access panel and motor to get the window down to open the tailgate. The motor tested good so that led me to the safety switch on the latch. I ended up bypassing it because I never want to mess with it again. The window just stopped working from one day to the next without opening the tailgate so the safety switch had to go. Knowing my luck the flakey switch would act up again next week....and I ain't going through that again until the motor dies.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Looks like your striped her then stripped off her top.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,443 Posts
Update: I got my inop tailgate window working yesterday. What a PITA that was. I had to climb in the back and remove the access panel and motor to get the window down to open the tailgate.
I remember the hot Spring day I had to do that, finding out the window regulator was rust-frozen. On that, I unbolted the window and slid it down in order to open the tailgate. It was sooo nice getting cooler air into the rig.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
My 86 started today for the first time since 2011. It sounded good but the dash oil pressure was low. Was excited to drive it for the first time until we noticed the radiator was putting out a beautiful misty spray across the grill. New radiator on the way so we wait until Friday at the soonest. Progress.

·
Eric
2,406 Posts
Broke down and bought a crush sleeve eliminator kit for the axle I recently built. Found out that the local diff shops turn their own solid bushings on lathes and wouldn't knock one out for me based off, solely, the used crush sleeve I pulled out. It was stated they only make bushings for axles they build in-shop.

Oh well. Let's see what Jeg's sends me. The pics of the house-brand kit I bought made it look really fancy. Looks kinda like a knock-off of Yukon's "sandwiched" bushing/shim design.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,298 Posts
Just ordered the pressure hose and AN fittings from Summit for my four bolt steering gear and Saginaw upgrade that I’m finally getting ready for. Want to get that done before I trek across the state for the Bronco Takeover on the dunes in a few weeks.

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,755 Posts
What did you do to your bronco today?

Moved it out of the garage so I could get the Rhino out. Then took the wife and the "kids" to the beach.

Happy Fourth of July Everyone!

17681 - 17700 of 18419 Posts