Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

18901 - 18920 of 19305 Posts

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,222 Posts
The old girl passed with flying colors! She is 100% tagged, titled and licensed - all together I ended up $130 out of pocket - really happy and can’t wait to hit some local trails
Congrats Jermy.
Your in luck on trail runs coming up nearby.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I hit a deer last night. The winch bumper took all of it like a lollipop. Sheriff pulled up right after and helped me load it in the back. I wrapped the snout with some paper towels and put a grocery bag over the head to keep blood off the carpet. @canuckistan97 helped me clean it when I got home. All deboned and ready to get ground up.

I think it might’ve knocked my alignment out slightly. I could hear more tire noise when turning and it seemed to dart in when I got close to full lock. I’ll have to bring it to ford and get it checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,220 Posts
I hit a deer last night. The winch bumper took all of it like a lollipop. Sheriff pulled up right after and helped me load it in the back. I wrapped the snout with some paper towels and put a grocery bag over the head to keep blood off the carpet. @canuckistan97 helped me clean it when I got home. All deboned and ready to get ground up.

I think it might’ve knocked my alignment out slightly. I could hear more tire noise when turning and it seemed to dart in when I got close to full lock. I’ll have to bring it to ford and get it checked.

Ok, the name of this thread is "What did you do to your Bronco today"......

Seems your post is about what the deer did to your Bronco....

Just kidding, glad you didn't tear it up. Hope it is just an alignment.

🦌🚙

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,864 Posts
Replaced the instrument panel lights (5) on my 86' with LEDs.

What a HUGE difference. Took about an hour and cleaned up the area while I had the dash open.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Is the only thing u did was change the bulb @aintskeerd ?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Got the '96 backed up next to the shop - it's giving up it's engine for the '95. The '96 hadn't been fired in over a year. Put a charged batter in it and it fired up without any noises, smoke or drama..well beyond the fact the only functioning brakes is the E Brake. Got it backed in a spot so I can yank it out and still get in and out of the shop and garage.

·
Eric
2,560 Posts
I tell people that I "go hunting in the Bronco." You sir, have taken it to the next level entirely. LOL!

Also, just got word back from my machine shop. After a month of searching, they finally found a set of replacement GT40 heads with thermactor ports. Time to get that motor build rolling again. So stoked...

·
Eric
2,560 Posts
Today, yeah. When the dash is barley visible at night, this is an easy fix for anyone.

Do you happen to know if the bulbs for an '88 dash are the same? I've converted a few other lights in the BKO to LED and love 'em.

Also, double-post, but for a very good reason. 😁

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you happen to know if the bulbs for an '88 dash are the same? I've converted a few other lights in the BKO to LED and love 'em.

Also, double-post, but for a very good reason.
I think so, I get 2 bulbs when I cross reference the 88 Bronco but there are different bulbs aside from the main dashboard.

I think I had a Freudian slip, but have been thinking about beer earlier.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,079 Posts
Pulled the Holley carb off to check the secondaries as they weren't opening, and figured I'd put on the quick change spring cover while I was at it. Found the secondary plates stuck closed, past the small slot in the bore. The small screw adjuster for the plates closed position wasn't even touching the arm. Got that set right, and put in a medium spring to start with. Took it up the road for gas 'cuz I knew it was close to E, but no real room to open 'er up but it definitely feels more responsive. Idling higher tho, but I had adjusted the choke housing the day before because it was opening too soon, so I'll have to hit that again. I put a bobby pin on the diaphragm shaft for verification when I do get a chance to get on the skinny next time. Was barely 25* out this morning, so I didn't feel like d*cking with it anymore today.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Used it to replace the alternator in my daily. Put the snow camo seat covers back on. Changed the battery, then changed it back. Puzzled over what tool storage to build into the back to replace the current "cover them with a blanket" tool storage system.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,461 Posts
Puzzled over what tool storage to build into the back to replace the current "cover them with a blanket" tool storage system.

Previous owner setup this shelf in mine. I love it.
Store my road gear and tools in bins and bags under it, safe from view and still use the platform for regular loads.
Double the space and security.

Others have used everything from false floors and sliding drawers to bolted down ammo cans. The options are endless really.

·
Registered
441 Posts

Store my road gear and tools in bins and bags under it, safe from view and still use the platform for regular loads.

Others have used everything from false floors and sliding drawers to bolted down ammo cans. The options are endless really.
Any pictures from other angles? That looks great

·
Registered
108 Posts

That's basically what I have in mind. Makes a lot of sense. And secures all the stuff that might kill you during a crash.

I bought the hardware to put a sliding floor in under it too. So all the tools beneath the shelf can come out at once over the tailgate.

If I were a roadside mechanic, sliding drawers might make sense. But I prefer to have everything organized in bags, similar to you. More modular that way. And I can grab the bags I need to walk them down a dock onto a boat. Or if working on the front of the Bronco, can take whole bags the the front, not just individual tools.

Figuring out how removable I want it to be. Whether to add a lock to the tailgate. Whether to leave the stock rear seat, or if I can get more storage space by replacing it with a slim jumpseat type rear bench.

This is my only truck, so the only downside of the shelf is making it harder to move big objects. But you could make it simple to remove.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yesterday - got the '96 engine out and in the shop on the engine stand. Going to start tear down hopefully tonight. All new gaskets and seals, walnut / soda blast the bare heads, valves etc , clean the carbon off the pistons and get it installed in the '95.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,864 Posts
That's basically what I have in mind. Makes a lot of sense. And secures all the stuff that might kill you during a crash.

I bought the hardware to put a sliding floor in under it too. So all the tools beneath the shelf can come out at once over the tailgate.

If I were a roadside mechanic, sliding drawers might make sense. But I prefer to have everything organized in bags, similar to you. More modular that way. And I can grab the bags I need to walk them down a dock onto a boat. Or if working on the front of the Bronco, can take whole bags the the front, not just individual tools.

Figuring out how removable I want it to be. Whether to add a lock to the tailgate. Whether to leave the stock rear seat, or if I can get more storage space by replacing it with a slim jumpseat type rear bench.

This is my only truck, so the only downside of the shelf is making it harder to move big objects. But you could make it simple to remove.
I don't see why you'd need to modify the rear seat @MLC788 to get more usable cargo space. If u don't make the drawers any taller then the height of the back seat when it's folded down it'll actually give u a more use-able square footage footprint, especially if you affix a hinged panel that drops down over the back seat (when folded) that extends to the back of the front seats. My 99 expedition had a flap like that that covered the gap left when the seats were folded down. Gave me an extra 18 inches of uninterrupted floor space.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,461 Posts
Any pictures from other angles? That looks great
Here's a link to my Supermotors page with lots of different angles for others to consider making something similar.
If someone is seriously into it and wants other specific pics, I'm happy to oblige.

I also prefer the bins and bags, so I can remove or take along as needed. PO said it was built to house and protect the big speaker box but after a few years with it... I'd keep it around, speaker box or not. It really is a super simple setup and the pipe insulation foam sides keep it quite and protect the interior from vibration rubbing the metal frame against the plastic. To be fair... I also have a golf-cart trailer I picked up years back, so any serious loads get a ride on that. Really makes up for having a Bronco as the single use rig vs. a pickup w/a bed... plus it's much lower and tilt deck for easy on/off. Of course, you need a place to store it when it's not needed. I still have my '73 F250 w/a flatbed and spot for a goose-neck hitch but that C6 and long highway trips just feels so rough on the rig and I rely on it heavily for winter plowing, so prefer to avoid using it like that often.

18901 - 18920 of 19305 Posts