Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

19021 - 19040 of 19121 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Yo,
We have a new Nazi Squirrel leader that mounted another wiring assault overnight despite counter measuressuch as powdered cayenne pepper, peppermint abstract, apple cider vinegar.
All spread around and more in a plastic bag with drippy holes hung over driver side valve cover and cross member.
View attachment 153754

One pic for example. That is the cayenne pepper, not rust.

BTW, bag is removed before driving.
Awaiting squirrel, etc trap today. Will relocate any prisoners.
Considering high voltage next.
My low budget farmer friend swears by this stuff. He has rusty old vehicles and equipment that are easy for vermin to get into. Never has a problem with this in there. 2 miles away, rats got my explorer twice.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/fresh-cab-1-botanical-rodent-repellant-10-oz

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well done @Frank Lanzisera. Ive got this on my to-do as well. I did the front doors but i cant seem to stop driving it long enough to tear out the back and clean all the grime. I figure itll take a bit.

Did you do the truck bed too or just sides?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,220 Posts
Yo,
We have a new Nazi Squirrel leader that mounted another wiring assault overnight despite counter measuressuch as powdered cayenne pepper, peppermint abstract, apple cider vinegar.
All spread around and more in a plastic bag with drippy holes hung over driver side valve cover and cross member.
View attachment 153754

One pic for example. That is the cayenne pepper, not rust.

BTW, bag is removed before driving.
Awaiting squirrel, etc trap today. Will relocate any prisoners.
Considering high voltage next.
Saw this today and thought of you buddy.

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
Saw this today and thought of you buddy.
Yo Pepe',
Thanks! However, our little bastards don't ask before entering.😎
I opened the hood this morning and found more leaves on driver side rocker cover. What bother me was that they partially removed the spiral wrap from the coil. They've been studying Automotive Basic Electricity⚠
We just placed a trap outside and will soon begin a reverse illegal immigrant move.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,817 Posts
Yo Pepe',
Thanks! However, our little bastards don't ask before entering.
I opened the hood this morning and found more leaves on driver side rocker cover. What bother me was that they partially removed the spiral wrap from the coil. They've been studying Automotive Basic Electricity
We just placed a trap outside and will soon begin a reverse illegal immigrant move.
I used to trap animals for a living when I lived in Atlanta many moons ago. I always found that when using live traps, placing creamy peanut butter mixed with a little mineral oil (to keep it from drying out too quickly) and sprinkled with UNSALTED whole sunflower seeds on the trigger paddle worked best for luring those little tree rats into the trap.

On the other hand, I also used humane lethal traps called Koro traps. Btw, in the trapping world, “humane” means painless, not “keep then alive” lol. Standard rat snap traps don’t have enough power for squirrels - these work great. They have a small trigger paddle also like live traps do.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,129 Posts
Cut some parts out for my front bumper that I will be putting on soon. I have the Affordable offroad front bumper that I will be doing another write up on. Hopefully it will go much quicker than the back bumper did since I wont have near the amount of fab work to do on it.

I got the bumper to do and hopefully I can squeeze in some rock sliders in before Moab. 🤞

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,067 Posts
Looked at it yesterday, several times. Like I did all week. Weather sucked. Have to start it up today and refresh my head on what I want to do next. More rain in the forecast this week. :mad:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was having issues with my battery draining in a day or two. I had swapped in am optima several weeks ago when I sold my 1st gen Tundra thinking it’d be better than the interstate in there. Tested all circuits and couldn’t find more than a 3 mA draw which is plenty in spec. On a hunch I threw the interstate back in. A week of sitting and it fired right up. Woo boo!

Now I’ve gotta go see if the optima is under warranty at the zone.

Edit: warranty expired in December :doh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've had the best luck with Interstate but never wanted to pay out top $ for Optima.
I will say the Optima red that was in my '95 when I got it has held up well, fwiw. Must be an older one.
My old AutoZone battery was under warranty so the optima only cost me lik $80 at the time. Went ahead and tried it. Lasted 3 years. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten more than 4 years out of any battery I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19021 - 19040 of 19121 Posts