Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

19261 - 19280 of 19802 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,864 Posts
We got a thread for it somewhere. I love my old Win Lever 30-30 like nobody's business. Favorite rifle for me, hands down. Couple weeks ago, a buddy swung by with his AK-47 for me to try out. First time I got my hands on one. After some familiarity plinkin', he insisted I run through the 30 rnd mag. I couldn't stop grinning the rest of the night.
Finally managed to trade of an 8mm for a 30-06, so I could take the cross-ridge shots. That damn slide on the 8mm smacked the scope and drove me nuts, so I was glad to see it go... even though it was a fine rifle.

Such a shame I lost all of mine those years back in that bizarre hang-gliding accident.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
Mojo, Mojo, Mojo... you should be able to bang out 600 yards with 69 grain pill in a service rifle. You can socially distance MUCH further with a 300 WinMag! LOL
Ya but the elk I have hit in the old fuel pump at 500yds usually stay right we’re there laying ;) , I do like the lever revolution rounds for the old 30/30 now, with a scope 150-200 yds us easily deer droppable.

·
I did done broke it
2,255 Posts
Finished up the exhaust. Bare tailpipe looks silly, gonna have to hunt down a decent tip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well mine has been in the shop for the past week. Since buying it I needed to replace a few things, like the fuel pump, rear window motor, brake pads and a tuneup. Also the radiator needed to get flushed. So I've just been waiting for it all to get done so I can drive it. I've been lurking around google for carpet replacement but since all the stuff I'm going to do to it is gonna cost about $2500, its gonna have to wait.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
Looked at mine sitting outside at the shop thinking to my self I need to get this place organized so I can roll it in and get the T-case swapped so I can drive it again.... love the mpg on the wife’s Toyota Corolla. But damn I miss sitting upright while driving.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looked at mine sitting outside at the shop thinking to my self I need to get this place organized so I can roll it in and get the T-case swapped so I can drive it again.... love the mpg on the wife’s Toyota Corolla. But damn I miss sitting upright while driving.
Haha yup thats why I'm keeping the mazda, getting combined 37mpg with it right now not that it matters when gas is at 1.47/gal but still!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,208 Posts
Yes - great time for sure. Very quite in the woods. Got my new Bushnell AR 1-6 dialed in to my liking.

Also got to try a few of the 45-70 loads. Not as accurate as the .223s but in the black at 100 - man does that thing kick.

And I capped it off with a half box through my M&P .40.

Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
More work on the roller 351w!

·
Man of endless projects
9,051 Posts
didnt get much done this weekend because im waiting on parts and funds. but i did install my Ruffstuff 10.25" disc brake conversion on my 96s axle.

got my install kit and 5.13 RnP for my 88s 10.25" today but i decided to order an e-locker which will hopefully be here by next weekend. was going to weld the open diff but decided if i do run as a dually, a welded diff would REALLY suck at turns. its already pretty bad with single wheels and a welded diff

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The 45-70 rounds look bad ass. I actually saw an old revolver at a swap meet that shot them. I can't even fathom shooting a 45-70 pistol... It would make a desert eagle look like a cap gun.

I still remember the first time a found a spent 45-70 round at the range...… Been coveting a nice guide gun ever since.

19261 - 19280 of 19802 Posts