Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

19081 - 19100 of 19802 Posts

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
242 Posts
What code were you chasing to replace the DPFE sensor? I’m planning on replacing my EGR solenoid when it warms up a little (so I hopefully don’t snap off the plastic clip) to try to clear a P1409 code I got after hitting a pothole the size of Montana.
I have a 95,CA model. It had a code for low voltage on the dpfe sensor. I back probed the connector and tested it with a vacuum pump at various specified vacuums. The sensor voltage was a bit low and dropped with time under consistent vacuum, I replaced it with the motorcraft kit and the CEL has stayed off.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,163 Posts
Yesterday,I attempted to reinstall heater hose assembly in lower intake so I could install upper intake. Upper intake didn’t want to clear it. So uninstalled and reinstalled heater assembly multiple times. And ended up getting cross threaded in the lower intake. Now to find a way to repair that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
U might be able to chase the threads with the original tap size... Otherwise u have to go to the next size up, drill it out and retap it... Only other option if u absolutely have to keep the same size bolt is to use a helicoil which means it's gonna have to be much larger (like 2 sizes up from ur current) to accommodate the helicoil insert to maintain the same bolt size...

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,351 Posts
I replaced my fuel filter this evening. It had been on my truck for the last 5 years since I have owned it and no telling how long before that. I did not have any issues but I figured I would go ahead and change it out before something came up.

I also changed out my low side A/C sensor connector. My old one had the retaining tabs broken off. I have been slowly replacing all my connectors that have the retaining tabs broken off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
U might be able to chase the threads with the original tap size... Otherwise u have to go to the next size up, drill it out and retap it... Only other option if u absolutely have to keep the same size bolt is to use a helicoil which means it's gonna have to be much larger (like 2 sizes up from ur current) to accommodate the helicoil insert to maintain the same bolt size...
I ordered a 3/4 npt tap and die. To hopefully get it fixed if all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
In an effort to keep my Bronco driving while still doing something. I picked up an 8.8 core. Since cash is tight, I plane to gather the proper parts and maybe take a shot at the rebuild. Plans include new bearings and seals, new shafts, new brakes, maybe weld the tubes, Posi, 4.10.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Got the new oil pump and pickup mounted on the '96 302 going in the '95 EB. Got the glass beaded bare cylinder heads cleaned, dried and primed / painted. Also got the lower intake primed / painted. Hope to start assembling this damn thing this week.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wrecked it...Isn't too bad. Bent the wheel, body damage, knocked off my exhaust. Not sure how bad it will be in the end. Did get to drive it home...at 7mph and you could tell about the wheel...

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,285 Posts
Damn, brother! Did she even hit the brakes?? That dash cam tells the story perfectly - you even came to a full stop beforehand! Looks like you have a rear quarter to replace and probably your rear axle and suspension (and exhaust per your comment). Hopefully insurance doesn’t give you a hard time on repairs. That sucks! I take it you’re ok @pakmule87 ?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Some of the sore stuff is starting to set in, but I overheard a little of what she told the officer how she wasn't able to brake in time, which a lot of people love to blow through that particular stop sign and you can tell what her intent was...with the audio about 2 seconds before the collision she tapped her horn (no sounds of tires, but the volume outside the cab had the horn about 2/3rds as loud as me talking) like it would have really helped. I imagine they will try to give me more trouble with just the offer on repairs and can imagine they will pull some BS Kelley Blue Book value price and try to total it, but with NADA starting at $2500 (plus I have $600+ just in parts with the grill and front bumper if they try to total it for me to add in)...I think that should give me enough to play with to get it fixed. Of course I do need ball joints on the driver side...wonder if I can work that in lol. But the main problem is I am without a ride. Really should have thought twice about adding that rental coverage on my insurance.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,285 Posts
But the main problem is I am without a ride. Really should have thought twice about adding that rental coverage on my insurance.
Yeah, my Bronco is the only vehicle in the driveway that has that coverage. You should also add in a new seat belt and reel for the driver's side. After a wreck it's usually a good idea. Check out these folks - I had seat belt webbing replaced for $75 in one of my rear reels.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah, my Bronco is the only vehicle in the driveway that has that coverage. You should also add in a new seat belt and reel for the driver's side. After a wreck it's usually a good idea. Check out these folks - I had seat belt webbing replaced for $75 in one of my rear reels.
Fortunately with the way the forces went, the seat belt should be fine as it didn't have a chance to really do any good...this time, though I do want to eventually have my rear belts match so when I start making the big machinist bucks I'll give them a shot. Now as far as my last Bronco...It pulled out the pillar close to an inch when it was wrecked. That one taught me many valauble lessons, hence the dash cam.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
242 Posts
I finished installing the Desolate motorsports dash brace, it took more trimming than I expected but seems solid. Of course I had to do some detailing while zi was in there...

