Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

18881 - 18900 of 18923 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,063 Posts
Moved mine out of the way, twice. Spent the day plowing in the old F250, while the little lady was pushin' white slop around on the quad. Probably end up the same tomorrow, maybe Monday. Winter took it's sweet time coming around up here but it came hard and will likely last a good while now.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Picked up a filter and oil for the next change...

It's almost 4:00 AM in Central Virginia and it's 68° outside... 40° above average. Can you send a little of that winter our way Pepe?

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,060 Posts
It was upper 60's here this weekend, so I took advantage. Adjusted the new rear brakes as the pedal was too spongy, work great now. Caught a whiff of coolant early in the week when I was running the heater, so I checked it out. Damp carpet when I went to lean under the dash. The PO yanked the OE heater setup and put in an aftermarket one... fan, core, and 2 flex hoses. One stuffed into the defrost tunnel, and one into a box at the the top of the tranny tunnel that's a b&tch to reach if you want to close it for defrost. Anyway, pulled it out and the core has a corrosion spot. Ordered another setup from Jegs, and looped the hoses for now. Lady starts her new job Monday, so I will pull the carb this week and see why the secondaries aren't opening. (she won't be around to ask for "quality time") :censored:

·
Registered
539 Posts
68°... took advantage of the nice weather to burn the pallet the crate engine came on.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yesterday, I worked on my Bronco without actually touching it, if that's possible. I used my spot weld cutter to help remove the extra material from the driver's side rear quarter panel I cut off a JY Bronco a month ago. After I cut out the unneeded waste material, I washed it down and set it aside. Need to do the same to the passenger side panel. I'm not good at body work, but I'm learning a few things here and there. I will have to practice welding some scrap pieces together before trying the real thing.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Been getting some more work done on the Quick Fuel 450/Offy swap and the serpentine set-up. Made a throttle cable bracket and got the throttle cable from a F250 hooked up today. Also flushed out the condenser coil while it was off in prep to (hopefully) get the A/C going later. Went to U-pull and Pray (hat tip @BikerPepe`) Monday and got 3 serpentine belts to try after the 94" belt I bought didn't fit. I got a 95, 95.5 and a 96 and I think all 3 will work. I'm leaving the air pump off so the stock size wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Finally got around to doing the out of state title transfer. Colorado required that I have a vin verification ran ($14.65) and then presented the Texas title, filled out a fact statement saying it was a gift from my dad in Texas and I received my 60 day Colorado temp plate. I have to (finger's crossed) pass an emissions test ($25) and then plates and registration should only be around $80 - Feels good to not have to roll dirty : )

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,693 Posts
Finally got around to doing the out of state title transfer. Colorado required that I have a vin verification ran ($14.65) and then presented the Texas title, filled out a fact statement saying it was a gift from my dad in Texas and I received my 60 day Colorado temp plate. I have to (finger's crossed) pass an emissions test ($25) and then plates and registration should only be around $80 - Feels good to not have to roll dirty : )
Nice! Be sure to pull codes before your test and make sure you don’t have any emissions issues before you get tested. They may rerun your test for free if you fail, but it will at least save you time if you don’t have to go back!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice! Be sure to pull codes before your test and make sure you don’t have any emissions issues before you get tested. They may rerun your test for free if you fail, but it will at least save you time if you don’t have to go back!
The old girl passed with flying colors! She is 100% tagged, titled and licensed - all together I ended up $130 out of pocket - really happy and can’t wait to hit some local trails

18881 - 18900 of 18923 Posts