Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

18641 - 18654 of 18654 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Maybe a piece of the windage tray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I figured it out. Cam bearing number 4 decided to commit suicide and tried to take the whole engine with it. all other cam bearings were fine and i caught the destruction in time to save the engine. So new rings, gaskets, a crank, and bearings are on order.

·
Premium Member
34,846 Posts
I've got 6 of those (quad front) for a 4" lift in the For Sale section, brand new.
Another guy has a set of 4 used ones in decent shape for cheap, cheap too.

When I sell mine... I'll end up re-investing that money for a fresh set on the '95 w/a 6" lift.
I've heard so much good about them around here, over the years... I'm really looking forward to trying 'em.

The last time I did a shock swap out was on my old '89 Stoned Bronco. Bought a set of used but still excellent gas shocks from @locopny for the job and was thrilled with 'em and the deal he gave me but I was only running a 3" body lift back then.

I was going to try to paint Dad's 400M's oil pan and valve covers today but after we set everything up to do the job (tarp hanging paint space in a 10x16, mostly full ziggler shed with a Mr. Heater propane space heater), it's started snow drizzling. Humidity was up to 82% so we put it off until Friday. I love having a pole-barn shop to work in after decades of working in dirt and gravel in the open... but I'm still super jealous of you folks with a proper, insulated and climate controllable shop space. I can get 85% of work I need to done but painting, sealing and chemical storage are still a nightmare in the great PNW winter time.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,500 Posts
I've got 6 of those (quad front) for a 4" lift in the For Sale section, brand new.
Another guy has a set of 4 used ones in decent shape for cheap, cheap too.
Yeah I saw that you had a set for sale - I got a pretty sweet deal on these since I don’t need dual quad. I got the fronts from a guy (who bought the wrong PN and didn’t want to pay return shipping and restocking fee - so they’re essentially new) for $100 and got the rears on eBay for $135 shipped brand new.

I’m looking forward to getting them on. :)

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,500 Posts
Report back... I expect good things. Are you 4"?
I’m at 6” (technically 5.5” front and 4” rear I believe) with those Deavers. I’ll definitely post up when I get them on and put a few miles on them.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I’m interested to hear as well. I’m considering getting the 5.5 Deavers as well and I have the same shocks. I don’t think there will be an issue with compression but I do think that front shocks will limit your/our droop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,500 Posts
I’m interested to hear as well. I’m considering getting the 5.5 Deavers as well and I have the same shocks. I don’t think there will be an issue with compression but I do think that front shocks will limit your/our droop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hey big - I currently have Doetsch Tech shocks from JBG on the rig and I get a good bit of droop in the front. The Bilsteins have about the same extended length so I don’t expect to lose any.

I actually got a little air under the tires in this pic that shows about where full droop is.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Took TLW for a little drive in the woods before lunch and ran it through the T-case gears to be sure it’s all copasetic before we actually need it.
6A9413FF-71DC-4FA1-9352-194969E8C195.jpeg
2BD4D9E9-E729-48E1-BE5D-2A9F2C8073FD.jpeg
Salmon spawned out in the river, must have been 200-300 dead and only 2 still swimming.
81BAD47D-01A9-4DDC-A612-AFEA315CFBD6.jpeg

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Working on my "decked" system.....I have a long ways to go but it's a start...gonna be based from this but with just one drawer....

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Working on my "decked" system.....I have a long ways to go but it's a start...gonna be based from this but with just one drawer....
I have a love/hate relationship with pocket hole joinery... there always seems to be one maniacal screw that pulls the joint forward. :(

Impressive video though. Appreciate your sharing and good luck with your project!

18641 - 18654 of 18654 Posts