Also replaced the wire loom for the electric fans and driving lights, it looks cleaner and isn't falling apart anymore.

Tried to remove the faulty new ignition switch but it seemed stuck. Even with the retaining pin fully lifted out of the way (and able to pull igniton far enough to have the pin move out of its alignment position) it wouldn't come out. Oh well. It locks, and starts/functions.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Some of the sore stuff is starting to set in, but I overheard a little of what she told the officer how she wasn't able to brake in time, which a lot of people love to blow through that particular stop sign and you can tell what her intent was...with the audio about 2 seconds before the collision she tapped her horn (no sounds of tires, but the volume outside the cab had the horn about 2/3rds as loud as me talking) like it would have really helped. I imagine they will try to give me more trouble with just the offer on repairs and can imagine they will pull some BS Kelley Blue Book value price and try to total it, but with NADA starting at $2500 (plus I have $600+ just in parts with the grill and front bumper if they try to total it for me to add in)...I think that should give me enough to play with to get it fixed. Of course I do need ball joints on the driver side...wonder if I can work that in lol. But the main problem is I am without a ride. Really should have thought twice about adding that rental coverage on my insurance.
Hate to tell you - but odds are the are going to try to total your Bronco and pay you off quick. I've been through this dance before. If it's over 70% of value for repair, they will try to total it. If it were me - I'd get on the internet and start printing out classified ads for Broncos very similar to yours in the condition it was pre accident.

All of this varies wildly on the insurance company and the individual adjuster. I had a friend who got his car damaged in a hail storm. His insurance company did the estimate and wanted to total the car. He didn't want to total it. He had just bought it (used) and he really liked it. So they offered him and amount if he kept the car (totaled). He turned it down. He's driving it the whole time. Like 3 months pass. He finally calls them and tells them he'll take their last offer. They told him it had expired, they needed to look at the car again. A DIFFERENT adjust came out (Same company mind you) and approved full repair without totaling it. YMMV.

Good luck.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hate to tell you - but odds are the are going to try to total your Bronco and pay you off quick. I've been through this dance before. If it's over 70% of value for repair, they will try to total it. If it were me - I'd get on the internet and start printing out classified ads for Broncos very similar to yours in the condition it was pre accident.

All of this varies wildly on the insurance company and the individual adjuster. I had a friend who got his car damaged in a hail storm. His insurance company did the estimate and wanted to total the car. He didn't want to total it. He had just bought it (used) and he really liked it. So they offered him and amount if he kept the car (totaled). He turned it down. He's driving it the whole time. Like 3 months pass. He finally calls them and tells them he'll take their last offer. They told him it had expired, they needed to look at the car again. A DIFFERENT adjust came out (Same company mind you) and approved full repair without totaling it. YMMV.

Good luck.
I have been looking some, looked at 2 car sites with 500 mile range, and Craigslist, closest that doesn't run (owner believes battery connection issue) and has been sitting for 8 months with 350k is $5000, and then they jump up substantially with way less miles than my 305k. Only way it went cheaper was for a brick nose, but that is less safe than an OBS (even though I was in a front crash with my last Bronco that was a 90), or rather that will be my argument against older models being used for comparison, a rust bucket and another one with the complete interior and top pulled at $4000.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Received my first RockAuto parts order...its raining so all I can do right now is look at them lol. Radiator, hoses, clamps, heater core, thermostat housing, fan clutch, water pump stud kit, gaskets. Basically the whole coolant system and high a pressure hose for the Saginaw upgrade. Slowly gathering parts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,351 Posts
Received my first RockAuto parts order...its raining so all I can do right now is look at them lol. Radiator, hoses, clamps, heater core, thermostat housing, fan clutch, water pump stud kit, gaskets. Basically the whole coolant system and high a pressure hose for the Saginaw upgrade. Slowly gathering parts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I love it when the little brown truck drops by .........

19081 - 19100 of 19802 Posts