Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

18601 - 18620 of 20172 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,999 Posts
Oh, and I thought I’d post this for BigBlue so he knows what thick woods in Maine look like (although those thorns he has are nasty looking!)
Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh yes, I remember those Maine Cedar swamps and Alders "down the bog" very well. Wasn't bad when I was just a "young fella" but as I got older, I hated trying to drag a deer out of 'dem 'der woods.

Reactions: biggum

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,476 Posts
So I forgot we plugged the smog hole in exhaust system when we stripped it back to the 70’s guess it vibrated enough to pop out the hole.
DF3DF1BF-C8DE-4BB8-A472-5D29E997AD3C.jpeg

Well I remembered seeing one in the bottom drawer of my tool box so this tome I drilled a hole in it and if I can remember where I put my bailing wire I’ll wire it so it can’t spin... it’s just cranked in hard right now.
157C25D4-5A54-4193-A278-80686AA41B48.jpeg

then put 20 gallons of gas in it on the way home...... ouch

Attachments

Reactions: cobrajoe

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,150 Posts
Finished up the gilmer belt setup 'cuz the 3G alternator belt wouldn't stop squealing on startup. Had to reposition the PS bracket with some tweaking. Still need to hit Tractor Supply for a smaller belt later. You can see this belt has the full adjustment and still not quite enough.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Finished up the gilmer belt setup 'cuz the 3G alternator belt wouldn't stop squealing on startup. Had to reposition the PS bracket with some tweaking. Still need to hit Tractor Supply for a smaller belt later. You can see this belt has the full adjustment and still not quite enough.

View attachment 150742
Looks almost like the timing belt we did on a Yota, It definitely won’t slip with the teeth it has now, just don’t lean in with a tie on! I’ll bet it’s got a lot more bite now. (y) Looks good!

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,150 Posts
That looks great! Maybe I should do that with my 70 amp. Where'd you get that?
kmjperformance on Ebay, shipped quick too. Had to reposition the alt as well, but I needed to anyway as the back of it was rubbing the heater hose pipe. She charges right up to 14v and not a peep out of it.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,343 Posts
Took the grandson to pick out his first Christmas tree in the Bronco
Awesome - looks like a future Bronco enthusiast and no denying he is your kin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Took the grandson to pick out his first Christmas tree in the Bronco
Gotta love grandkid time... no shit my 8 year old grandson wants a full size bronco this Christmas... “ cuz it will need fixed and grandpa can help me fix it before I can drive it” I live my grandkids

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,403 Posts
Got my rig undercoated with RustAvert, got the rear window upper run gasket replaced, and ordered the carpet for my cargo area from stock interiors ($30 off thanks to their black Friday sale ?).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Finally stopped the P/S leak caused by last shop that swapped out the steering gear and tried to over tighten connections.. I reworked with a tiny bit of red sealer in the threads and heat cured them overnight.. Success! Now for the Pan Gasket front Leak grrrr

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
0EAAF701-2C28-4E1C-A0A6-CABC7A814ABC.jpeg

redneck outside tailgate weatherstripping it’s rainy season

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror
Took it for a spin in the first snow fall of the year and ducked taped my ash tray closed. Every stop at a light it slides right out.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Put my top back on today too. Must be that time of year.

Reactions: nra1ifer
18601 - 18620 of 20172 Posts