Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

18601 - 18620 of 18680 Posts

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,920 Posts
Cursed and kicked it....
Came home from work and pulled it out of the garage to get my hunting gear ready for my trip. Picked up the plow and noticed the drivers side sitting a little low. Noticed the air bag was soft and figured there was a leak in the line. WRONG! Bag has a leak, so clicked and added a new one to the shopping cart. I run '78 F150 bags because they utilize the same offset air valve as the Bronco and they are 4" x 13" compared to the Bronco bags which are 4" x 8". Once I put the 2" spacer under it, it fits the spring pretty well.
Oh well, more work to do when I get back. :(

·
Registered
257 Posts
I Installed a Direct Fit 3G Alternator today after a 10 day fight to get a proper 3G part to install in an 1980s series bronco . Mine is 1987 EFI 5.0 ...XLT
Right off the shelf I bought this : and very happy with it.
Originally installed on 1994–1995 Mustang V8s, .5.0L & 5.8....1994–1997 Thunderbird/Cougar XR7 3.8L V6s, and 1994–2000 Mustang 3.8L V6s. NOTE CRITICAL DISTANCE BETWEEN MOUNTING TABS (6.93 inches). AutoZone’s remanufactured Duralast unit for this application is PN DL7734-6-11. https://www.autozone.com/batteries-starting-and-charging/alternator/duralast-gold-new-alternator-dlg7734-6-11/532337_0

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ain't it just the damnedest thing how those rocks just jump out under ya?
Ahh, I see you have a rock infestation there as well.

Headed out again today with my daughters. 10 year old holding a 4” group at 100yds with the 22 AR - first time shooting - not bad! 15 year old drove most of the day in the woods until we got stuck in the ice.

There is about 2” of ice forming up on all the holes and we had a ton of rain the other day so some are about bumper deep. I destroyed my power steering cooler line as that cross member was serving as the ice breaker.
Made it out though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
441 Posts
Blow something out in the old exhaust driving home from the doctors office, driving along nice and quit then bam..... sounds like im driving a Sherman tank :mad: Headed to my shop after lunch to see what let loose.

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,920 Posts
Oh, and I thought I’d post this for BigBlue so he knows what thick woods in Maine look like (although those thorns he has are nasty looking!)
Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh yes, I remember those Maine Cedar swamps and Alders "down the bog" very well. Wasn't bad when I was just a "young fella" but as I got older, I hated trying to drag a deer out of 'dem 'der woods.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So I forgot we plugged the smog hole in exhaust system when we stripped it back to the 70’s guess it vibrated enough to pop out the hole.
DF3DF1BF-C8DE-4BB8-A472-5D29E997AD3C.jpeg

Well I remembered seeing one in the bottom drawer of my tool box so this tome I drilled a hole in it and if I can remember where I put my bailing wire I’ll wire it so it can’t spin... it’s just cranked in hard right now.
157C25D4-5A54-4193-A278-80686AA41B48.jpeg

then put 20 gallons of gas in it on the way home...... ouch

Attachments

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,051 Posts
Finished up the gilmer belt setup 'cuz the 3G alternator belt wouldn't stop squealing on startup. Had to reposition the PS bracket with some tweaking. Still need to hit Tractor Supply for a smaller belt later. You can see this belt has the full adjustment and still not quite enough.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Finished up the gilmer belt setup 'cuz the 3G alternator belt wouldn't stop squealing on startup. Had to reposition the PS bracket with some tweaking. Still need to hit Tractor Supply for a smaller belt later. You can see this belt has the full adjustment and still not quite enough.

View attachment 150742
Looks almost like the timing belt we did on a Yota, It definitely won’t slip with the teeth it has now, just don’t lean in with a tie on! I’ll bet it’s got a lot more bite now. (y) Looks good!

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,051 Posts
That looks great! Maybe I should do that with my 70 amp. Where'd you get that?
kmjperformance on Ebay, shipped quick too. Had to reposition the alt as well, but I needed to anyway as the back of it was rubbing the heater hose pipe. She charges right up to 14v and not a peep out of it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Took the grandson to pick out his first Christmas tree in the Bronco
Gotta love grandkid time... no shit my 8 year old grandson wants a full size bronco this Christmas... “ cuz it will need fixed and grandpa can help me fix it before I can drive it” I live my grandkids

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Got my rig undercoated with RustAvert, got the rear window upper run gasket replaced, and ordered the carpet for my cargo area from stock interiors ($30 off thanks to their black Friday sale 👍).

18601 - 18620 of 18680 Posts