Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

18841 - 18860 of 18923 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Put rain x anti fog on my windows .. didn't work 😡
BroncMom, if it didnt work, it didnt work.. I've used it for years, mostly with my cars that have a more sloped windshield. On my 94 and 78, the rain goes off to the sides. On my cars & 2010 F150 it goes over the top. In my experience, apply it twice just to get established. I have been known to do the side windows. If the windshield is pitted or scratched (like my 78) the water will be slowed. I drive about 35k a year so... maybe give it another shot. Hope this helps.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,693 Posts
@BroncMom I used the RainX fog spray on the interior windows in my old 88 and it worked well for about 3-4 months and then I would re-apply it. Sorry to hear yours didn’t work out. It sucks to wipe the windshield while your driving.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
@BroncMom I used the RainX fog spray on the interior windows in my old 88 and it worked well for about 3-4 months and then I would re-apply it. Sorry to hear yours didn’t work out. It sucks to wipe the windshield while your driving.
How'd u put it on @MS88Bronc ? I followed directions like they said, sprayed on paper towel, wipe on window then use a clean paper towel for a streak free shine... I didn't do my windshield cause my front defogger works well, it's the rear and the cargo Windows, they look like looking thru London fog.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
BroncMom, if it didnt work, it didnt work.. I've used it for years, mostly with my cars that have a more sloped windshield. On my 94 and 78, the rain goes off to the sides. On my cars & 2010 F150 it goes over the top. In my experience, apply it twice just to get established. I have been known to do the side windows. If the windshield is pitted or scratched (like my 78) the water will be slowed. I drive about 35k a year so... maybe give it another shot. Hope this helps.
Thanks @Desert Bronco but this was the interior anti fog stuff, not the outside one for rain.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't know about the FogX but the I just topped off all the vehicles with RainX Deicer in the windshield washer compartment. A couple of squirts on the windshield and you don't even need your wipers. I love that stuff!

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,693 Posts
How'd u put it on @MS88Bronc ? I followed directions like they said, sprayed on paper towel, wipe on window then use a clean paper towel for a streak free shine... I didn't do my windshield cause my front defogger works well, it's the rear and the cargo Windows, they look like looking thru London fog.
In my old 88, the defroster didn’t work well due to the non-functional A/C system/dryer etc. I sprayed it on all windows directly to the glass and spread it around with microfiber cloths IIRC. I also applied RainX to the outside of the glass.

Side note - to get the best streak-free cleaning of glass, try using newspaper instead of paper towel. It’s an old bar/restaurant trick (I spent all of college bar-tending/bouncing). Newspaper and windex (with ammonia) works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I'm usually a white vinegar on glass kinda gal @MS88Bronc but i will try the spraying directly on the glass then the microfiber then the newspaper thing, see if it helps 👍 thanks ☺

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,693 Posts
I'm usually a white vinegar on glass kinda gal @MS88Bronc but i will try the spraying directly on the glass then the microfiber then the newspaper thing, see if it helps thanks
The newspaper thing was just an aside - I’m not sure if ammonia Windex on top of anti fog would be a good thing or not. I was just talking in general for glass cleaning lol. Try the spraying anti fog on the glass liberally and wiping it down with microfiber first. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
This sounds like something useful during monsoon season here in Arizona because the wipers don't last long with the heat.

On another note, this weekend I did all of the tie rods on my 95. It took me a long time because I was planning on only doing the inner and drag link but was having a hard time. After watching some videos and decided to replace them all and after removing the putter, it was alot easier to remove the rest. I went to get an alignment but they showed me where my steering box had play on the pitman arm so I'll do that next. I'm not sure I can pull that off though so I might take it to my uncle later this week.

·
Man of endless projects
8,875 Posts
pulled the engine from the 96 this weekend and disassembled it. was really hopingit was jsut top end damage. boy was i wrong. goodbye 425ci Windsor........

pretty much everything is ruined. for the crank to still be spun over, i never seen an engine with as much damage
timing chain broke

cam timing gear broken in half. cam pin sheared. cam retainer plate shattered

7 of 8 exhaust valves bent and stuck wide open

one thrown rod. one mangled rod. rings on thrown rod shattered

crankshaft rod journal worn 0.070" down

lower cylinder walls broken

windage tray and oil pan torn

almost nothing on the block is salvageable. bolts, rocker arms, and surprisingly pushrods are all that made it. sad day. guessing it had a spun bearing for a long time for the journal to have that much wear. would expect to see low oil pressure and scorching on hte crank and rod but did not. never made any knocking noise till right before the failure

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
pulled the engine from the 96 this weekend and disassembled it. was really hopingit was jsut top end damage. boy was i wrong. goodbye 425ci Windsor........

pretty much everything is ruined. for the crank to still be spun over, i never seen an engine with as much damage
timing chain broke

almost nothing on the block is salvageable. bolts, rocker arms, and surprisingly pushrods are all that made it. sad day. guessing it had a spun bearing for a long time for the journal to have that much wear. would expect to see low oil pressure and scorching on hte crank and rod but did not. never made any knocking noise till right before the failure

Wowzers. And I thought my implosion on my old 460 was bad.

·
Premium Member
35,063 Posts
Side note - to get the best streak-free cleaning of glass, try using newspaper instead of paper towel. It’s an old bar/restaurant trick (I spent all of college bar-tending/bouncing). Newspaper and windex (with ammonia) works like a charm.
The town I grew up in and out of is a carlot town. I must have worked at least 5 different dealerships growing up. Every one used the same old trick.

Kingfish... dude. Damn. When you jack sh!t up... you really go all the way.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This sounds like something useful during monsoon season here in Arizona because the wipers don't last long with the heat.

On another note, this weekend I did all of the tie rods on my 95. It took me a long time because I was planning on only doing the inner and drag link but was having a hard time. After watching some videos and decided to replace them all and after removing the putter, it was alot easier to remove the rest. I went to get an alignment but they showed me where my steering box had play on the pitman arm so I'll do that next. I'm not sure I can pull that off though so I might take it to my uncle later this week.
Yep. I live in Vegas and work in AZ 3 weeks a month so I know the monsoon deal. You'll need a hefty pitman arm removal tool. Look to rent/borrow/borrow the "cup" style as it grasps more of the old arm. It will be tough to remove.

timing chain broke

@Kingfish999

It sure is a drag when the "Fun Stuff" breaks.
What did that 425 start life as & how long did it last ?
Dang! Lots of stuff to hang on the wall of shame

18841 - 18860 of 18923 Posts