Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

19121 - 19140 of 19864 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Kicking myself for not replacing the steering pump when the motor was out...

Locked up, threw the serpentine belt, but not before spewing its guts all over the engine bay. :angry

Saginaw swap? Not yet. Couldn't source an E-series bracket locally and Desolate Motorsports was ~2 weeks out. 2x :angry

Stepping over a dollar to save a dime.
Pop's Pick and Pay in Mechanicsville. That's where I picked up my Saginaw swap. Was there a couple of weeks ago and they have several Econoline vans with the pump / bracket.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Got the valve covers and upper intake cleaned up enough for primer and paint. Got the thermactor plugs installed in the cylinder heads and started cleaning up the valve train parts so I can finally get the cylinder heads assembled and installed.

Pics on my build thread.........

·
Registered
813 Posts
I got a parts truck 86 with a v8 not sure what block cuz I could care less and stripped an 85 with a 300 L6 if I have one that works, free, your shipping.
Pop's Pick and Pay in Mechanicsville. That's where I picked up my Saginaw swap. Was there a couple of weeks ago and they have several Econoline vans with the pump / bracket.
Thanks MojoJojo and ctandc. DD, so had to get her back on the road. Good to know about Pop’s. Cruised CAP and was SOL - Saginaw is still on the “some day list”.

Good to have the truck back.

·
Man of endless projects
9,061 Posts
pretty much finished my D44/D50 hybrid front axle on my 96. was alot more work than anticipated and alot of moments of 'if this doesnt work im screwed'. took me several weekends but its all installed along with my 5.13 gears and e-locker. couple more things and then i can work on doing the 10.25" in the rear. and then i can buy tires which im not sure if i will do 35s or 37s. its currently on some roll-around 35s temporarily and has alot of clearence but the engine is out also. once thats done i can finally start saving up for the engine build.

dont really have pics of it finished right now, i will probably do a write-up thread on it tho i dont really recommend anybody doing it unless they can fabricate and are a glutton for punishment. it will be more of a guide and warning for anybody wanting to try such a project of issues i ran into

·
Registered
9 Posts
Four days of removing a stuck fuel filter; patience is a virtue. After reading here on similar problems from those who have suffered a stubborn fuel filter that refuses to let go of the fuel lines using the tricky little release tool, I thank you. WD40, compressed air and gentle tapping on the internal locking collar housings, and finally success. Yes, it was four days, however, it was only an hour or two a day, as my patience would permit. As one post I read claimed, "it'll break free, keep at it, it will...."; no truer words spoken. I can now rejoin the word of being vertical, until I begin removing rust and recoating the undercarriage, tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,360 Posts
Four days of removing a stuck fuel filter; patience is a virtue. After reading here on similar problems from those who have suffered a stubborn fuel filter that refuses to let go of the fuel lines using the tricky little release tool, I thank you. WD40, compressed air and gentle tapping on the internal locking collar housings, and finally success. Yes, it was four days, however, it was only an hour or two a day, as my patience would permit. As one post I read claimed, "it'll break free, keep at it, it will...."; no truer words spoken. I can now rejoin the word of being vertical, until I begin removing rust and recoating the undercarriage, tomorrow.
Wow, I count myself lucky ! I just changed my fuel filter last weekend and it only took me about an hour to do it. At the time I thought I was having trouble to get my connectors to let loose but obviously I was being blessed and didn't know it. All I had to use was the special tool.
I had more trouble getting the filter body to come out of the holder than I did getting the ends off....
As I said, I count myself as lucky...

·
Registered
9 Posts
ThrustMaster; "Getting back into form with the old squirt gun".
Nice bead. Looks more TIG than MIG?? Have you tried Corona Lite?<wink>

·
Registered
710 Posts
Miller lite boxes are the prefered template material for cutting plate. It's in a MILspec somewhere.
Then MILSpec is really moving up in the world. Back in my day it was Busch Light boxes - cheaper.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Got the valve train components cleaned up finally last night and started assembling the cylinder heads with new valve stem seals. Also got some paint on the new water pump and water outlet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Committed to have the stock 5.0l heads removed from my 87 efi and resurfaced to stop coolant leak caused but the poor quality workmanship of a local Automotive shop/builder ...I wish they were focused on quality over dollars..Never use they again....frustrated

·
Registered
417 Posts
Continued arguing with insurance. Seems they are really keen on not even letting it leave the salvage yard they had it taken to for valuation assessment unless it leaves as salvage...

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
251 Posts
I replaced my thermostat, thermotat housing, serpentine belt, tensioner, and idler pulley. The POS aftermarket thermostat outlet needed to be deburred significantly but did work, and allowed me to move the aftermarket coolant temp sensor and regain the use of the factory gauge.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Replaced window rubber, also tried to glue speaker grille back on with superglue which worked... Not even a little bit.

Next thought was rubber cement, something i could put on both surfaces then mate together... Hopefully...

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

19121 - 19140 of 19864 Posts