Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

17961 - 17980 of 18661 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
They did that out of spite. Lol

Maybe, but more likely out of laziness (at least I would like to think so). Do remember these are the same folks who missed tightening them in the first place. Shoddy work begets shoddy work.

Thinking about it and reading the responses, I'm going to swap them out for shorter bolts and the correct shoulder nuts.

Catch 'em before they rust and if done a few at a time the tank won't have to be dropped.

So what did I do for my Bronco today? Searched for grade 8 nuts and bolts to remount my gas tank/skid plate. :angry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,504 Posts
Swapped in some remflex gaskets while waiting at my daughters soccer practice.think I found my leak(s)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In my experience with headers, if they don’t leak, just wait a while. Glad you found it though!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Swapped in some remflex gaskets while waiting at my daughters soccer practice.think I found my leak(s)!

You deserve extra credit for efficient use of time! Hope you have the leak sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,418 Posts

Remflex makes a great gasket! I have them on my 300.
Your exhaust/intake literally sinks into them, so you don't have to retorque them, and they create their own seal.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,504 Posts
New headlights, marker lights, and turn signal lights installed. FYI, it’s easier to just pull the whole damn front bezel and do everything - and the battery and reservoir too. Lights fit OK for Taiwanese pieces - one small area slightly askew but not terrible. Looks lots better though. Harness and new zXe bulbs are in also - using the relays that came with it for now until I add the aux lights coming soon, when I’ll use better relays for these and the aux lights. Tonight I will aim the lights and post a pic of how they look at night.

EDIT:
The rain rolled in so I didn’t have a chance to aim the lights against the garage door, but here’s a pic taken in a little rain. Definitely a lot better than before! The lights are definitely white and not yellow/orange and I swear the other lights are brighter too!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
What'd I do to my bronco today? Got it all covered in dirt, dust n crud edging the gd yard :madder Maybe some day I'll have a garage she fits in :shrug:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
New headlights, marker lights, and turn signal lights installed. FYI, it’s easier to just pull the whole damn front bezel and do everything - and the battery and reservoir too. Lights fit OK for Taiwanese pieces - one small area slightly askew but not terrible. Looks lots better though. Harness and new zXe bulbs are in also - using the relays that came with it for now until I add the aux lights coming soon, when I’ll use better relays for these and the aux lights. Tonight I will aim the lights and post a pic of how they look at night.

They look GREAT @MS88Bronc Exactly what I want to do to my 82. Do u think it would still be easier to just pull the whole front bezel on mine like u did with yours to do it?
Question... What are the 2 secondary coolers on the front of your radiator for? I know ones transmission but...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts

Nice work! I ended up doing just as you did. I found Chrystal Clear headlight housings only on Ebay and put them in with the zXe bulbs. I reused the Amber blinkers and Chrome frameworks tho. Still a pain in the ass. I remember some know it all here said this was an hour and a half job! More like a 5 to 6 hour job and he'd never work on any of my stuff!
That was a few years ago and there is a Clear Coat that was sprayed on the outside of the headlights. It is just now starting to peel off! HUMMmmm.... What to do now...:popc1:

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,504 Posts
They look GREAT @MS88Bronc Exactly what I want to do to my 82. Do u think it would still be easier to just pull the whole front bezel on mine like u did with yours to do it?
Question... What are the 2 secondary coolers on the front of your radiator for? I know ones transmission but...

To be honest, I’m not sure about an 82 - I think those had glass sealed headlights? It’s probably a slightly different process.

To answer your question, the cooler with the electric fan on it is the trans cooler and the other one is for the power steering system. :thumbup

·
Man of endless projects
8,791 Posts
decided to do something my my 88 today since its been untouched since last offroad trip in march. bought a cheap boat bimini top on Amazon for 130$ and modified much shorter to fit on the bronco. poor mans version of a soft top cause im not spending $500+ on a softtop doe a truck used twice a year, but would really like some shade for the 3 day long events. i got one with rods in the back so it folds back and includes a cover for protection when folded up so it hopefully should last a good few years and can be towed at high speeds

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
there is a Clear Coat that was sprayed on the outside of the headlights. It is just now starting to peel off! HUMMmmm.... What to do now...:popc1:
Strip the rest off with some stripese and spray new clear coat on em? :shrug

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
To be honest, I’m not sure about an 82 - I think those had glass sealed headlights? It’s probably a slightly different process.

To answer your question, the cooler with the electric fan on it is the trans cooler and the other one is for the power steering system. :thumbup
Nice... I didn't know they could do coolers like that for power steering systems.

Any yeah. Glass sealed headlights.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,504 Posts
Nice... I didn't know they could do coolers like that for power steering...

The stock PS cooler looked like this - not much of a cooler:

I upgraded to this aux cooler when I did my Saginaw and 4 bolt steering gear swap. The black rubber line you see there goes to the cooler and then down below, the return line from the cooler goes through a magnetic oil filter and back to the pump.

·
Super Moderator
23,336 Posts
Yo,
Squirrels ate wiring again and left a fully constructed condo atop drive side valve cover!
Pic is after the condo was wiped out by an AGM-130 Bunker Buster Bomb.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The stock PS cooler looked like this - not much of a cooler:

I upgraded to this aux cooler when I did my Saginaw and 4 bolt steering gear swap. The black rubber line you see there goes to the cooler and then down below, the return line from the cooler goes through a magnetic oil filter and back to the pump.

Neat @MS88Bronc I presume under regular use (think of us Street Queens who do light trails) a ps cooler isn't really a major need but for someone like u who does the hard core off road it's more of a necessity? Thanks for explaining all that. Love learning from u guys :thumbup

Hey @miesk5 y'all need a heart emoji for me :grin2: sometimes a thumbs up just isn't enough to express my gratitude :thumbup (see... Just doesn't quite do it)

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,504 Posts
Neat @MS88Bronc I presume under regular use (think of us Street Queens who do light trails) a ps cooler isn't really a major need but for someone like u who does the hard core off road it's more of a necessity?

Yeah, there’s really no need to go with an auxiliary cooler for PS if most of your driving is on road. But when driving for long periods of time at speed under 15-20 mph, it’s good to have some help from the fan or an e-fan. Honestly, it’s overkill for me too since I don’t do a ton of off road driving either. But, I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. :thumbup

17961 - 17980 of 18661 Posts