Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

19361 - 19380 of 19827 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
LOVING this weather! Finishing touches on my swap!

·
Registered
710 Posts
New timing chain set, new timing cover, valvetrain torqued:

Ready to put the new oil pan / fel pro gasket set on - just not real sure about the loose fitment

Got the balancer installed - I'm thinking it's real close to being where it needs to be - what say you all? (Used the impact and the balancer and no I didn't go overboard) I guess I can mock up pulley alignment to be sure.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
309 Posts

Received my new springs and chassis paint today. Tail light lenses are due in tomorrow. I’ll start working on swapping springs tomorrow, installing new center caps while wheels are off and now I’ll work on my idle issues. Yay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
309 Posts
What shocks are you using?
JBG that the PO had installed right before I bought it. I may change the entire suspension system to the JBG Pre runner super flex kit and possibly install new shocks....

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Like the Lightning wheels. What kind of batteries are those? Nice looking truck & swap.
Honestly, they're Walmart specials. I've been waiting for them to die for 3 years, and they keep going, lol. Once they die I'll pick up some AGM batteries, I just can't see replacing something that's not broke yet. Thanks!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,890 Posts
Got out today and inspected all the valves, rods, rockers, etc. that have been sitting on the bench over the winter while Dad's 400 for his '78 has been sitting because I'm a slacker. I let 'em all soak, nicely lined up in a fresh oil bath for a few days. I was worried about surface rust that may have started to form over the cold winter months but after looking and more importantly... feeling each part and piece over carefully, everything looks like it's in great condition and ready for me to re-install the heads and start re-assembling the rest.
I was at least smart enough to lay them all out in order, on top of a piece of cardboard and then covered over with paper-towels, then plastic. My hope was to absorb any moisture before it could cause surface rust on those crucial parts and it seemed to work.
Anybody got any good tips or tricks or things to watch out for? Everything is lined up and the soak trays marked to make sure everything goes back into the holes they came out of... so at least I've got that covered.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks to everyone on here, diagnosed my rough idle issue. Kind of. Narrowed it down to either the EGR or the EVR.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone. This is my first time being here so I'll try to make this as brief as I can. I just recently bought an 86 FSB. This is my second FSB in the same year. So after buying this one I dove it home smoking out everyone on the freeway and no breaks, pulled over to check the fluids and could not find the engine oil dipstick. Got it home and found the dipstick in the back of the bronco and the break fluid reservoir was leaking. Yesterday I replaced the reservoir and bleed the breaks and tomorrow I'm changing out the spark plugs and wires and putting in a new engine oil dipstick and tube and have much more work to do.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Full wash, inside and out. First time in a long time for the interior. Then opened up the tailgate to see whats up with the key switch not working. Everything is hooked up, trying to find power to the actuator. Noticed a white plastic plunger in there, just floating around. Any ideas?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Swapped in new gas tank, sending unit, bolts for the gas tank as well as fuel filler hoses. Filled her up at the gas station and was reminded by how sloppy the steering is and how it sways all over rhe road dangerously... guess I need to rebuild the front end/add all new bushings and chexk all the suspension stuff ugh it never ends

·
Registered
493 Posts
Full wash, inside and out. First time in a long time for the interior. Then opened up the tailgate to see whats up with the key switch not working. Everything is hooked up, trying to find power to the actuator. Noticed a white plastic plunger in there, just floating around. Any ideas?
Do you hear "clicks" when turning the tailgate cylinder with the key? Those switches go bad with time.

19361 - 19380 of 19827 Posts